• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
master_obvious.jpg

yellodolphin said:
So what are the potenators for Morphine???
did you happen to read the last NINE pages? sorry to get upset, but read back a few, you'll see what your looking for.

peace

Interesting thread.

I just took 60mg of dxm, a cup of grapefuit juice and 400mg of codiene. My codiene tolerance is fairly high right now (400mg is my standard dose, which gives me a good 2 hour buzz with no itch), so hopefully this inhibits tolerance further, or atleast enhances the experience.

BTW How does Cat's Claw work on Methadone? What is it origianlly meant for? How much does it potentate it...to the extent of grapefruit juice and other things like tagament? Here's what I know:

Tagament (Cimetidine) is reported to potentate all narcotics. However you DO need a prescription.

In hospital and/or critical situations where patients are given narcotics for too long and too much in dosage, and the effects stop working as good, a small dose of Clonidine is given. However this too requires prescription.

What DOES NOT POTENTATE SOME NARCOTICS ARE:

Phenobarbiatal lessens the effects of Methadone from what I've heard.
As well I remember that DXM lowers the effects of Codeine.

ombladon said:
BTW How does Cat's Claw work on Methadone? What is it origianlly meant for? How much does it potentate it...to the extent of grapefruit juice and other things like tagament?

I don't know how Cat's Claw works with methadone, but I do know it is traditionally used for reducing joint inflammation; it doesn't have any recreational value on it's own imo.

This thread needed bumping anyhow.

Just took 75 mg DXM along with my usual Diphenhydramine 30 minutes before snorting my usual dose of H. The DXM seemed to help a lot. I have used DXM to potentiate oxycodone in the past with good results, this is the first time I have done it with heroin and think I will continue to do so. Anyone else found DXM to work well with H?

Yeah i was just wonderin, assuming grapefruit juice does work....what amount of grapefruit juice should you take to enhance the effects of codeine?

thanks

What amount of diphenhydramine would you need to potentiate oxycodone? The normal dose of 50mg or higher?

Tagamet is OTC and does NOT require a prescription.

ombladon said:
BTW How does Cat's Claw work on Methadone? What is it origianlly meant for? How much does it potentate it...to the extent of grapefruit juice and other things like tagament? Here's what I know:

Tagament (Cimetidine) is reported to potentate all narcotics. However you DO need a prescription.

In hospital and/or critical situations where patients are given narcotics for too long and too much in dosage, and the effects stop working as good, a small dose of Clonidine is given. However this too requires prescription.

What DOES NOT POTENTATE SOME NARCOTICS ARE:

Phenobarbiatal lessens the effects of Methadone from what I've heard.
As well I remember that DXM lowers the effects of Codeine.

Kenny7822 said:
What amount of diphenhydramine would you need to potentiate oxycodone? The normal dose of 50mg or higher?

Diphenhydramine doesn't potentiate. What you feel when you take it alongside other opiates is synergism. Same as when taking other depressants(benzo's, barbs, alcohol) with opiates.

jasoncrest said:
Is Proglumide the only CCK inhibitor available?

Afloxan (proglumetacin) is metabolized into proglumide. Maybe that's easier to get your hands on?

Clear all this up

Ok, so let me get all this straight since a friend of mine just came upon a bit of the ol hydromorphone.

-Diphenhydramine will not potentiate, rather it synergizes.
-Tagamet will potentiate.
-White grapefruit juice will potentiate.

Now, as I obviously want to see my friend get the most out of his recently acquire goods, what combination of these three will be most effective at turning a small dose into a head f*ck, while remaining relatively safe?

here's some of the stuff i know about from personal experience...

1. i usually only mess with H, oxy or morphine and the best potentiator i've used so far is some good ol maryjane. (as far as increasing sedation and euphoria across the board)

2. any ethanolamine antihistamine will add to the sedation caused by opies, some more than others. diphenhydramine (benadryl) is the best.

3. i know for a fact cyclobenzaprine works good with oxy... i have a pretty high tolerance and was able to induce a powerful nod with double vision with 15mg flexeril and six 10/325 percs when it usually takes me 100mg oxy to get just a decent buzz.

4. benzos and alcohol seem to overshadow the opiate buzz. i recommend against these. *edit* i've since read that this "overshadowing" is most common in people not already used to/tolerant to these substances.

