PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) Cooking Fentanyl

Pages : [1] 2

Conchero
29-03-2006, 08:41
I have two 50mcg fentanyl gel patches, and I am wondering if it is possible to cook the gel into a snortable powder form, like you would with ketamine. A friend tried to do it in the microwave but I think he ruined the gel. I am wondering if this is actually possible to do or not.

ktx49
29-03-2006, 08:50
hey man, im letting u know u CAN actually smoke the gel off foil....i have a good tolerance, and 4-5 good hits put me into a nice daze...short lived, but i was really tired and basically nodded out anyways for atleast 3 hours from my last hit.

slice it open, and start with TINY dots of gel on foil and make sure u have a good technique...many of my friends missed the vapors and wasted FENTANYL.

do it up
29-03-2006, 09:22
i have a 25ug patch from mylan, the shitty one without the gel. i sliced it up and i put it in 1ml of water and im letting it sit overnight under my light so its just slightly heated. tomorrow im gonna shoot it and see how that goes. wish me luck!! or if anyone has a better idea on how to make it work please let me know!!

RorerQuaalude714
29-03-2006, 09:42
Yeh, I've heard of people smoking the gel off foil. Unless you have a fairly strong tolerance, I don't recommend smoking or even attempting to make a snortable form. In fact, personally I strongly recommend avoiding it, but to each his own.

ktx49
29-03-2006, 19:19
^thats what i thought, but then i started smoking it correctly....

EDIT:

oops now i understand what ur saying...yeah without a tolerance smoking fent gel COULD be risky....snorting it would be just insane.

pkt
29-03-2006, 19:22
i have a 25ug patch from mylan, the shitty one without the gel. i sliced it up and i put it in 1ml of water and im letting it sit overnight under my light so its just slightly heated. tomorrow im gonna shoot it and see how that goes. wish me luck!! or if anyone has a better idea on how to make it work please let me know!!

Shooting something thats been sitting there overnight ? 8) how hygeneic.

Abraxus
29-03-2006, 19:49
Fentanyl is fat soluble so I do not think that soaking it in water overnight will work. The fact that it is fat soluble is what makes it effective transdermally. Also, as someone else said, you do not want to be injecting a liquid that has been sitting out all night without a wheel filter. Bacteria will build up in the liquid and will cause you to get a dirty hit.

Also from what I have read smoking the Fentanyl gel can be very harmful to the lungs due to the silicone in the gel. Inhaling burned silicone can be very dangerous. I'm not sure of he specifics but it has to do with what the silicone turns in to when burned.

Also keep in mind that unless your tolerance is very high, if you do manage to extract the fentanyl, you will be left with a lethal dose. In my opinion, these patches are not the best thing to be abusing, but as always YMMV.

ChemicalSmiles
29-03-2006, 23:44
I thought shooting fentanyl killed you?

RorerQuaalude714
29-03-2006, 23:52
^^ No, not at all. Shooting the gel from a Duragesic is dangerous just because of the massive dose, as well as the gelling agents re-solidifying in your veins.

In fact, Fentanyl is very frequently used IV/IM in both hospital and non-hospital settings. It's an extremely effective drug.

Shooting Fentanyl can be extremely dangerous though, because of its sheer potency. Doses need to be carefully administered.

I'm sure you might remember a few years back when a bunch of IV users turned up dead because Fentanyl had hit the streets and users were injecting it at the same doses for heroin. Fentanyl is substantially stronger than heroin, and as such, they OD'ed.

Given properly and at the right dose it's an extremely effective pain control med.

ChemicalSmiles
30-03-2006, 00:08
Yeah and a helluva addiction also1! :D

sixpartseven
30-03-2006, 08:16
^ that brings up a question. how many people are actually illicitly addicted to fentanyl? i mean, people who arent prescribed it? it seems like thats a very rare drug for someone to be addicted to (if not prescribed it)

RorerQuaalude714
30-03-2006, 09:06
^ I think most of its illicit abuse would be from medical staff that have access to it.

sixpartseven
30-03-2006, 09:07
^ thats what i would have assumed. I cant imagine any street level users being hooked on just fentanyl.

JDiggidy
30-03-2006, 09:10
no if fact ts from addicts that attain their substance via blackmart and then that try and shoot the gel from the patch itself that is the majority of overdoses...

