Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: SA introduces first drink spiking offence - The Age - April 24th 06

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
SA introduces first drink spiking offence
April 24, 2006 - 8:56AM

South Australia will become the first state to introduce a specific offence of drink spiking, which will carry a maximum penalty of two years in jail.

Premier Mike Rann said drink spiking was an abhorrent crime as well as a particularly stupid and nasty act.

The new offence will apply to anyone who, without permission, adds to another person's drink any drug, poison or traditional aphrodisiac which is likely to impair the consciousness or bodily function of the victim.

It will not be necessary for the victim to actually consume the drink or to be affected by the substance.

"In other words, it will be against the law to put any such substance into someone's drink without them knowing," Mr Rann said.

"Those malicious or stupid enough to even think about spiking another person's drink should also be aware that even greater penalties apply where death or serious harm occurs to the victim.

"Slipping a drug into someone's drink without them knowing could actually kill them if they have a pre-existing medical condition that makes them vulnerable to unprescribed and illicit drugs."

The government hopes to introduce legislation to provide for the drink spiking offence during the next session of state parliament which starts on Thursday.

From The Age Online

If your stupid and low enough to do it you should be locked up.

how about just taken to the desert, flogged, tied up and left to rot..?

sydkiwi said:
how about just taken to the desert, flogged, tied up and left to rot..?

I totally agree. There is nothing lower than drugging someone and having your way when you know they can do absolutely nothing about it cause they are so whacked out. :X

taken up the bush somewhere some place where seeing a car would be the days hilight then tied to a tree and left

i no a taxi driver that had this guy try and do a runner on him, so he drove them out past sale where only cow's and sheep could be scean. not evan a farm house in sight and let him out

So this sort of thing isn't covered by any other criminal law? How is it going to be policed? Some drugs can't be detected by the time the victim gets to a hospital. Security cameras might have a blind spot where it happened. Also what do they do about drink-spiking using alcohol?

It's a good idea in principle but it one of those things that's going to be hard to enforce.

I don't know if the word off the street is correct but has anyone heard of laceing smokes? I heard a second hand story of a chick getting a smoke of a stranger that was laced with something like K. Her friends looked after her though.

Does stuff like that happen?

i have never heard of it at all like , how ever i met a guy up in fulham who was in on rape ghb was used 2 years he got. but u would have to be the lowest dog magget rat just pure filth to do it. evan the low down dogs that see young girls out on the town and offer them g then get what they want outa it i think alot of these drink spicking things are made public cause thats what a parent was told by there kid who ended up in hospital and the parent wants sombody charged or it made public im not sure if this is true but.........its werid

SA introduces first drink spiking offence
April 24, 2006 - 8:56AM

South Australia will become the first state to introduce a specific offence of drink spiking, which will carry a maximum penalty of two years in jail.

Premier Mike Rann said drink spiking was an abhorrent crime as well as a particularly stupid and nasty act.

The new offence will apply to anyone who, without permission, adds to another person's drink any drug, poison or traditional aphrodisiac which is likely to impair the consciousness or bodily function of the victim.

It will not be necessary for the victim to actually consume the drink or to be affected by the substance.

"In other words, it will be against the law to put any such substance into someone's drink without them knowing," Mr Rann said.

"Those malicious or stupid enough to even think about spiking another person's drink should also be aware that even greater penalties apply where death or serious harm occurs to the victim.

"Slipping a drug into someone's drink without them knowing could actually kill them if they have a pre-existing medical condition that makes them vulnerable to unprescribed and illicit drugs."

The government hopes to introduce legislation to provide for the drink spiking offence during the next session of state parliament which starts on Thursday.

From The Age Online
What's to stop someone putting it in food though? I know of people being given chocolates with liquid lsd dripped into it. (This was by a friend of the person however, because the spiker wanted someone to trip with but the spikee was too scared to try acid)

Also what do they do about drink-spiking using alcohol?
The law referes to putting any substance in their drink, therefore alcohol would be illegal - if you could prove it.

I don't know if the word off the street is correct but has anyone heard of laceing smokes? I heard a second hand story of a chick getting a smoke of a stranger that was laced with something like K. Her friends looked after her though.
Not sure about ketamine, but I my friends sometime put amyl (poppers) on their own cigarettes, so I guess they could do it to others too. You would need a drug that was effective when vapourized or burnt, and if it was vapourized it would need to vapourize at barely above room temperature (like 40 or 50 degrees) as it would need to be vapourized before any of the burning part of the cigarette would touch it. I am pretty sure this would rule out most drugs.

i think alot of these drink spicking things are made public cause thats what a parent was told by there kid who ended up in hospital and the parent wants sombody charged or it made public im not sure if this is true but.........its werid

I agree, many cases of 'drink spiking' are just that someone gets too drunk and regrets their actions - therefore they claim their drink was spiked so that they are not held responsible for their actions. However there are plenty of genuine cases too. A friend of mine (male) once took acid at a party, had a very bad trip and was taken to hospital, they told his parents and the doctors that it was a drink spiking so that he didn't get in trouble for it.