• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

hash tincture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColtEtish

Bluelighter
Hash tincture is one of my favorite things...I've only had it a couple times but both times I took about 5 drops under the tounge and let it sit there for a few minutes before swallowing and I had a great high. I think the hash oil that was used in the tincture was made from a sativa dominant strain, since my high was very heady and I was laughing and energetic.

Anyone else ever tried it? It's great for carrying around since you can just carry a little visine bottle in your pocket. Perfect for when you're on the go and you don't want to smell like smoke or have bloodshot eyes, just put a few drops in and you're feeling it in 10 minutes or so :)

Interesting. Next time my friends have a batch of honey oil I'll have to get them to try making some. You just take pure ethyl alchohol and dissolve some hash or oil in it? Sounds sort of like extra-strong green dragon, without the unneeded crap in it.

Hash Oil Tincture.

There are several forms of Green Dragon.
(1) What is the alcohol in the liquid? My favorite is Peach Schnapps. But others include Everclear, Vodka, Bourbon (or whatever your favorite taste is).

(2) What is the THC source? The easiest one is Hash Oil. Squeeze a few drops into some alcohol, and you have Instant Tincture. Kief is also good to use (pour it in, and you're ready to go). Pot flowertops (and stems) need a two-part process: (a) soak the Pot; then (b) strain-out the plant matter.

The Cannabis Buyers Clubs (Med Pot sellers, in California) usually make their Tincture with "Shake" from the buds (or, leaves, which have a little bit of THC in them).

you can make a pretty good tincture with 3.5-14 grams of bud.....

1)Use a grinder to grind up your bud
2)Empty contents in alcohol
3)Dont touch it for a month or longer
-some people say they shake theirs once a day but you dont have too
4)After a long time has passed (a month or more) strain the herb out the alcohol
This Step IS NOT Neccissary
5)Put contents in a dish of somesort and leave uncovered for few days letting it evaporate down into a much more concentrated liquid.

Soak in Alcohol for a few hours.

I did a test once. I soaked the Flowertops in Baccardi 151 Rum for 6 hours (shaking it a couple times along the way). I strained the Rum out. Then I left it out to dry.

Then I put the 20 Grams of Flowertops back in new Rum. I let it sit for 2 weeks. When I strained-out this batch, I dried it out too.

Comparing the 2 Hash Oil "piles," I could plainly see that over 90% of the THC and Cannabinoids were removed in the first batch.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with letting the Pot soak away, but after a short time, there's not much left to get out.

Alcohol isn't as selective as butane or acetone so it tends to extract plant fats, waxes, and chlorophyll along with THC. From what I understand, a THC extraction done with > 90% alcohol doesn't need to sit for more than several hours.

no sourcing, and jesus christ what a bump from the grave

closed, addressed now in our megas

Status
Not open for further replies.