• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
chokinvictim said:
From all I gathered from searching old threads, most of the potentiators of morphine and other opiates are bad for taking with codeine. Other than that, there seems to be a lot of disagreement on when to take them.

Yes, most potentiators inhibit CYP2D6 to some extent, which metabolizes Codeine to Morphine.
I think the only (very) good potentiators of Codeine are Benzos.

quinine is a good one, cheap, and can be found in tonic water that you buy from a grocer.

I'm not sure about lunesta, but a small dose of ambien potentiates pharm opiates such as codeine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone greatly in my experience. I have a bunch of the 6.5 mg CR ambiens and taking one sublingually after blowing your usual oxy dose def. ups your high to another level. If you want to get really fucked try mixing a bowl or a couple beers too.

Oh god how i love Oxycontin and Hennesey with a nice bowl......mose beautiful feeling....but anyways, potentiation, yea. Ill edit the chart when i get around to it, good shit comin in peeps, keep it comin.

dnbmassive said:
quinine is a good one, cheap, and can be found in tonic water that you buy from a grocer.

How does Quinine potentiate Opiates?
Is it an enzymatic process, or something else?

Limpet_Chicken said:
Taking promethazine with codeine, be sure to wait for the codeine to fully come on, as promethazine is a CYP-P4502D6 substrate, and will inhibit metabolism of codeine to morphine to quite a noticeable extent.

Hmm, to comment on what you posted. Prometh doesn't really negate any effects of metabolism into morphine; you might want to check that out. There are actual prescriptions of Codeine with Promethazine syrup that is prescribed, I think I've actually had it myself before. You sure you're not confusing this with something else?

jasoncrest said:
How does Quinine potentiate Opiates?
Is it an enzymatic process, or something else?

Not quite sure jason, I think it perhaps might be enzymatic through the act of a faster absorption/breakdown.

ive heard that hydroxzine helps potentiates opiates as well, is this true?

Would opiates potentiate other opiates? For example if one was to take say, 200mg of codeine, and 10mg of oxycodone, would the effects stack up greatly? Would it a case of 'the whole is greater than the sum of the parts' or whatever (eg. GHB & alcohol - 1/2 a dose of GHB + 1/2 a dose of alcohol = more than a whole effects)

dnbmassive said:

Aha! This explains why I've come to like Gin & Tonics so much recently. I assume these potentiators also work with Buprenorphine? (Subutex/Suboxone) - I'd really like to know this, because as I have mentioned in a recent thread, I might have to go on a business trip next week, really short notice, and if I can't arrange a temporary transfer of my bupe program, I'm gonna need to make the tiny amount I have at home go a really long way

Idi0tequ3 said:
ive heard that hydroxzine helps potentiates opiates as well, is this true?

Hydroxyzine is an anticholinergic sedative antihistamine, so I think it potentiates Opiates just like every other anticholinergic sedative antihistamine (promethazine, diphenhydramine, cyclizine...)

Dnb, I checked up on the enzymatic interactions of promethazine in the canadian CPS (I'm not canadian, just have a copy) and it is a CYP2D6 substrate, so it doesn't totally inhibit metabolism, but in my experience, taking promethazine before the codeine comes on, significantly weakens the high, taking it after, greatly improves it.

Limpet_Chicken said:
Dnb, I checked up on the enzymatic interactions of promethazine in the canadian CPS (I'm not canadian, just have a copy) and it is a CYP2D6 substrate, so it doesn't totally inhibit metabolism, but in my experience, taking promethazine before the codeine comes on, significantly weakens the high, taking it after, greatly improves it.

touchet', touchet'

thanks for doin the research bro, I think my experience with prometh and opiates were negligible in a negative way and either was neutral or help assist or prolong a nod in my experience. To each his own, just IMO

I use promethazine every time I take codeine, I just wait for the codeine to come on fully before I do take it, taking hte promethazine at the same time, in my experience, greatly pisses on the high.

How much Diphenhydramine should one take in order to potentiate a heroin high? Also when should the diphenhydramine be ingested? Anything else worth sharing on this subject?

Also...Will grapfruit juice help enhance the heroin high or not? It seems like there's a bit controversy about grape fruit juice?

Best regards, -Psyko

Fantastic information in this thread, I consider this my one stop, opiate information source.

I wouldn't think GFJ enhances a heroin high, but, I do imagine it would last somewhat longer, as H has first to be deacetylated in vivo, then the resulting morphine would be n-demethylated via CYPP450-3A4, so the grapefruit juice would likely as not retard the process.

Blue_Phlame said:
Fantastic information in this thread, I consider this my one stop, opiate information source.

=D =D

Thats the idea!

Hopefully even more can be added and it will live up to its "Ultimate" title

Do da bumpty bump!

Dont even think about lettin this sucka go off the first page *tsk tsk*

I also don't want this thread to drop off the first page, but unfortunately there is a lot of conflicting information on different potentiators, and when to take them.
The only people whose information I really trust with facts backing up their information, is negrogesic and a few others, and their posts are way back in the older threads and it takes some searching. There's too much conflicting information in this thread for it to really be helpful at this point in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.