• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Wild Cannabis (aka Ditch Weed) and the law

rincewindrocks

Bluelighter
My brother just IMed me, telling me he found some ditch weed on our property, right by the road. He asked me if he should kill it, cause he was afraid that a law enforcement agent would see it and...i guess arrest our parents or something. I told him that I highly doubted that it was illegal for you to allow wild ditch weed to grow on your property, especially if you were not tending to it or anything, and not harvesting it. Does anyone have more concrete info on this? Am I right? Or should I tell my brother to knock em down?

There isn't anything concrete about that...there aren't any provisions in the law that say if you are aware of marijuana growing wild on your property, but don't tend to it, you are innocent (or guilty). It would be the police officer's decision whether or not to charge you guys on one of the following charges (in my state at least): The cultivation, delivery or sale of 30 grams or less is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000. Cultivation or delivery of more than 30 grams is a felony, punishable by six months - three years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For cultivation or delivery of any amount of ten pounds or more the penalties range from 2 - 8 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

If you are aware of the marijuana growing on your property, but do not attend to it, nor destroy it - you should be guilty of the cultivation of marijuana; that is, unless the area in which the marijuana is growing is proven to be inaccessable to you. If you are genuinely unaware of marijuana growing wild on your property, then you should be excused upon clearing your property of the wild marijuana.

Last edited:
So where do you live? If it's in the USA, kill it. From what I know, even ditch weed isn't tolerated overthere.

One thing many Pot-growers do is grow their Pot on someone else's property (you know, it's safer that way).

It does not matter if you would have a 99% chance of not getting caught, there is always that 1%.

The only reason I would leave it there is IF I would plan to harvest it later. Then it might be worth the risk. But if you aren't gonna do anything with it, then it's just a "weed" on your property (especially since it's growing right next to a public road). Spray that sucker.

Kill it for sure, i know in kentucky, they dont give a fug if it's wild, why would they believe you??? If they see your property as alot of $$$, they'll getcha

Lol off topic but my friend keeps telling me hes gonna drive down there and get some wild weed... i tell him it wont even get him high but hes like "weed is weed"

Unless it's like lower than 0.1% THC, a pound of the weed could probably be made into oil with butane. Alcohol or Iso-alcohol wouldn't work because there's water in it which would cause chlorophyll to be extracted.

Pre-extract the chlorophyll with room-temperature water; problem solved.

Some ditchweed makes tolerable oil; some does not.

As far as the law - if you have a baggie of it, yes, you'll get busted, just like any other weed. If it's growing wild on your land I'd kill it too; there have been "busts" of wild hemp patches "valued" at millions of dollars. Don't become a headline.

you know if its jsut by the road is probably like most other roadside vegitation... filled with delicious lead.

smoking it will just fill your lungs with all thos ethings that have settled from car exhausts

so unless you hapepn to enjoy other similar activities such as inhaling HCl gas and breathing in water then please spare your pot ridden lungs and leave it be :)

Kill it. They can send a crew, grab a few bundles of the low THC ditch weed and call it a good day, then claim a victory in the war on drugs. They do this to justify the insane amounts of tax money they spend.

Dig it up and take it to the police station. Tell them you found it growing on your property, and you aren't sure if it is drugs or not. Ask for them to set up a watch by the side of the road in case the dealers come back to check the "Dope".

^an interesting bluff, but then again no one wants to attract police attention really

just uproot it all, leave it to wilt a fair bit
then just bury it or shove it in your compost heap
end of problem

why risk trouble when you could just kill it and avoid any

trouble with no rewarwds at the end is pointless

fuck that.

LET IT GROW. It has every much of a right to exist as you.

If you're really worried just pretend you never saw it.