Abraxus
30-03-2006, 17:09
There are definately people addicted to Fentanyl. F is a particularly harsh mistress as it's duration of action is so short, someone that is addicted to it has to use like every 45 minutes to stay well. It's a great high but lasts for under an hour unless you apply the patch as directed and tolerance skyrockets in no time.

drunken_etard
30-03-2006, 18:53
hey man, im letting u know u CAN actually smoke the gel off foil....i have a good tolerance, and 4-5 good hits put me into a nice daze...short lived, but i was really tired and basically nodded out anyways for atleast 3 hours from my last hit.

slice it open, and start with TINY dots of gel on foil and make sure u have a good technique...many of my friends missed the vapors and wasted FENTANYL.

its wicked to smoke it, except the fact that u cant see the smoke....its hard for ppl who have never smoked things of foil.lol i got fucked up one time off like 3 big hits and dropped the burning hot foil on my thumb and it fucking stuck to it and melted some ony my skin bad,,,ouchy.. it hurt so fucking much

bZoP
30-03-2006, 18:59
I know for a fact there are many people addicted to fentenyl especially on this board. It is an incredibly powerful opiate and when everything else stops working...where do you go from there? Only up, to a harder more powerful opiate...fentenyl.

Hopeless666
30-03-2006, 21:00
I was addicted to Fent. 1 and a half to 2 100ug patches (15-20 mg's) a day sublingually, I had a source of 60 100ug/hr patches a month. Once in a while the solid Mylan patches were the only ones avaliable. For the Mylan ones I used to chew them. And I liked how you can manage the doseage better because you could cut the patch into 8th's or 16th's and just chew for and hour or so.

I blame/thank my (over/mis)use of the patches for making my tolerance so high. Used to feel nice (not really high) off of 1 oral 80mg OC chewed up. After 3 months of daily Fent abuse, 500mgs of oral OC just stoped my nose from running. And the half life of Fent is so short I started to feel sick 12 hours after the last doseage of Fent. Where I could easily make it 24 hours before getting sick after my last doseage of OC. I would advise any opiate newbie to USE EXTREME CAUTION WITH FENTENYL. And IT IS MY OPINION to any dealers DO NOT SELL FENTENYL TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE A SIZEABLE HABIT.

But if it wasn't for the Fent I wouldn't of went on Bupe almost year ago. So it got me out of the cycle of........... Score opiate, Get high, Get sick, REPEAT. Now the cylcle is go to the doctor every 30 days..............Score Bupe, No High, No Sick, Repeat.

equip`d
10-04-2006, 06:30
^-damn thats an outrageous tolerence you got there! good luck with your bupe treatment :)

chivy
10-04-2006, 06:59
I dont think the gel has silicone in it, I do believe it is just alcohol gel and you can squeeze it onto a piece of glass and let it evaporate into powder. Lick out the patch because it will still have alot left on the plastic.

dilated_pupils
10-04-2006, 07:20
I'm actually amazing fentanyl hasn't hit the streets in any form yet. Obviously it'd be expensive, but like if I mentioned the name 'fentanyl' to any dealer around here, they wouldn't know what the fuck I'm talking about. But then again, I'm sure if I asked them about opiate, they would be just as clueless.

chivy
10-04-2006, 09:05
actually it has been made by home chemists synthetically and sold as powder. it has been passed off as china white and people have od'd on it using the amount they would for heroin. i guess it was passed off as heroin because alot of people dont know what fentanyl is. also there was synthetic demerol passed around in california and there was an article about some bad batches that ended up being mtpt or mptp or something like that and everyone that shot it came down with parkinson like symptoms and had to go to the hospital and some had permanant effects.

Abraxus
10-04-2006, 16:01
I dont think the gel has silicone in it, I do believe it is just alcohol gel and you can squeeze it onto a piece of glass and let it evaporate into powder. Lick out the patch because it will still have alot left on the plastic.

