• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Largest Crystal Methamphetamine Laboratory ever found in Australia.

Fred

Bluelighter
Hey, I heard this on the radio so I thought some of you would find it interesting.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0 said:
April 07, 2006

A SYDNEY man has been refused bail after police busted what they believe may be the largest crystal methamphetamine laboratory ever found in Australia.
Vance Nastoski, 41, of Mortdale, faced Sydney's Central Local Court today after police reported finding the drug factory in a secret underground room at a property near Murwillumbah, in northern New South Wales.

Australian Federal Police (AFP) officers said they arrested Nastoski in Mortdale, in Sydney's south-west, while six other men were nabbed at properties in Eungella and Lennox Head, in northern NSW, and at Brisbane Airport.

Outside court, the AFP alleged the seven were members of a drug gang that manufactured large quantities of crystal methamphetamine, commonly known as ice.

AFP national manager border and international network, federal agent Mike Phelan, said the laboratory may turn out to be the biggest ever uncovered in Australia.

He revealed nothing more of the operation, other than to allege the arrests had disrupted a major NSW crime syndicate.

Advertisement:
He said the AFP had used new anti-drug laws which target the illegal importation of substances used in the manufacture of commercial quantities of illegal drugs.

"These laws enable the AFP to continue leading Australia's fight to stop the flow of large amounts of precursors which produce significant amounts of drugs," he said in a statement.

Four men, aged 30, 32, 60 and 62, were to appear in Tweed Heads Magistrates Court today after their arrests at Eungella and Lennox Head.

Two others, aged 23 and 35, were to face Brisbane Magistrates Court today after being arrested at Brisbane Airport yesterday.

All have been charged under commonwealth law with conspiracy to manufacture commercial quantities of controlled drugs, and conspiracy to pre-traffic commercial quantities of controlled precursors.

Magistrate Allan Moore remanded Mr Nastoski in custody to reappear in the same court on June 14.

Ice 'super lab' busted
By Amanda Hodge
April 08, 2006

A SUPER laboratory for "ice", able to produce up to 500kg of the dangerous drug a week, has been discovered in northern NSW in the nation's biggest methamphetamine lab bust.

AFP and Clandestine Drug Lab officers raided an isolated property near Murwillumbah late on Thursday, uncovering a series of buildings and a secret underground room containing laboratory equipment and precursor drugs such as pseudoephedrine and hydrogen chloride.

AFP's national border and international network manager Mike Phelan said police had traced the drug lab from information received through their overseas network, which alerted them to the sale and importation of a large volume of the precursor drugs used to make ice.

Seven men in Brisbane and NSW have been arrested in relation to the drug syndicate, believed to have links to southeast Asian drug cartels, and charged with conspiracy to produce commercial quantities of amphetamine and the use of precursor drugs.

The arrests were made under new national laws introduced last December that elevated the illegal importation of large amounts of precursors, such as pseudoephedrine, to the same crime category as importing the amphetamines themselves.

Mr Phelan said police had not yet determined the lab's production capacity and officers were still going through the property.

But he likened the enterprise to the "superlabs of southeast Asia", including a billion-dollar Fijian ice factory that was dismantled in 2004.

Those laboratories have the capacity to produce as much as 500kg of the drug, also known as crystal meth, shabu and crank, each week.

"This is one of the largest and most sophisticated clandestine drug laboratories discovered in Australia, capable of making extremely large quantities of ice," Mr Phelan said.

"We believe we have completely dismantled a major syndicate operating in Australia."

The growing market for ice in Australia has traditionally relied on imports from labs in China, Malaysia and The Philippines.

Previously uncovered Australian labs have used more basic recipes to produce a less refined ice -- a brown sludge that is administered by heating and inhaling the vapours.

But the Murwillumbah lab is the first Australian operation known to be using the technical and highly volatile low-pressure hydrogen method employed in the Asian labs to create pure crystals of methamphetamine.

Mr Phelan said such labs were still "extremely rare" in Australia, but the latest raid suggested there were more out there.

The drug is notorious for inducing violent psychotic episodes in long-term users.

From News.com.au

^500kg A WEEKKK!!!! WTF

You think with output like that the price would somewhat drop with oversupply.

Man and I thought that smoke was volcanic fumes coming from Mt Warning

^^^ LOL

far north NSW seems to re affirm its status as the nations drug producing capital more often than ever

^ If you'd seen the size of the reaction vessels and other equipment on Sky News yesterday, you might not think it was BS.

It's probably fair to say that the bust will put a dent in the local ice market, but how long that will take to fill, and with what sort of product (quality) is anyones guess.

As if there is even ice in North NSW / Tweed.
They get the local Sludge, the crystals would go to a city imho.

Last edited:
news.com.au said:
Those laboratories have the capacity to produce as much as 500kg of the drug, also known as crystal meth, shabu and crank, each week

Imagine...
in a perfect world.

Secretly we re-open the meth lab for just one week.

what would you do with 5 times your body weight in pure meth?

Id make a bed out of pure meth then sleep on it
wait, who am i kidding
who would need a bed with 500kg of meth

Damn, *apprently* most of the big supplies that reach Perth come from Sydney and are housed by people who are paid to just sit on it.

The big clear finger-sized chunks that are around perth now apparently come from Sydney. Alot of it.

This is fucked. This is a nightmare. This is something i never wanna hear again.

Anyone got pictures of video's of this Ice Lab.

I wanna see how they recrystallize. A big FREEZING COLD TUB OF TONE'. Buckets of meth just thrown on it.

Ha. imagine that. Instant shards.

youll give me wet dreams with talk like that you will, koston

Some of the pics I saw included a beer keg in a cement mixer. Then there were a few pics of some larger vessels.

KostoN said:
Damn, *apprently* most of the big supplies that reach Perth come from Sydney and are housed by people who are paid to just sit on it.

The big clear finger-sized chunks that are around perth now apparently come from Sydney. Alot of it.

fuck they must be sending all the good shit over there, cuz last time i saw any good meth in sydney it was ridiculously priced, pink, and did i mention it was ridicolously priced? not that i've been looking, life without ice is great, an occasional manic weekend is appreciated much more than a constant deluded state.

where can i apply for a house sitter job? :)

Righto chaps, no discussion about where methamphetamine here there or anywhere comes from - apologies if I sound like a stuck record, but either you know for sure but you're too silly to keep it quiet, or you're talking out yer bum. Either way, Bluelight has nothing to gain from the speculation :)

aunty establishment said:
Righto chaps, no discussion about where methamphetamine here there or anywhere comes from - apologies if I sound like a stuck record, but either you know for sure but you're too silly to keep it quiet, or you're talking out yer bum. Either way, Bluelight has nothing to gain from the speculation :)

Wth?
He said apparantly. It is well-known that alot of drugs are produced and imported to Sydney anyways. As Sydney is the main transporting HUB of Australia.
Why can't anyone speculate? That's what Bluelight is about, isn't it?
Afterall, noone knows the real long-term damage MDMA can cause, so we all just speculate.
Know what I mean?
:\