• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine Storage After CWE

puckboy

Greenlighter
I did a search and was unable to find the information I require... so my question is, after performing a CWE on Nurofen plus to aquire the codeine is there any particular way in which the remaining liquid should be stored if I do not intend on taking the solution straight away? For instance does it get damaged by light, air or whatever? Or does it lose potency over time?

cool dry place covered so it dont evaporate

OD has plummeted downhill so quickly. I blame this on the current MOD work under Phreex it was cooler COME ON GUYS!

hmm i dunno if id try storing it for more than a day.
it will probally mold/turn bad pretty quickly.

Hmm...I know that hydrocodone and morphine break down in water by default. I am not sure if codeine is the same but I would guess it probably is...I'm not sure there is a way to store it after a CWE and not have it degrade at all.

But as usual, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

It will go pretty rank in not too long....I kept mine in a cool dark place for a couple of days and drank it and it was ok, but after a week or so it starts turning this shitty brown colour and just looks awful, and smells even worse than normal too. I would just do the CWE as close to the day as possible.

if you are aiming to keep it in liquid form, youre not going to have an easy task. it is possible to evaporate off the water to leave you with pure codiene powder. its a hard task as well because of how sensitive codiene is to light and heat. its possible though. you will lose some in the process but its better than the water turning to crud after a few days.

so, I have this same question. no one above has answered it to my satisfaction.

What if I perform an extraction on a large amount of codeine pills and keep the solution in a closet in a sealed glass jar? would it really get moldy or 'rank'? I just can't be fucked to have to deal with the extraction every time.

^ If the binders and fillers include ingredients that would promote the growth of bacteria it's possible, otherwise you should be fine.

If you can evaporate it and deal with the powder you might be better off.

Add some alcohol. Problem solved. (Unless you're plugging it :\)
I would also keep it as cold as possible. Duh.

euphoricnod said:
OD has plummeted downhill so quickly. I blame this on the current MOD work under Phreex it was cooler COME ON GUYS!
May 2006. lol!

whats that en character up to?

Storing Codeine dissolved in water

I've looked around, and managed to find this link through google, but the damn page wont load. So here's my question.

How should Codeine dissolved in water, obtained via CWE. Be stored, for minimal degradation of potency, and how long will it last? For example If one were to perform CWE on 3 sheets of 30/500 Cocodamol (which would be a ridiculous dose to consume in one sitting), could one drink a reasonable amount of the product, then keep the remainder for another time without it becoming significantly weaker?

What causes Codeine to degrade other than heat? Will the Codeine solidify over time and have to be dissolved again?

Cheers - J

You risk it degrading and bacterial growth. If you want to store it more than a couple days mix in some alcohol to prevent bacterial growth (a half a shot of vodka or any 80 proof alcohol will do fine, as long as it's not enough to get you intoxicated for safety). Keep it in the fridge and try to cover it so no light gets in.

Last edited:
How about covering and refrigerating? I know nothing about this, but I imagine those would help preserve it. Unfortunately I can't tell you how long this would last.

How about covering and refrigerating? I know nothing about this, but I imagine those would help preserve it. Unfortunately I can't tell you how long this would last.

This plus add half or a quarter shot of 80 proof liquor if it is more than a couple days to prevent bacterial growth and other contamination.

good looks puckboy:)

merged storing extracted codeine solution threads together