What are the ingredients of DURAGESIC®? Active Ingredient: fentanyl Inactive ingredients: alcohol*, ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer membrane, hydroxyethyl cellulose, polyester film backing, silicone adhesive. *Less than 0.2 mL of alcohol is released from the patch during use.RX ONLYMANUFACTURED BY: DISTRIBUTED BY: ALZA CORPORATIONJANSSEN PHARMACEUTICA PRODUCTS, L.P. MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043 TITUSVILLE, NJ 08560 © JANSSEN 2003 11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

raybeez
10-04-2006, 22:52
What are the ingredients of DURAGESIC®? Active Ingredient: fentanyl Inactive ingredients: alcohol*, ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer membrane, hydroxyethyl cellulose, polyester film backing, silicone adhesive. *Less than 0.2 mL of alcohol is released from the patch during use.RX ONLYMANUFACTURED BY: DISTRIBUTED BY: ALZA CORPORATIONJANSSEN PHARMACEUTICA PRODUCTS, L.P. MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043 TITUSVILLE, NJ 08560 © JANSSEN 2003 11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The silicon adhesive is what's used to stick the patch to the skin, after peeling away the protective liner on the patch. It isn't a component of the gel. If you were to poke a hole in the back of the patch and squeeze out the gel, you would not come into contact with the adhesive.

ocpheend
11-04-2006, 00:10
wow shooting fentanyl? some pretty looney ones in this thread huh? lol

man to ANYONE about to fuck around with fentanyl be oh so very carefull that shit is so insanely potent i wouldent even think of fucking with it and i take upto 250mg of oxy a day!

anyways all im saying is please be carefull!

dont forget to have fun while ur being carefull though ;) lol

TheEverlastingNod
04-04-2009, 03:43
Shooting something thats been sitting there overnight ? 8) how hygeneic.

Wait, shooting anything IS hygienic? Putting toxic chemicals in your body by ANY method is hygienic?? Sure, some are more so than others, but how's a midget gonna go and look down upon a dwarf? [all pun intended]

I'm just saying, for the record, if you really care about hygiene and health, don't go doing drugs in the first place, and if you actually have to for medical reasons, don't abuse them, and finally, don't start with that I-may-have-just-had-gay-sex-with-another-man-for-an-8-ball-of-coke-but-at-least-I'm-not-one-of-those-disgusting-crack-smokers mentality. That said, I apologize for being so judgmental, myself, and will get back to the topic.

As for shooting fentanyl, I really don't see it as all that dangerous if you've got a high tolerance and are using the gel-type patches. I use to do it on a regular basis, and never came close to overdosing from it[forget the mcg/hr, though]. At least with those, as opposed to the heroin I was also doing at the time, you could tell relatively precisely how much you were putting into your body, more accurately than smoking it, even. On the other hand, yes, you'd better know exactly what your tolerance is before your try it, or start with the smallest possible dose until you figure it out, because that stuff is POTENT. Around the same time they were cutting the heroin with it before selling it on the street, and I know quite a few people who went out on The Everlasting Nod because they didn't realize how strong the stuff is. So if you want to try shooting it, I'd suggest getting the gels, watering them down[say, 5-10 parts water] and then starting with an incredibly small shot, even if you're sure you won't feel it. For example, if you got a 100 mcg/hr patch, water it down with 10cc's and then try injecting a tenth of a cc at first. I think that'd be about 1/10 of a milligram dose, BUT I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE SO CHECK AND RECHECK THE MATH BEFORE TAKING THIS DUMB-ASSES WORD! That was just an example, everyone's tolerance is different, but hopefully you get the idea and know your body better than I do, so take care, have fun, and BE SAFE! [and please, no one go and die because I encouraged this]

hobbitz69
17-07-2009, 14:38
well when i pick up my patches, i get 10 boxes with 5x50mgph patches, they are the duragesic wafer thin ratiopharm ones. i peel off the main backing and with a knife start to peel the snotty gel of the plastic backing, once done seperate into 16 tiny balls of snot and slap on the shiney side of the foil.
then with a foil tube the wife and i chase the dragon for one whole week, then they are gone until 3 months come around again.
but be carefull to much if you not very tollerant will, i mean WILL shut down your resperatory system in your sleep.
ps after the first hit every three months i puke cos the taste if sooooo nasty.

cheers

wall_flower
07-10-2010, 18:58
jeez... i had no idea how much of this stuff i was taking comparatively. i'm on a 100mg patch every 2 days. since i broke my back, had 4 disks pulverized, fused into the this hideous tube of synthetic bone, and real bone chips, i've been in a bit of agony. it's pretty gross.
i'm currently weening off of everything. sound's like it's not going to be as easy as i thought.
thanks for everyones feedback/experiences with the med.

