• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm hypothetically going to have access to some oxymorphone in a few days, and I looked through the thread and there wasn't much on it, potentiation wise. What would work? Additionally, I can easily get Neurontin, will that help? And would Neurontin help for opium, as well?

edit: Thanks for the help.

khemikal said:
which products(exact name) contain diphen in Australia? would i need a prescription?
thanks..

Dramamine contains dimenhydrinate which gets metabolised into diphenhydramine. It's an OTC travel sickness medication.

So am I to understand that no one in the forum is experienced with potentiating oxymorphone?

Thanks, and grapefruit juice will extend the high, or is that just the codeine based opiates?

I don't think that grapefruit juice would have a noticeable effect on Oxymorphone. I'm pretty sure it's just as potent as its metabolites.

khemikal said:
but if cheese is just h mixed with diph then shouldn't it work the same way if i was to put a little crushed powder with each burn? and smoke it the same time..just curious

dude you dont wanna smoke diphen. if u take enough it becomes a dissasociative and you wont be feelin right in the head, i dont know how much youl ned to smoke to regret it, but personally i barely like the high i get from one capsule of the stuff. jus 2 about 30 minutes before you ingest your opiate that way, once your opiate starts hitting you, youll feel the diphen at the same time.

maybe its jus me but diphen seems to take an excpetionall long time to really start hitting you.

dont smoke it.

Anybody using reglan as an agonist for hydrocodone/ other pill form opiates?

I take reglan 45min before I drop a bunch of vic, it has prokinetic intestinal activities so I can still shit the next day!
Its listed as a narcotic dopamine/ agonist, but I don't know if I get any higher from it.

Anybody inject pills subcutaneously, not IM OR IV, But into the fat? Is that popping?

BTW: opiates are not affected by grapefruit, i.e. enzyme cyp3A4, it prevents the breakdown of benzodiazepenes. Opiates are not broken down with that enzyme.

Actually, Opiates are broken down by both CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. The more active metabolites are created via CYP2D6 action. That's why it does affect Opiates. When CYP3A4 is inhibited, a larger quantity of the parent drug will be metabolized into the more active metabolites by CYP2D6.

GenericMind-

So ur saying: grapefruit>block CYP3A4>leads to more CYP2D6> more of the good stuff.

Thanks for the info.
From my experience, I'm sporting a pretty solid vic habit, grapefruit juice hasn't done shiznit. I potentiate with The PPI's, simultaneous acid reducers, throw in a benadryl for possible itches, and reglan for the bowels. Probably a kidney stopper. Works though.

Theoretically anyway. CYP3A4 is responsible for the N -demethylation process that produces the less active metabolites(Norcodeine from Codeine, Norhydrocodone from Hydrocodone, Noroxycodone from Oxycodone, etc.) while CYP2D6 is responsible for the O -demethylation, which creates the much more active metabolites(Morphine from Codeine, Hydromorphone from Hydrocodone, and Oxymorphone from Oxycodone).

As to how well it actually works, though, I don't think anyone can say for sure. I've never personally noticed a big difference between taking Opioids with grapefruit juice and without. I'd imagine the difference would be much more apparent to someone who's never taken Opiates before.

Well, if the goal is to potentiate the Opiates we'd be looking to increase the functions of CYP2S6 rather than block them. Substances like Tagamet(Cimetidine) do this.

Yeah, I went to work after my post, and I was like Damn! Got it wrong.

Let me rephrase: How do we potentiate, ramp that mother up? A:Tagamet

I love tag. Provides a more Alkaline environment for my friends, and now it potentiates CYP2S6.
I will say this though, if I take my full arsenal of adjuncts, with my usual dosage of pills- on the second day of binge I am much more inclined for EXTREME nausea (nystigmus, vomitting) and not as much of a buzz. Despite reglan.
2nd days actually aren't usually that good so why bother?

Does anyone have any opinions on whats better to take first if you're combining xanax with oxy?

Should I wait until about 20 min after I take the oxy to take the xanax or vice versa? Or should I take them at the same time?

To me, benzos need a little while to absorb, usually the opiates work in about 15 min, orally.

Thats just my opinion, though.

For hydrocodone potentiation, how long before/after downing the drug would I take the grape fruit juice and/or Benadryl.

I'd appreciate some help on this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.