5. oxy after the peak of a good 2nd plateau dxm trip is heavenly imo.

6. a few shots of "nyquil cough" (doxylamine + dxm) does magical things when taken about 30-60min before a good hydrocodone dose. hint: exhilaration!!!

7. some people may not like it, but caffeine + oxy mixed together in the right amounts gave me a highly energetic, highly euphoric buzz. the oxy killed the nervous jittery aspect of the caffeine while still allowing a good boost in energy, and the caffeine killed the "out of it/don't talk to me/noddy effect" of the oxy. and it seemed that the overall euphoria was increased beyond what i would've felt from the oxy alone. it was good for getting f'd up and happy while still allowing me to be social and able to drive like a pro =)

(no, I DO NOT recommend driving under the influence, i'm confident in my own skills)

8. one time i went to an e.r. for withdrawals. they gave me clonidine. it helped a VERY TINY bit as far as helping me cope with the withdrawals. but once i got some more pills (morphs) I just had to see if it would work well with them. i ended up getting one of the most powerful nods i'd ever experienced. another friend i gave a few to said they screwed his vision just taking them alone. i'd say it works pretty nice but be careful with it. i'm kinda scared of the sh*t to be honest... it's a blood pressure med. it stops the production of norepinephrine and can be one hell of a sedative in doses as small as a fraction of a milligram.

9. i've also had pretty good results with ambien + morphine... although it wasn't a synergy type of effect... i could feel both drugs working independently but somehow it felt like the two drugs complimented each other pretty nicely.

10. that's about it... the only other thing i can think of is DON'T SMOKE YOUR OPIE, even if it's H. smoking is a *very* wasteful practice. those of you that smoke pills and claim to get high obviously don't understand that hcl's and other salts don't vaporize efficiently enough to get you high. most of your drug gets destroyed when you smoke your pills... and that high you experience is the result of burnt chemical fillers, wax, and broken down drug releasing strange (and probably harmful) chemicals that simply make you lightheaded cuz they're poisonous!

*edit* this is my first post & i now realize a lot of this shits already been covered. sorry bout that, just wanted to put in my 2 cents. also, i have just come up with a very accurate formula for converting sublingual buprenorphine to equivalent oral morphine or oral oxycodone doses (after alot of fukn reading). is there somewhere specific i should put it? 'til i find out, hit me up if you want it. =)

Last edited:
A New Method?

Ok, I've read every post in this thread and haven't seen any mention of this.

If the definition of "potentiate" is to increase the effect of the opiate/opiod and not necessarily the duration then consider the following:

MULTIPLE ROUTES OF ADMINISTRATION

I think we can agree that getting the most drug into your system in the shortest time possible will increase the perceived rush/high.

Of course nothing beats IV, but here's what I do with my 4mg. Dilaudid tablets when I don't feel like shooting (more and more these days):

- crush and eat one or two
- crush and dissolve one in warm water and take it rectally
- crush and snort one
- crush one and take it sublingually

This doesn't necessarily shorten the onset time but does allow more of the drug to enter the system within a given time. If I only ate them, I would need 7-8 tabs to get the same effect. That's almost a 50% reduction! Best of all, it requires nothing but your drug of choice.

Now, thanks to the good folks here, I'm experimenting with phenergan and grapefruit juice to extend the duration of the effects.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: If you are not well experienced and/or don't have a decent tolerance, please start off small and work your way up.

DilaudidKid

I'd like to add the little know fact that Saint Johns Wort Potenates Suboxone quite abit. I have used it numerous times and it has resulted in me getting euphoric and high off my daily maintence dose that hasent done anything to me for months. Also Clonidine has greatly increased the effects of Suboxone as well resulting in a high and near nod off a normal dose.

MrCream said:
haha ive never really seen anyone that needs to potentiate fent.

well as someone who has had a fentanyl addiction in the past, i can tell you that i would have been interested in potentiation bc of fentanyl's extremely (annoyingly) short duration and also to make my supply last longer.

i would literally need to dose once an hour if i wanted to stay high.

edit: this was a year ago, and i still crave fentanyl.

i-key-key said:
(no, I DO NOT recommend driving under the influence, i'm confident in my own skills)

Yeah, "confident in your own skills" like every fucking person driving high on drugs, until they crash they car and injur/kill innocent people you fucktard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.