<3- w.f.

kicker20
07-11-2010, 06:55
How potent would and how much fentanyl would you consume if you took a watson 100mcg patch and extracted all the gel and rubbed it on your skin? Would it have the same bioavailbility as the transdermal patch? theoretically could you put 10mg of fent on your skin with a 94% bioavailibility? this would allow people to cut a 100 mcg patch into pieces and get that specific amount in your body? thanks

Never_Sober
07-11-2010, 07:30
Wait, shooting anything IS hygienic? Putting toxic chemicals in your body by ANY method is hygienic?? Sure, some are more so than others, but how's a midget gonna go and look down upon a dwarf? [all pun intended]

I'm just saying, for the record, if you really care about hygiene and health, don't go doing drugs in the first place, and if you actually have to for medical reasons, don't abuse them, and finally, don't start with that I-may-have-just-had-gay-sex-with-another-man-for-an-8-ball-of-coke-but-at-least-I'm-not-one-of-those-disgusting-crack-smokers mentality. That said, I apologize for being so judgmental, myself, and will get back to the topic.

As for shooting fentanyl, I really don't see it as all that dangerous if you've got a high tolerance and are using the gel-type patches. I use to do it on a regular basis, and never came close to overdosing from it[forget the mcg/hr, though]. At least with those, as opposed to the heroin I was also doing at the time, you could tell relatively precisely how much you were putting into your body, more accurately than smoking it, even. On the other hand, yes, you'd better know exactly what your tolerance is before your try it, or start with the smallest possible dose until you figure it out, because that stuff is POTENT. Around the same time they were cutting the heroin with it before selling it on the street, and I know quite a few people who went out on The Everlasting Nod because they didn't realize how strong the stuff is. So if you want to try shooting it, I'd suggest getting the gels, watering them down[say, 5-10 parts water] and then starting with an incredibly small shot, even if you're sure you won't feel it. For example, if you got a 100 mcg/hr patch, water it down with 10cc's and then try injecting a tenth of a cc at first. I think that'd be about 1/10 of a milligram dose, BUT I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE SO CHECK AND RECHECK THE MATH BEFORE TAKING THIS DUMB-ASSES WORD! That was just an example, everyone's tolerance is different, but hopefully you get the idea and know your body better than I do, so take care, have fun, and BE SAFE! [and please, no one go and die because I encouraged this]

Actually there's a whole thread on extraction from the non-gel patches, and from reading up on that thread you are well for lack of a better term 100% WRONG, there is no way to measure out how much your doing because each "glob" of gel could contain as little as 5 mcg's or as much as 50 mcg's and that's what makes it so dangerous, because there's really no way to effectively measure out how much your getting. Seriously search "Fentanyl Extraction" the thread is actually really interesting, a lot of good information on the subject.

dankstersauce
07-11-2010, 21:26
^its not something to fuck around with. There is little/no room for error. Even opiate tolerant people drop dead from fent.

Its a shame because I love the stuff but damn its scary to see how many people die from fent by doing just a little too much. People die from smoking it too (again its a shame...especially with the sweet sweet tasting smoke and rush). If you absolutely have to do it wear it or smoke just the tiniest dab and start with tiny tiny hits.

Droppersneck
07-11-2010, 21:59
I have seen a buddy of mine drop a tiny drop of the gel into a spoon and cook it up, it worked but I wouldnt recommend it. If you smoke it make sure you let it dry on a piece of glass it burns like shit and isnt effective when wet.

Janja
07-11-2010, 22:18
Yeh, I've heard of people smoking the gel off foil. Unless you have a fairly strong tolerance, I don't recommend smoking or even attempting to make a snortable form. In fact, personally I strongly recommend avoiding it, but to each his own.

Yes, and remember to mix the gel well before squeezing it out of one of the corners. It is apparently unevenly distributed, so dosing could be disastrous otherwise - fatal. :|

Even if you do mix it, squeeze out very small amounts of the gel to smoke. It is extremely powerful. For these reasons, because it is so hard to dose correctly, it has caused so many fatalities. Be smart. :\

vildhjarta
22-01-2012, 00:05
DO NOT shoot fentanyl. as tempting as it may be. and im sure people do it and nothing happens to them but, i shot it for about 3 or 4 days straight, i have a huge tolerance so i would shoot a full patch at a time.. i shot only 3 patches and 2 days later i woke up in the morning at 10 a.m. having a heart attack. The doctor said i lost 1/5th of my heart tissue and it will turn to scar tissue and ill have to live the rest of my life verrrry carefully now if i dont want to die. I am only 24 years old... i just got out of the hospital today. I cant help but think that the fentanyl gel had everything to do with it.

