Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codapane forte

hyde_park

Greenlighter
Hi, i'm relatively new here and i was just wondering if anyone has ever taken codapane forte, and if there is any suggested methods of taking it....it is a paracetemol based codeine phosphate @ 500mg/30 paracetemol/codeine phosphate ratio. i am thinking of dosing 4, so a 120 mg dose of c. also, is it safe to ingest 2000mg of paracetemol?

i would probly suggest that it isnt safe, although im not sure but if its nething like ibprofen it will give u a hell of a gut ache.
If you are wanting to take more than the suggested amount of codine for pain relief i would suggest u browse this topic below on how to extract the codine from Nurofen Plus++

Paracetamol can not be extracted the same way, so this is not a viable option for Panadol forte or wat ever it is.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=141077&highlight=nurofen

ok thanks man. i thought that n+ was unsplitable now....thats y i didnt bother with it. is this true? btw the ones i have are prescription

oooo 30mg codeine in each pill! fuck it sucks havin no access to any prescriptions. i gotta deal with nurofen+ and panadeine (which i prefer, easier to CWE)

with that amount of codeine, i dont think its worth doin a CWE. just dont go over the max dose for paracetamol per day, which is IIRC 3-4g?

I can't tell you lately wheather they are unsplittable as i havn't seen them, but just in case they are could someone please leave the link to Erowid on 'Coldwater extraction' currently im unable to find it.

Once again this link will only help you with Nurofen + or pills that only have ingredients of Ibprofen and codiene. This is because paracetamol can also dissolve in water.
Just one more note, if u can convince the chemist that u need a 74 pack these should have been on the shelf long enough not to have been restocked, thus still splitable.

When I highsided my motocycle the chemist had no problem giving me a pack that size as he could see from the lack of skin on my hands i needed them.

Goodluck and look around www.erowid.org when u get sumtime aswell

Doogan said:
I can't tell you lately wheather they are unsplittable as i havn't seen them, but just in case they are could someone please leave the link to Erowid on 'Coldwater extraction' currently im unable to find it.

Once again this link will only help you with Nurofen + or pills that only have ingredients of Ibprofen and codiene. This is because paracetamol can also dissolve in water.
Just one more note, if u can convince the chemist that u need a 74 pack these should have been on the shelf long enough not to have been restocked, thus still splitable.

When I highsided my motocycle the chemist had no problem giving me a pack that size as he could see from the lack of skin on my hands i needed them.

Goodluck and look around www.erowid.org when u get sumtime aswell
yes you can CWE pills which contain paracetamol, in my experience i actually found them better.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine_faq.shtml#extraction

that should help you with the CWE

has anyone got any ideas for what to use instead of filter paper then....its kinda too late to buy any hahaha. thanks for the replies

You might want to have a look at the following threads/posts which discuss alternate methods:

hell yer, look at the those N+ threads, there is sooooo much infomation, most of it true. Fine coffee or lab filters work a treat, i personally wouldn't fuck around with a hankerchief folded over a couple of tmes. Your liver is pretty too valuble to kill it with paracetmol.

I have some codapane (normal type) and I was wondering if this is splitable? They contain 500 mg paracetamol and 8mg of codeine.

The tablets have a score down the middle, one side has a P and one side has C. Probably not but thought I ask if this was the case..

Cheers!

slu2345 said:
I have some codapane (normal type) and I was wondering if this is splitable? They contain 500 mg paracetamol and 8mg of codeine.

The tablets have a score down the middle, one side has a P and one side has C. Probably not but thought I ask if this was the case..

Cheers!

btw, they arent splitable.

to the OP yeah, thatd be fine, but dont do it too often, and anything higher you should start CWE..

i mean thats just like taking four panadols!

CWE sucks, Ive tried it a few times, once with 24 8mg tabs and Id say it was comparable to 2 panadeine fortes. So thats like 45% loss.

I guess I need a better way of doing it. I was using an old piece of clothing to filter and then a coffee filter. Took ages and loads of sludge left over, hardly worth it for the effort. 4 panadols should be fine as long as you dont do it weekly. It might give you a stomach ache.

^ yeah cwe does suck, but if your using codeine and getting a tolerance its the way to go i guess, or move onto something stronger..

just remember with CWE its not called cold water for no reason, so make sure to use a ice bath or a fridge if your doing it. not making assumptions that you arent, just saying that sometimes its overlooked and it is a big factor that would determine yeild.

oh and have a look in the 'eating nurofen+' thread in aus drug discussion, everythings gone through a million times, just search the thread for the 'ghetto cwe' technique. best way of cweing, kicks the CRAP out of using a coffee filter for sure.

edit : katmeow just linked the thread i was talking about above, be sure to check em out

Yep I dissolved it in warm water for about 30mins. Then put it in the freezer for about 45mins in an icecube bath until it almost started freezing. Waited for the sludge to seperate from the liquid, filtered the liquid and then the sludge. Had to mix the sludge with some more water as it was really really thick. Took about an hour to filter but yeah so not worth the effort.

I tried a CWE on normal codapane the other nite, worked pretty well I thought. Using 24 x 8mg tabs, I reckon the yields would have been around 120-150mg, as a feeling of dizzyness and nausea (while standing) was strong enough to keep me laying down for a couple hours. It was much stronger than any of my experiences with panadeine forte (60mg dosage) and the old splittable N+'s (up to 100mg dose).

Theres a few things during the extraction process that I think can affect the overall yield.

If your using hot water - say bye bye to the majority of the codeine. Even water that feels noticeably warm is probably too hot. It should feel just abit above room temperature. If you have trouble getting all the pills to disolve in it, then you should grind up your pills instead of putting them in whole.

Another point is freezing the liquid. Personally, every time I've tried to "speed up" the cooling of the liquid by putting it in the freezer, I've always left it just abit too long and its started to freeze. The end extraction never seemed to be as good as just putting it in the fridge for ~45mins.

When filtering, there isnt any substitute [that isnt potentially dangerous] for a coffee filter, or even better proper lab filters. Melitta coffee filters do the job well for me, with just 2 of them. The end liquid is always clear (unless using dyed pills). Wetting the filter with a small amount of water seemed to help the overall yield for me, as well as seemingly speeding up the filtering process.

If there is a large amount of sludge left in the glass the pills + water were in (before being put into the filter), a small amount of cold water can be added into the glass and mixed around to pick up any remaining sludge to be added into the filter.

Last edited:
Codeine Phosphate w/o Tylenol

Why buy codeine products with Tylenol if you're not happy about taking such high doses of Tylenol with codeine - simply purchase Codeine phosphate without added meds. If you need X-amount of codeine and to accomplish that you're taking 4 to 5 say 12 mg codeine w/ tylenol tabs, you're getting too much tylenol - NOT good for your liver and probably upset the stomach. Many places sell the codeine by itself and it's sometimes cheaper believe it or not. It's safer NOT to take lots of low mg. tabs vs. one or two 50 mg codeine phosphate tabs. RIGHT?!? Just seems simple enough :)8)
Codi Opt is 80mg codeine NOTHING ELSE - and codicompren is 50 mg NOTHING ELSE -- If you want and need the tylenol to relieve the pain, make sure it's ample codeine in ONE tablet, not 4-5 - Tylenol #3 (brand or generic) will offer 30 mg codeine and 500 tylenol - I wouldn't recommend more than 1000 mg of tylenol every 4-6 hours. Be good to your liver :\