• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking pot and passing out

cati_vegan

Bluelighter
hey folks! *waves*

I'm kind of worried about a situation that has ocurred a few times. Over the past 1 year and half I've been smoking pot and passed out like 4 or 5 times bc of it. It may not sound like a lot, but no one I know has the same problem. Just yesterday, I was smoking and it wasn't hitting me at all until like 5 min later the high came all at once, I forgot who I was and 30 seconds later woke up on the floor, with a friend of mine all scared trying to lift me up. Now, this may have been my first acid flashback. But other than being stronger it felt the same as the other times (prior to trying acid). A sudden blackout that lasts less than a minute. Can anyone explain me why this happens? And, if possible, how to prevent it? I have fairly low blood pressure (90/60), could be from that.

Thanks a lot, you guys are seriously the best and nicest ever! *HUGS*

hello, although i don't have any real experience with your problem, i find that smoking too much pot really knocks me out so perhaps you have to take it easier

If you know you're prone to passing out while smoking marijuana, maybe you should lessen your intake or smoke in a place where you would be safe if you did happen to pass out.

Click me for more info.

How is your blood sugar? Did you take anything other than smoking weed?

How did you feel when you "came to?" Nauseated? Fine? Like nothing happened? Disoriented?

1. you may be smoking an overkill amount.
2. are you sitting down while smoking?
3. are you smoking on an empty stomach?

i'm no pot doctor, but these might have something to do with it.

i know that when i smoke, i like to go walk around a bit, then come back and listen to music, instead of just being stationary the entire time.

maybe try listening to some upbeat music while smoking, i know that for me at least, it helps me feel more awake after a few hits. maybe some talking heads?

hey! I deeply appreciate all your replies. It means a lot. Most of you had some questions so I'm going to reply them all here:

I only smoked 1 joint, with a friend. Which means half a joint for me. I'm sure it wasn't the quantity because I can smoke 3 joints in a row and still feel fine.

Last time I measured my blood sugar it was within normal range but on the lower end. And yes, I had an empty stomach. Could be from that huh?

I was sitting down while smoking and only got up after the whole incident was over. Right after waking up I felt just fine, high as usual, but kind of weak, I couldn't stand up immeadiatly, had to wait a few minutes.

Thanks again for the help. Have a nice day!!! :D

This has happened to me a few times too, and I still don't know why.
I am a daily smoker, and two times, I have fell on the floor and blacked out for about 30 seconds then woke up , a little weak but fine.
Both times I was in crowded places, don't know if that had anything to do with it. One time I was at a festival with tons of people and the police came and called an ambulance! It was so embarrasing, but they told me it could have been from dehydration.
Very weird.

I never passed out from smoking pot but I have on several occasions became very nausiated with the world is spinning effect when i close my eyes. I usually then have to fall asleep and wake up later on to feel better because i can't stand it. I don't know why this happens could it be something to do with smoking schwagg? I don't smoke very much high quality bud, so could this mean im smoking less thc and more CBD & CBG? Could that be why i get sick... by oversmoking schwagg since you have to smoke so much more to get high?

I've had this happen to me quite a few times, although I've only ever actually passed out from it when I've also had a lot of alcohol and usually a downer as well. Once you feel that rushing and dizziness coming the best things to do is take deep breaths, eat something light and drink something with some sugar in it like juice, and sit down as soon as possible.

imo this is caused by low blood sugar, something that I have and is made much worse when I'm high.

I think weed lowers your blood pressure even further..
I sort of passed out once, I was still coherent but I couldn't see anything. Low blood pressure also

The problem is most likely (99%) hypoxia. This is where you just don't get enough oxygen. It's the ONE way cannabis could POSSIBLY cause brain damage. The solution is to either take smaller hits, breathe in plenty of air after taking a hit but before holding it in, don't hold it in as long, and/or breathe plenty of air between hits. I get light-headed sometimes when I smoke. I just take a few deep breaths and I'm fine.

Question

Do you do any other drugs? I remember back in the day when i ate beans, i would stand up and fall down and pass out and come back and be cool (not when on it day's after, even weeks)

The lack of Oxygen Plutonium boss would definately be the cause to this, being if you dabble with other shit, well you know what im sayin

Stand slow, walk around, go outside for a while, do sumptin dont watch tv, if you fall asleep easy.

Im stoned, sorry if this shit is hard to real, i really dont feel like editing this

Cannabis is known to cause lightheadness or even fainting in cases of low blood pressure (which is your case) I live with a friend that had the same problem. It isn't something to worry about but it definitely is no fun when happens. Try drinking some coffee (with considerable amount of sugar) or coke or eating some chocolate before you smoke next time. My advice is also make just a few hits (or don't smoke at all) if you feel your blood pressure is low.
GL

i think eating chocolate before smoking could really help, especially since it seems like you're prone to low blood sugar

I just remembered this happened to me once. I was feeling just mildly stoned when suddenly, on a crowded train, it hit me all at once and I pretty much passed out standing up for a few seconds. I couldn't even see for a while, and when faces began to coalesce out of the static again I was being lowered into a seat.

Fuck that was embarassing.

I attributed it to general tiredness, lack of food, and not having smoked for a while. Hasn't happened since, thankfully.

This is obviously a really dead thread, but I thought I should put my two cents in. This happened to me after smoking probably four or five bowls. I'm a normal smoker so it wasn't that big of a deal. It was around 5pm and I had still not eaten all day, so it's most likely from having an empty stomach. I was making a sandwich (ironic) and started feeling really faint and light headed, so I told my friend. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground in my friends arms and two of my other friends were staring up at me. I ate my sandwich and laid down for about 20 minutes and was almost perfectly fine after that. I still felt a little weak all day but eating definitely helped.

If ever you feel like you're going to pass out again, sit down and cross your legs then squeeze as hard as you can. I have a condition where I tend to faint a lot, they put me on medicine for it, but then again I faint even if I'm not smoking. Also, make sure you are properly hydrated at all times. If you faint, make sure you get some juice or something in you. It'll make you feel better. Also, if you are with someone and you pass out, they should lay you on the ground or keep you on the ground, it lets the blood that has probably pooled in your legs get back to your brain.

The only thing I can think of is Low BP. Other than that, I've never heard of that happening to anyone.

this has happened to me to, actually today it did.
i was sitting down while smoking, i got up to get some water and i noticed my hearing was off. i eventually sat down and passed out for 30 seconds and was to weak to walk around for a few minutes. i usually sweat alot afterwards and the rest of my day is spent all burnt out and lazy. My suggestion is just drink water, eat some snacks to help keep a constant blood pressure, and take it lightly with smoking.

i am hypoglycemic myself. so i have a problem with my blood pressure as well. when it happens just tell your friends to go get you some food and water, trust me it helps ALOT.

shit sucks though.