Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth solubility Vs the water pipe

smokin' joe

Bluelighter
I've been using a water filled pipe recently to smoke some meth-amphetamine. I enjoy the cooling of the smoke as well as the bubbling feeling you get from it. My friend reckons that because meth is highly soluble you are losing a heap of the drug in the water. I figured you could just consume this water or evaporate it later.

I am however doubtful as to whether the drug does dissolve when it's in it's "smoke" state. My understanding was the smoking meth freed the molecule from it's salt (HCl) base thus redering it insoluble, but then again I have no freakin' idea. I thought I'd post the question up here for all you smart people to answer (P_D).

??????????????????????

From memory (from another thread), the water DOES absorb some meth, but you can either drink it or evaporate it, like you said.

yeah i have heard stories of people drinking the water and getting high

you cant pay me enough money to drink crack-bong water

Almost of the smoke that is not decomposition* products is the sublimated hydrochloride salt.

Some will be absorbed by the bong/water. This will be affected by the surface area of the bubbles - so stem size, as well as the amount of time the bubbles remain in contact with the water, the inner surface type and temperature of the pipe, and to a degree, the temperature of the water.

*decomposed products may be pyrolysis products of meth, impurities in the meth, or products from the reactions of meth with those impurities.

I have a mate who smokes his Ice through a bong, he always saves his water for when he is low on funds (not very often considering he is a crack dealer :p), he seems to get off on it pretty well.

i once used one with water just for a change to tell you the truth i thought it made the gear last longer but after a while i ditched the water and just used it as a waterless bong then would scratch the left over off the sides of the bong and rail it. i got this new pipe i will post a pic of it soon its a really thick glass and works well.

heh, one night a few friends and i did a Q of powdered meth pooh (you know the crap often referred to as 'smokeable speed' - a.k.a meth cut with caff or msm).

The next day the water had become a strange red colour - and it seemed to be thickening. We left it in the dark cupboard in our kitchen, checked on it that night, and a huge wh ite crystal had formed. and most of the water was gone.

We let it dry, then our friends sucessfully smoked it. Strange enough - im assuming we got about 0.3-.0.5g rock out of it.

I've seen the result from evaporating the water from a well used meth bong and was amazed how much powder was salvaged and then resmoked with positive results, I would never do it myself though. I would assume that although the meth is soluable thats not the only thing your collecting at the end though.

i got a thick glass pipe, i dont bother scraping it off i just try to heat up the encrusted area slowly and it turns to vapor which works for me. are the water pipes effective for any valid point?

^Yeah, in my experience you don't get those nasty sores and cuts on your tongue and lips. I think it's also a *ritual* thing.