• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry every one but i really didnt want to start a new thread for this and i didnt know where else to put it , but i have a quick question.

Tramadol. Any recreational value? I got 4 of these pills but I dont know if its worth my time.

I think tramadol is awesome, but alot of people dont like it. It does take a little while to take affect usually like 2 hours for me but it last a long time. Dont take over 400mg cause their is a risk of having a seizure. I would just start low, i usually take 300mg.

I have also found that taking a soma about 4 hours into it or 45 min before it peaks, will potentiate it a ton and can make you nod, and i only take one pill. and it only adds to the opiate high, just feels like you took a few vicodin.

the ultimate opioid potentiator is the pure antagonist, naltrexone (at the sub millegram dose level). the ultimate synergist would be an anti-histamine (even more so than Rx benzos, IMO)

If one was plugging something that was potentiated by grapefruit, say hydrocodone specifically, would it still be beneficial to drink the grapefruit if your going the rectal route?

I'm pretty sure i read some where that plugging is still subject to liver metabolism, i just wanted to make sure. Any one know for a fact?

Alotsa said:
If one was plugging something that was potentiated by grapefruit, say hydrocodone specifically, would it still be beneficial to drink the grapefruit if your going the rectal route?

I'm pretty sure i read some where that plugging is still subject to liver metabolism, i just wanted to make sure. Any one know for a fact?

Yes, I can say from personal experience that grapefruit juice still has an effect when plugging a substance. I don't know if plugging the grapefruit juice will enhance it (I know, you didn't mention it), but who knows, maybe it will? I don't think I'm going to try, though, because the whole plugging-thing isn't for me (I only do it maybe one out of forty times I have morphine, and specifically only morphine, no other drugs).

In fact, I personally think (cannot provide statistics/data to back this up) that potentiation/synergy by livery enzyme inhibition (Tagamet, GFJ), ant-histamines (Benadryl, hydroxyzine, meclizine, etc), benzodiazepines (diazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, etc), other non-psychoactive opiates (loperamide, dextromethorphan), and supplements (magnesium, etc) can affect opiate/opioid effects via ALL ROA's, even intravenous injection. Something like 800mg Tagamet before an IV dose won't make the opiate "stronger" (as it would with oral use), but it does increase the duration of the high by a good 30%.

I bought white grapefruits so I can get the pulps and fresh juice.
I hope it works well and increases codeine high duration.

I am so disappointed that I didn't get oxycodone today.

I've recently been taking St. John's Wort extract (about 1-2 droppers full of liquid extract) about 20-30 minutes before I shoot-up, and it really kicks it up a notch (especially when I've been eating a grapefruit). However it does seem to make the nausea more pronounced during and even afterwards a little bit. But that's just me

nleksan said:
Yes, I can say from personal experience that grapefruit juice still has an effect when plugging a substance. I don't know if plugging the grapefruit juice will enhance it (I know, you didn't mention it), but who knows, maybe it will?
OF fucking course it works because codeine needs to be metabolized first.

And if you are stupid enough to plug grapefruit juice into your anus, prepare for a bit of a sting

^i don't think that he meant he was going to put a grapefruit in his anus. you should relax and show courtesy to others.

no need to call people names or use profanity. :\

been using phenergan with my codeine and DHC. Seems you can get alot more morphine into the body with phenergan and using Dihydrocodeine with codeine. Plus some DXM seems to potentate things.
whats best time to take DXM with codeine.
just wondering on what best things to potentate and side effects of each and when best to take.
I usuall take 50mg 30 mins before codeine then another 25mg when i drink my codeine and DHC down.
I use benzos, catapres, DXM later on.
How does DXM work with opiates and what about ketamine

pinpoint said:
^i don't think that he meant he was going to put a grapefruit in his anus. you should relax and show courtesy to others.

no need to call people names or use profanity. :\

Anus is not profanity ! And he has quite a valid point grapefruit juice must hurt like hell up there!

We were gonna do some opioids tonight (we each have 1 1/2 30 mg roxi...so 45 mg roxi each). This thread has been helpful but a lot of the info. seems geared toward ppl with tolerances, so I figured I'd ask

What is a good potentiator dose for people with no/low tolerance to opioids? I did a small amount of opioids this week (20 mg oxy on Monday, a swig or two of hydro cough syrup yesterday) but I don't usually use more than one time a week...I mean if half a roxi still fucks you up you can't hang w/the people in this thread :D

So we have two potentiator options, hydroxizine and flexeril. What are good doses to take? I took 5 mg last night of flexeril, should I take more than my girlfriend because of that?

Thanks for your help!

What exactly is it about grapefruit juice that potentiates an opiate/oid? Is it the vitamin C? 'cause I've heard that vitamin C increases absorption rate/ability of the body. (i.e., absorption of the opiate into the bloodstream via the stomach lining.)

If vitamin C is the potentiator, I have pure tablets of it at my house... 8o

Also, do the potentiators in this thread also work on Tramadol?

Last edited:
No its not vitamin C, its a chemical that inhibits the enzyme that breaks codeine down, if you do a search for grapefruit I'm sure you will find its name,

Sigh...

So much misuse of the word 'potentiate' and it's derivatives in this thread...

^
I agree synenergy and potentiation seem to be the same word in this thread

rolls said:
No its not vitamin C, its a chemical that inhibits the enzyme that breaks codeine down, if you do a search for grapefruit I'm sure you will find its name,

And of course, you are right. Wikipedia says it's naringin and bergamottin in the grapefruit which inhibit production of the CYP3A4 enzyme. This is the enzyme that metabolizes codeine, tramadol, methadone (probably among other opiates/oids.)

Interestingly enough, CYP3A4 also breaks down DXM and various Benzos. Experimentation, anyone?

Moonmixer said:
Interestingly enough, CYP3A4 also breaks down DXM and various Benzos. Experimentation, anyone?

Both commonly mixed with opiates, once again do a search haha :)

What I was actually suggesting was to mix G-fruit juice with DXM and/or benzos; not dxm and/or benzos with opiates. (if CYP3A4 breaks down DXM/Benzos, drinking grapefruit juice would possibly potentiate those drugs.) Sorry if I wasn't specific.

I know that's not the focus of this forum, but it seemed to naturally flow into these other substances.

And so the question remains, has anyone experimented with grapefruit juice and DXM/Benzos?

Moonmixer said:
And so the question remains, has anyone experimented with grapefruit juice and DXM/Benzos?

Yep that also, grapefruit juice has been recommended for most drugs, even ones it doesn't have any effect on.

Status
Not open for further replies.