Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ease? mdma alternative trials

person

Bluelighter
in NZ? anyone from here tried 'ease'? im curious to what chems it is?? apparently not BZP+TMFPP but an un-regulated drug approved for testing by govt. Please post if anyone knows further info or have tried 'ease' themselves, cheers. I havent been able to source them myself to try., I remember a slight discussion a couple weeks back..

doc downloaded from there website.

“..offering this new product on a clinical trial basis to people who might otherwise use ecstasy. It is tightly controlled, is under patent, cannot be sold in any shops, is restricted to people over the age of 21... Participants in the trial are assessed for further treatment needs...".

^At the moment, it is under patent. So, don't expect the company manafacturer to release any details of what substance(s) are in the end product.

Update

Rung stargate and they said they are still testing 'ease' and for people living in auckland/wellington can apply by downloading an app form from their website and because it is govt funded, also need 2 forms of id as need to take downloaded app form to a JP+ID (justice of the peace) to verify+stamp that the person who is applying is indeed that person!?.. They then send you a series of pills and you have to report back what you think of them blah blah, only for people who have taken MDxX before/or current users. Its an RC, but still undisclosed hmmmmm. He also stated there will be impromtu events giving away sample packs.. So ill probably just wait for the 'impromtu events' to unfold (within next month) cos like hell im going to have my name on a govt database, and because I already work for a govt agency/IT shit, all the databases are connected with everything else e.g. residence, wages/ird, if any dependant children.. .. .

Update v1.0a. Rung stargate again just to confirm as prev person I spoke to did not explain to me properly, it is actually 1 form of ID that you need to provide to JP, no personal info is sent back to govt (they only want to know stats, if minimal harm etc). ID is to make sure that the person is over the age of 21. It is a controlled RC, approved by govt for harm reduction testing ha. I hope its Methylone

Update v1.0b heres a screen capture from pdf file stargate sent me/just signed up now.

Last edited:
Just find it funny theyare looking at replacements for MDMA because it is illegal it can be contaminated.. Save the time and legalise it.

This is not happening in Australia, and barring major major changes in law it will never happen here.

I don't understand why the company running the trial does not disclose the chemical name - if they own a patent, then there is no harm in publishing the standard chemical name and structure of the drug. And unless it is a drug that they have designed and developed, that has not previously been synthesised, then are they able to claim ownership of the chemical patent? Or just their own brand?

If they are running human trials, wouldn't participants expect to be informed of the pharmacological identity of the drug, so as to minimise the potential for occurrence of any drug interactions or adverse events?

And something tells me that this is not a new drug - if these were the first ever human clinical trials, then they would be performed under more rigorous conditions and stricter supervision, so this must just be a population trial of a known psychoactive to determine its potential as a legal recreational drug...

I'm confused by the secrecy....marketing ploy?? economic stratagem? prudent governing?

A few weeks ago I went looking for appropriate patents assuming it was a piperazine type compound, which of course it may well not be. I only found one relevant listing; a lengthy patent applied for by a NZ company. It contained loads of similarly structured compounds having a broad range of medical applications.

So, if it was designed by a local pharmaceutical company it may well be a substance on that list.

I'll be away for a few days; p_d

charlesbronson said:
I'm confused by the secrecy....marketing ploy?? economic stratagem? prudent governing?
Me too. I've been concerned by what Stargate are doing here since I first heard about it. The idea of unidentified trials makes me break out into a cold sweat. Frankly, I'm surprised there isn't a media furore around this already (give it time, I guess).

aunty establishment said:
Me too. I've been concerned by what Stargate are doing here since I first heard about it. The idea of unidentified trials makes me break out into a cold sweat. Frankly, I'm surprised there isn't a media furore around this already (give it time, I guess).

Thats why I signed up, I really want to know what substance it is and how it feels if it is not the usual BZP blends. Ive got my document signed+stamped by a justice of the peace after showing my passport. He warned me of a kiwi in the UK recently who had problems being a guinea pig for RC pills. Hmm will keep posted though. Stargate are part of a govt regulated+funded biochem lab, they probably provide the BZP+TFMPP to the businesses in NZ and the UK which is then repackaged ;). The trials have been going since Nov last year. It was shortlived in the media from what I can gather after browsing news sites etc.