Znegative
22-01-2012, 01:30
With the gell patches you can definately male fentanyl into a sortable powder. What I did was cut open the patch and pour the gell on to a flat piece of glass, and lightly waved a blow drier back and forth over the gell, until it let of crystallized into a white powder. I then cut it into lines and sniffed it. I got a lot more out of it this way compared to buccally, but in general, I just don't like the fentanyl high that much. It's all sedation and very little euphoria. It's kind of a cold opioid in my opinion. I've heard iv fentanyl makes it a better experience, but fentanyl is not something that I would like to really mess around with too much in general

andghosts
22-01-2012, 02:16
If you're going to cook it, you might as well shoot it.

I posted said process elsewhere:

What you need:
Standard injection equipment (two syringes)
White vinegar

Cut yourself a suitable sized patch (I get 3-4 sized pieces from a 100mg patch)
Place your piece on your cooker (standard spoon, not those undersized aluminum dishes they fetch at the exchange)
Fill your spoon with 2 parts sterile water and 1 part white vinegar (make sure patch is covered - it will float, this is okay)
Place one of the syringes in your mouth (plunger-side in), hold the patch down in the spoon with the needle point
Cook (it will sizzle, hold it down significantly longer than your average cook to ensure the best yield)
Toss your cotton in, load up and enjoy (I leave the patch in while I do this - seconds may or may not be available depending on cook time)

Happy nodding.

Ohayou
22-01-2012, 02:27
Yes, fentanyl (IV citrate, transdermal, and even lozenges) and very common and easily obtainable in palliative care. I rather think it sucks as it is way too depressing to respiratory functions and lacks euphoria. Also, the high feels dirty and I more or less feel like crap on it.

Not to mention, being addicted to it would be horrible because the stuff only lasts a very little while (4-6 hours) so redosing would be a pain all the time unless you just wore patches all the time. The one advantage to this stuff is the potency it has in such tiny doses.

1-2mg is enough to floor people with tolerances, 100mcg is enough for someone without tolerance. It is way too easy to kill yourself with this stuff though, I do not recommend it unless it is the absolute only thing you can get it.

I will give credit to it's pain killing properties though, although I prefer methadone as a more effective way to deal with chronic pain (it takes longer to kick in however).

QuinntheEskimo
17-04-2012, 05:30
In Australia Fentanyl is different. It is a sticky patch. The idea is to cut it into small pieces and add at least a mig of white vinegar and a mig of lemon juice and cook/cook/cook. Let it reduce to a one third or less, filter and then blam. Of course, let it rest for a while to cool as it stings like hell, possibly bcos of the vinegar/lemon juice. A 25mg patch will do two people and a 100mg will totally drop/kill one person. Be careful!

Tripman
17-04-2012, 07:14
You should never IV lemon juice or vinegar.

This can lead to many complications including blindness.

Citric acid or acetic acid should be used in there pure form.

Jayzgurlie
19-04-2012, 04:48
I have only had fentanyl once when in an ambulance be abuse of a torn muscle. Oh I take that back, they did try to put me on the patch a few well like ten yrs ago but it burned my skin and I didn't like it. Not my point though. I just reciently saw someone actually take the liquid out of the patch and in syringe measure it than decide it by 4 and he pu one fourth into a spoon and mixed it with some kind of cranberry powder (idk what kind or how much) and put it into a capsule. I guess he said his wife has chronic pain and like me tha patch burns squares on her skin when he does this he can give her one and it takes her pain away for a good 12 hrs. Also she has a tollerance like I do. I am a pain management paitent and I take 4 100mg ms contin a day and up to 15 5 mg oxy. She takes about the same. So this sounded. Easy to me. After reading all the stuff here I think this way is prob safest if ur not going to just use as prescribed. Not that I judge. My husband went through hell getting off pills and he had is bad with me having seven surgeries in 3 yrs. so I truly mean no offence. I don't know how this guy did this mixture all I know I posted. I hope u all stay alive and at least try things in small doses first.

OpiodTaker
06-05-2012, 15:25
I do this every single month all month long..I get the non gel regular fentanyl patches...I take 2 caps of white vinegar and 8 ozs of water a teaspoon and i fill 2 syringes full 100 units and an addictional 40 units to cook down.Cut out 1 sixth of the patch place in the water and boil .Remove patch either use cotton or dont makes no difference if nothings floating in the water like particles that somehow were on spoon.This will give you 2 shots of 80 units just enough to pull back on needle to see if there is blood.Vinegar does not hurt you trust me id be dead already.And the beauty is that each portion of a patch can be shot over and over at least 6 times each.Stronger then herroin i know i was a junky for years.=D

OpiodTaker
06-05-2012, 15:29
Greenlighter

Today 13:25

I do this every single month all month long..I get the non gel regular fentanyl patches...I take 2 caps of white vinegar and 8 ozs of water a teaspoon and i fill 2 syringes full 100 units and an addictional 40 units to cook down.Cut out 1 sixth of the patch place in the water and boil .Remove patch either use cotton or dont makes no difference if nothings floating in the water like particles that somehow were on spoon.This will give you 2 shots of 80 units just enough to pull back on needle to see if there is blood.Vinegar does not hurt you trust me id be dead already.And the beauty is that each portion of a patch can be shot over and over at least 6 times each.Stronger then herroin i know i was a junky for years.

OpiodTaker
06-05-2012, 15:31
Thats because you shot a whole patch moron i have a huge tolerance and i shoot 1/6 a patch when they are new each 6th will last up to 10 shots non as good as the 1st hit try again with less youll be fine

pbuilder
06-05-2012, 21:04
^ that brings up a question. how many people are actually illicitly addicted to fentanyl? i mean, people who arent prescribed it? it seems like thats a very rare drug for someone to be addicted to (if not prescribed it)

i saw an episode of intervention with some asian girl who was addicted to the fent lollypops. She'd just sit their licking them nodding all day lol. (or rubbing them on her gums however they work, it was a while ago i saw the episode)

tricomb
06-05-2012, 21:44
i saw an episode of intervention with some asian girl who was addicted to the fent lollypops. She'd just sit their licking them nodding all day lol. (or rubbing them on her gums however they work, it was a while ago i saw the episode)

Yeah I remember that one, I forget her name It started with an S though I think. She was a total bitch though, and it was scary to see the progression of her addiction.

@OpiodTaker I really hope you're micron filtering, since you're cooking plastic fentanyl strips, and then injecting the solution. How long does a shot last you?

Nfinitesub_routine
23-02-2013, 18:47
Hello, okay, so here's the deal, due to a crippling car accident, I have been to pain mgmt for six months, having been administered morphine ERand IR(30mgs each) and I took them as directed for a few months, and they were relatively useful until a few months passed, and up until a few days ago I was taking 240mg of the IR, and 180mg of the ER, together and all at once, daily, and still don't get any pain relief. Yesterday I was prescribed watson fentanyl 50mcg gel patches, and was very optimistic about my pain relief. I eagerly put on the patch after reading almost all of the data from your site as well as all the others, so needless to say, I was quite familiarized with my new opiod. I applied a blow dryer to the patch to further the effects of it and waited for a few hours, and nothing, so I decided to carefully poke a hole in a new patch and extract a bb sized glob and rub it on my gums as I waited for twenty minutes, and once again nothing! So I tried again, this time with an even larger amount as I waited, and still nothing. So I decided to smoke it and applied it to foil, a bb sized glob again, and hovered over it with my hollowed out device as it began to bubble and crackle, inhaled what very little smoke I could, held in all the smoke for as long as I could, and waited once again in vain, nothing. So I smeared three or four bb sized globs in a row in the foil and repeated the process, nothing! I even reada report on another site about one individual smearing it on a cigarette, so I decided in all desperation to try that, and genrously apllied nearly the rest of my gel to the damn thing, and once again, nothing at all! I have been wearing this patch now for 18 hours and still am in great pain and do not feel the effects whatsoever. I have been an avid user as well for quite some time, although considering having taken a year off despite my heavy regiment of morphine, I would have thought that my freakishly high tolerance would have subsided by now. Any great input as to what I should do or dosage recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Please do not be redundant and warn me about the dangers of fent...I am very aware of them and took baby steps to see its effects on me, and would appreciate some useful information as I open another patch and contemplate my method of administration.

