• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^AFIK, the lemon juice is not to potentiate, but because it contains citric acid, which aids in extracting the morphine base (and the other alkaloids). This is my understanding, I've never consumed pods.

Ruski Nath said:
AFIK, lemon juice potentiates poppy pod tea. Don't ask me how though.

The lemon juice trick has been discredited. The original theory was that you could help extract the morphine from the pod powder using an acid. It turns out that you want to use a base instead such as calcium hydroxide. With a strong base I understand you can turn the morphine into calcium morphenate which is more water soluble.
This all has to do with extraction of morphine, not opiate potentiation. A potentiator is something you take in addition with an opiate that prolongs the effect or makes you peak harder.

Phy said:
I'm gonna take 100mg and we'll see...
OMG I was so STONED. I passed out after one hour.
I guess 50mg will be more reasonable for next time.

what about mixing say codeine with dihydrocodeine: with soma, catapres, benzos and tramadol.. even add some bupe in there and forget the crappy catapres

^Hell no dude, don't mix all those pills like that. Besides being bad for your vital organs (esp. liver), doing that can cause seizures. After you get one seizure, you are now way more likely to have more. Also, you could choke on your puke. Mixing pills probably won't kill you right away, especially if in moderation, but its just plain bad for you. Tramadol + another opiate/opiod + alcohol will give you a seizure in a heartbeat, happened to my buddy. Scary stuff, man.

Soma and benzos could lead to passing out, hope you don't have respiratory problems like sleep apnea, you could stop breathing. Or (once again) choke on your throw-up.

I mean you probly aint gonna listen to some dude over the internet anyways. I am a nursing student, though, and I speak the truth. Do a search right here on BL, like "bad pill combinations," and you can find some damn good info.

Grapefruit juice is definately a great natural potentiator of opiates. That's why they put that big yellow label on some painkiller bottles "DO NOT DRINK GRAPEFRUIT JUICE OR EAT GRAPEFRUIT WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION." Heh the government is basically telling you how to get more fucked up :)

^ They also put that sticker on my benzodiazepine prescriptions ;)

tadfish said:
what about mixing say codeine with dihydrocodeine: with soma, catapres, benzos and tramadol.. even add some bupe in there and forget the crappy catapres

^ You do realize you can't mix those codeine/dihydrocodeine with bupe, right?
Tramadol is an odd exception, that may be hit or miss, but 99% of opioids cannot be mixed with bupe - they will result in either sickness or blockage of effects, depending on the order they are taken.

spaceyourbass said:
Grapefruit juice is definately a great natural potentiator of opiates. That's why they put that big yellow label on some painkiller bottles "DO NOT DRINK GRAPEFRUIT JUICE OR EAT GRAPEFRUIT WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION." Heh the government is basically telling you how to get more fucked up :)

I have only seen that on diazepam bottles, maybe different pharmacies use different warnings, etc....?

ChemicalSmile said:
I have only seen that on diazepam bottles, maybe different pharmacies use different warnings, etc....?

Yea. Only certain pharmacists will put the grapefruit labels on, most don't.

I learned in my Nutrition in Nursing class that grapefruit is "bad" to mix with opiates and valium, because it intensifies effects. It's definately a fact that grapefruit potentiates opiates.

I thoroughly believe paracetamol or acetaminophen (apap, tylenol) increases anelgesia with all opiates across the board except with methadone. ive had terrible experiences with about 40mg methadone and 2500mg apap but with all other opiates even the synthetics like fentanyl and other piperidine derivatives. this is just my opinion, and since harm reduction is a major goal of these forums i think it is fine that it is left out but for the sake of discussion does anyone agree with me?

I have opana (oxymorphone) I see alot of posts stating white grape juice to use for potentiation . Anyone know which is better white grape juice or fresh squeezed grapefruit juice?

spaceyourbass said:
Yea. Only certain pharmacists will put the grapefruit labels on, most don't.

I learned in my Nutrition in Nursing class that grapefruit is "bad" to mix with opiates and valium, because it intensifies effects. It's definately a fact that grapefruit potentiates opiates.
I've never seen any warning labels here in Australia. And I've seen my fair share of benzo and opiate prescriptions as well.

Maybe in other states they do, but not in Victoria. I think they're trying to hide something from us.:D

I nearly OD ER style off to sub subutex snorted the other day cause i extracted it with some enthanol and stuff but i was like snort thr chalk line first the i mixing all three bags 8mg each together and snort only prob i had tyrosine, benadryl, serval different anti histamines and some other stuff
my heart beat went from realy low,like 60 per min and very low blood pressure and i thnk cause i used to morphine and H that it would come on quick but it all hit whe too much was still to reach peak. (this was first time having Subutex..bupe&naltrexone. then lucky i had some inhaled with serval high potency uppers like ephadrine bases and methacathonines and meth dex all it together it one spray my heart rate went up to like highest heart beat ever!!!: 255pulse/min how crazy that. it went from mmhg dia mmHg 89/51 with pulse of 59 to sec later after spray of uppers and amyl to 155/101 at 254pulse/min, one stage of night it was 172/85 pulse of 58/min
is that bad
what average heart beats and blood pressure, mixing subutex is bad bewear seisures and shit
care potentating things like with strong like things eg. Catapres cause it lowers heart and blood pressure

oh coarse there is warning labels are u blind..... or never got any good scripted drugs Komplez! check ya self and respect ya self... its moe than i do

Hydroxyzine or to potentiate Hydrocodone?

Sorry for typo on title.

I was wondering what some of you guys think is a better potenator for Hydrocodene
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Hydroxyzine?

I have been using some really old benadryls with my sessions and never noticed any thing really, (never gone past 50mg though) so i think there potency might be bad and i have never used Hydroxyzine.
So I'm either going to go buy some fresh benadryl or try out these Hydroxzines.

Ive read a lot about Hydroxyzine and despite being in the tantalizing prescription bottle it doesn't seem to be anything to special and i certainly haven't come across anything that said it was any better than good old benadryl.

I'm worried about falling asleep or getting to drowsy to enjoy myself mainly (watching tv, smoking a cig, etc).

I also Drink alcohol with my sessions and have a relatively low Hydrocodene tolerence around 20-25mg.

Anyone that has some more experience experimenting with this two antihistamine id really appreciate there advice, and if so what doses do you recommend for both? Any other advice that comes to mind please share.
Thanks blue.

Last edited:
Potentiation is highly overated for low levels of opiates.

You're right, it doesn't do anything that special. But yeah, its safe go for it. Maybe more relaxing than benadryl too. I've foound that when I take something like phenergan, or even benadryl it knocks me the fuck out but the vicodden kind of wakes me up. Thats a pleasant feeling. No reason to do more than recommended dosage though.

your hydrocodone has tylenol in it so don't drink with it on a regualr basis. You probably already know that but its true.

Vistaril is a very good medication has more of a sedative effect the benedrayl i believe so if i were you i would start low about 25mg the first time no effect then try 50mg and so on and so on no toxicity that i know of from vistaril.....

Status
Not open for further replies.