I tried these, had a pretty good time on them and I'm glad there's something around that ain't BZP. A little harsh on the comedown but no where near as bad as BZP pills.
Charles Bronson - One of the reasons why the ingredients haven't been disclosed is that BZP was not controlled adequately when party pills hit the shops, and now you can buy pills from anywhere and everywhere. Too many people are doing it and a fearful public is starting to panic, with the result likely to be some sort of ban by the end of the year.
So now no-one has the fun, unless they want to go back to illegal sources for illegal products, and meth is a sure cadidate to replace supply for bzp once that gets outlawed.
There was been some media around the trials, the Herald on Sunday did a full page feature, one story was about the shock and horror of human guinea pig trials; the other was from the journalist who couldn't disguise the fact that he had a thoroughly good time on them. Talked for hours...
Human guinea pigs for party pill

By David Fisher

Human trials are being carried out on a new synthetic legal high that is designed to mimic the effects of Ecstasy.

The new drug, called Ease, is being sold privately by legal high designer Matt Bowden to a "clinical trial" group of volunteers.

Mr Bowden was behind the creation of the current crop of BZP-based pills which have turned into a massive industry with an estimated 20 million pills sold in the past five years.

Mr Bowden said Ease had shown none of the damaging characteristics of Ecstasy in early trials on animals.

"Animal studies suggest it does not share the mechanism by which brain damage and addictive effects are thought to be produced, and so Ease should have considerably less potential for harm than Ecstasy."

But the new secret compound and the trials have brought concern from associate health minister Jim Anderton, who told the Herald on Sunday he had sought legal advice from the Ministry of Health and the Crown Law Office.

Mr Anderton said the advice from the health ministry had warned against potential high liability over public risk because of the human test subjects.

He had yet to receive advice from Crown Law. "I've asked ... what are the legal issues around trialling substances that could have harmful effects on human beings without all the safeguards in medical trials?"

Mr Anderton, who described himself as "inherently conservative" about drugs, said Mr Bowden should consider trialling his product, as pharmaceutical companies did, in repeated, controlled laboratory trials, before human experimentation.

"If in trialling it on human beings it is shown not to be safe, they have trouble on their hands."

Mr Bowden said the trial product did not have the neurotoxic properties that Ecstasy had. He said he hoped the new pill would help Ecstasy users stop taking the illegal drug and switch to something he believes is safer.

"This is an innovative, yet commonsense approach to minimising the harm of illegal drug use."

- HERALD ON SUNDAY
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10357241
Can't find the story about the journo trying the pills though...

^ Thanks for your post. That article where the reporter tried it out would be a good read if you can find it....

Charles Bronson - One of the reasons why the ingredients haven't been disclosed is that BZP was not controlled adequately when party pills hit the shops, and now you can buy pills from anywhere and everywhere. Too many people are doing it and a fearful public is starting to panic, with the result likely to be some sort of ban by the end of the year.

But adequate control is not a function of secrecy - this product can't stay underground for long, especially if the company intends to make sales once it is launched.

Adequate control is a responsibility of the NZ government - there is absolutely no barrier that I am aware of that prevents the NZ govt from imposing legislative scheduling of the piperazines and this new compound/preparation, in a way that limits their availability - I don't even understand why they need to create that new schedule they were proposing. To me it is logical to treat these drugs like other medicines, and to make them S2/S3 (or the corresponding NZ categories), thus limiting their availability to pharmacies so that prospective users have the opportunity to liaise with a health professional who can give them some credible advice. Or any other system that works in a similar way to control their availability and allows users to obtain some credible guidance on their use.

It was a wise harm reduction move, but allowing everyone to cash in on it in a way that made it visible on every street corner of the country was fuckin stoopid. Given that overt availability, it is surprising that more users haven't encountered problems, and that fact is perhaps testament to the relative safety of the piperazines, and confirmation of the success of the somewhat radical harm-reduction principle adopted by NZ.