Swimmingdancer
23-02-2013, 19:17
Hello, okay, so here's the deal, due to a crippling car accident, I have been to pain mgmt for six months, having been administered morphine ERand IR(30mgs each) and I took them as directed for a few months, and they were relatively useful until a few months passed, and up until a few days ago I was taking 240mg of the IR, and 180mg of the ER, together and all at once, daily, and still don't get any pain relief. Yesterday I was prescribed watson fentanyl 50mcg gel patches, and was very optimistic about my pain relief. I eagerly put on the patch after reading almost all of the data from your site as well as all the others, so needless to say, I was quite familiarized with my new opiod. I applied a blow dryer to the patch to further the effects of it and waited for a few hours, and nothing, so I decided to carefully poke a hole in a new patch and extract a bb sized glob and rub it on my gums as I waited for twenty minutes, and once again nothing! So I tried again, this time with an even larger amount as I waited, and still nothing. So I decided to smoke it and applied it to foil, a bb sized glob again, and hovered over it with my hollowed out device as it began to bubble and crackle, inhaled what very little smoke I could, held in all the smoke for as long as I could, and waited once again in vain, nothing. So I smeared three or four bb sized globs in a row in the foil and repeated the process, nothing! I even reada report on another site about one individual smearing it on a cigarette, so I decided in all desperation to try that, and genrously apllied nearly the rest of my gel to the damn thing, and once again, nothing at all! I have been wearing this patch now for 18 hours and still am in great pain and do not feel the effects whatsoever. I have been an avid user as well for quite some time, although considering having taken a year off despite my heavy regiment of morphine, I would have thought that my freakishly high tolerance would have subsided by now. Any great input as to what I should do or dosage recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Please do not be redundant and warn me about the dangers of fent...I am very aware of them and took baby steps to see its effects on me, and would appreciate some useful information as I open another patch and contemplate my method of administration.

The only solution is to go to your doctor and tell them the patch isn't working for you. If you normally take 240mg of oral morphine a day I think the 100mcg/hr patch, or a different opioid, may be better suited for you. Conversion charts list 240mg oral morphine as being equivalent to more than 100mcg of fentanyl per hour. If you were taking your morphine by a non-oral route of administration then your tolerance would be even higher. Why would you think your tolerance would have gone down that substantially in just a few days?

Surely the fentanyl must have done something though? It should have at least given you some relief of your withdrawal symptoms and partial pain relief.

Please discuss this with your doctor as there is nothing safe you can try to make the patch release more fentanyl that you haven't already tried. (not that most of the things you tried were at all safe/wise - until you can see your doctor wearing the patch as directed and applying some heat is the only thing I can in good conscience suggest).

Nfinitesub_routine
23-02-2013, 20:13
Well, I surely do appreciate the time you took to respond to my query, and as of ten minutes ago, I had incrementally squeezed out larger globs of the gel onto foil for recreationally smoking, and I actually had completely went through an entire patch in that duration ( honestly) and I felt nada, nothing at all,I held the flame an appropriate distance from the foil in order to avoid burning up the active chemicals or whatever you want to call it, and held it in for quite a while, and nothing once again. I suppose I will now go to the local pharmacy to purchase some equiment to boot it, there seems to be no other choice, Now I must read up on the proper dosage amounts and whatnot for IV'ing... Been at least four months since i've taken this route, we'll see then I suppose, once again,thanks and wish me luck. P.S. ( I am not just looking for pain relief at this point as I have clearly expressed, although that would be nice, I would like to have BOTH recreational and prescribed usage. :-)

brutus
23-02-2013, 20:23
Please do not inject fentanyl unless you have a death wish. There is no way of accurately dosing fentanyl for the typical layman, not to mention that there is almost no margin of error with fentanyl.

Please read the case studies thread or perhaps visit the shrine. You will find plenty of reasons there to choose not to inject fentanyl. We have lost some great Bluelighters due to IV fentanyl.

You really are risking your life by doing this. The reason why smoking fentanyl didn't work was because of your technique. If you are hellbent on abusing fentanyl, please PM me and I will inform you. I just do not want anyone injecting fentanyl when other viable methods are available.

Swimmingdancer
23-02-2013, 20:25
^^PLEASE don't inject it :(. You can't get proper equipment in order to safely extract and filter GEL from a fentanyl patch from the pharmacy. Not to mention that injecting fent itself is extremely dangerous.

You didn't clarify if by feeling "nothing" you meant it just didn't make you feel high, or if you also experienced no relief of withdrawal symptoms and no relief of pain? Some people just don't find fent very euphoric, and you can die without getting high. Please call your doctor and tell them the fentanyl is not working, or go to a hospital or something if you can't reach your doctor in a timely fashion. Don't risk your life :(