And if the company wants to keep it secret to protect its business interests... well unless they have a patent or some kind of other arrangement, keeping it secret now is useless because once they release the product [assuming that they will need to simultaneously disclose the chemical composition of the product for medical and legal reasons] then other companies will jump on the bandwagon quicksmart.

we'll find out what it was all about in good time.... glad they're getting positive reports so far...

heya guys i tried them last year, they seem not to bad but seemed to take a lot outta me afterward, feels very engineered long come up and very long peak and come down.........

i tried them a few times, just to make sure it wasnt set and setting and had the same reaction every time, very tired afterwards. for what they are tho they arnt to bad compared to taking things your not even sure what they are other than mdxx....

very interesting indeed :)

i very much enjoyed the structured nature of the experience, was left feeling very satisfied of the experience

Last edited:
OK ive decided to re-write my post, now that I feel 65.5% recovered and due to lack of sleep the last post started to turn grey pretty quick, oops/apologies!

I managed to locate 2 x ease (from a pack of 4), And to be honest I am amazed!!, took the pill last night (sat) 8pm, it all started to happen around 10pm!, really nice peak, and if not I found very similiar to MDXX in many ways. Found myself talking to random people, had no eye wobbles, felt very clear (not in a meth way), good co-ordination, and the peak I know was about 11pm to 2 - 3am, with nice afterglow. Colours were very bright, and I was definately chatty as ever+loved up. The comedown I think helped a bit as I only drank water+v, but not like a BZP comedown (which can take up to 2 days to recover). I posted original post at 08:41, and crashed from 9:30am+ till 10pm, with eyes shut there was still alot of rapid eye movement, but I think a couple tokes on the bong helped me to crash out rest of the day. It is now after 11pm, and I feel still a lil groggy, but not bad at all. Well im impressed, and hope the company can research more alternatives. Lets hope theres more positive outcomes than negative ones, and also better stop editing this post now.

Last edited:
very interesting indeed
somebody Get chromo on these pills
and find out whats in them.

This is semi related I guess, it was part of an email I received from one of the BZP manufacturers.

The future of BZP based Party Pills

As you may (or may not be aware) there are three ‘reports’ due to be published in NZ over the coming months concerning the effects of BZP in party pills. Given that two of these reports in particular are written by people/departments who have long come out against these products , the results are almost inevitable – its likely we are facing some rough times ahead of us. Remember, no one has ever been seriously harmed ever by these products – despite over 10 million pills being sold.

The Government here has already indicated that these reports will form the basis for decisions on the future of these products. We believe it is highly likely this will lead to a shutting down or the serious restriction of sale both in NZ and of course for export. In addition , these reports will of course have a significant bearing on what other countries outside of NZ allow in to their countries - or not.

We don’t wish to be alarmist, because we don’t have a looking glass, however, any changes and decisions will largely be immediate and will probably occur almost ‘over-night’ as happened last year . This lead to the immediate banning of advertising, limiting the strength of pills & stopping sales to young people - along with a host of other rulings ) . In effect within the next month or so, you may be unable to buy these products anymore – (legitimately that is).

If they restrict BZP then I'm sure Ease won't be far behind.

Heya chopped_chimp! I get similiar emails like that as well. Theyve got the best lawyers in NZ to back them up, as for a drug to be re-classified from Class D+banned, need medical proof that BZP does harm. Theyre still trying to find that proof as far as im aware!. EASE isnt classified yet to be illegal, so maybe theres a loophole ;) - im 'mega' stocking up on BZP+EASE just to make sure though. I hope they just change the age restriction like they did with alcohol/18+ or even 21+ like 'un-officially' EASE.

n.b. I know from watching some of my mates switch from taking illegals to legals, that if they were to ban BZP+whatever other substances. Then the govt best be pre-pared to offer more 'cheaper' rehab centres, considering ice+mdma+coke+gbl/ghb+heroin(?) is so easily avail here, to expect young clubbers+people in general to switch to drug of choice. So for the govt to ban BZP after letting it go for 5 to 6 years, they should expect chaos at rehab centres+more crime and in case harm reduction bots reading my post/hehe, it could make young people turn to meth+mdma etc twice hard as before and with prostitution being legal here, expect kids working the streets, all this because they banned BZP. Just my 5c worth.

Last edited: