PDA

View Full Version : Smoking cigs after smoking weed: Does it intensify/lesson the effects of weed?

Pages : [1] 2 3

NerdOnDrugs
17-03-2006, 11:58
I've found that smoking a cig after smoking a small/moderate amount of weed will lesson the effects of weed, but smoking a cig after smoking a large amount of weed will intensify the buzz.

But I honestly am not sure, because I have nothing to compare it to because I've never gone more than 30 minutes to have a cig after smoking weed for the 2 years.

Christ!
17-03-2006, 12:55
Yep. me and my mates noticed this a few years ago. almost everyone around here smokes 'mix, mixies' which has a % of baccy mixed in with the weed.

dirty cunts smoke 70/30 mix, i'm more of a 30/70 man myself

if you're not used to smoking tobacco with weed then you will feel more 'trashed' than normal after havin a ciggy or two, it's not THAT pleasant though.

im used to my thirty/seventy mix so i get a rush :) instead of a trashed feeling.
its really quite nice even though i know all i'm doing is supporting a very small tobacco adiction and releaving that urge; better than trying to smoke cigs IMO

south australian smoking habits by the way.

Canis aureus
17-03-2006, 12:58
I don't know but when I smoke herb, there must be tobacco blended; otherwise there is something missing.

50/50 and good tobacco... like the herb; quality matches quality.

Christ!
17-03-2006, 13:45
Canisaureus - does smoking pure green tend to make you cough more than normal? i've found after smoking mix for a few years i can't stand pure bud.

Xorkoth
17-03-2006, 16:38
I used to smoke cigs after I smoked weed... but now I find that it destroys the delicate compexity of the high and turns it into a really basic, "fucked up" buzz. In my opinion, nicotine completely ruins a good high and turns it into something boring and nasty.

blase deviant
19-03-2006, 02:49
Nicotine changes it but doesn't destroy it.

It's more like you notice the nicotine more than normal, rather than it changing the high...

ezbakeoven
19-03-2006, 03:02
tobacco buzzes suck. straight green for me

herbnlife
19-03-2006, 18:57
I don't like mixing it with the weed, but I have a tendency to smoke cigarettes after I am done with the weed. Definatley amplifies at that point.

Khadijah
19-03-2006, 20:29
We always used to have the automatic habit of a newport right after smokin. firs thting you do after you smoke a bowl. light up a port. shit just goes together right.

together, nasty. you gotta smoke your weed then light up your cigarette right after, its liek 2 connected actions. and fuck non menthol.

NerdOnDrugs
19-03-2006, 23:33
We always used to have the automatic habit of a newport right after smokin. firs thting you do after you smoke a bowl. light up a port. shit just goes together right.

together, nasty. you gotta smoke your weed then light up your cigarette right after, its liek 2 connected actions. and fuck non menthol.

I never got you menthol smokers. Don't see how you can take more than 2 drags from a Newport and not hate it. The mint is just too much.

Khadijah
20-03-2006, 00:30
Yea well i never got you non menthol smokers. i dont understand how you can take more than 2 drags and not cough your lungs up because what youre smoking tastes like the dried fecal matter scraped off a dogs asshole. :) outta the whole time i smoked, from when i was 12 to now, no matter how long i went without a cigarette if someone offered me a Red i would still go without, the shits just that nasty.

LOL

And to answer the q in the topic, it dont really make a difference to me, its just something i used to always do out of habit

Blowmonkey
20-03-2006, 01:47
Let's not try to turn this topic into a methol vs non menthol thread. ;)

Menthols are nasty shit though. =D

funks_hybrid
20-03-2006, 02:07
i actually find tobacco lessens the effect, whether it's a cigarette after a smoke, or a spliff with even a small amount of 'baccy in it.

I read this (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=195583&highlight=tobacco) thread a few weeks ago when i was wondering about this, and didn't make a thread for fear of flaming =D

ChemicalSmiles
20-03-2006, 02:13
sorry lacey but menthol sucks ;)

And imo I dont think cigs changes the high at all. I think its in your heads...kids....

drugs
20-03-2006, 02:26
I always smoke with tobacco, and everyone else I knows does too.

The major difference, especially when smoking commercial marroc hash is that the tobacco adds a 'kick'. A rushing sensation upon inhalation, which is good.=D

Blowmonkey
20-03-2006, 02:26
I think its in your heads...kids....

I don't think so, I know so actually. There's a definite synergy.

ChemicalSmiles
20-03-2006, 02:34
Well, I trust your word, but I have never experienced this synergy effect....

Kilgore
20-03-2006, 03:20
Wtf, just smoke straight weed then light up a square after you're done.

lyXw33d
20-03-2006, 03:59
Actually, studies have shown that when quantities of thc are present within the 12-35 mg range, nicotine synergizes with the cannibinoid, multiplying the effects by (estimated) 1.52-1.72 times. Mhm.

Nah but I never got any "synergy" combining bud and tobacco, maybe an interesting buzz from the cigarette lasting a few minutes, but that's it. Of course any receptor stimulation while you're high creates interesting (pleasant?) sensations, although I really doubt it'll 'intensify' the effects, literaly.

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~
20-03-2006, 03:59
Menthols are nasty shit though. =D

hey! i smoke...err...smoked menthols and they were teh best :p

i found that after smoking weed cigs tasted really unhealthy and gross which is why i quit 7 days ago. damn, i wish i had one though =[

Creakle
20-03-2006, 04:04
I love putting tobacco in my joints, but since I don't buy smokes and I don't smoke them by themselves (unless I'm drunk) I don't often have any to put in. I don't like straight-pot joints, but they do the trick. I hate cigarettes. I smoked them for a few summers, and even bought packs. Paying money to for a slow death? Fuck that shit

Blowmonkey
20-03-2006, 04:17
although I really doubt it'll 'intensify' the effects, literaly.

I get higher on 2 joints of 0.5 gr pot/0.5 gr tobacco then I get on a 1 gram pure joint. The high is more "stoned", the body-buzz is intensified. I'd call something like that a definite synergy.

texastoker
20-03-2006, 09:22
I don't really notice much of a difference but then again I only smoke cigs after a jay if i have to go to work or some kinda event where stonedness is frowned upon lol.

Khadijah
20-03-2006, 19:10
Yeaaaa yall just hate menthol cuz you white. ;)

Its more of somethin to enjoy than giving a effect doe. I can say that pretty confident.

The same way you might liek to smoke a cigarette after a BANGIN meal with steak and all the trimmings and shit, or after sex. after smoking it just goes nice. I dont think people actually do it to get fucked up....but it can be a mental thing for if you way too high and need to go somewhere, a cigarette can give you that 'normal' mindframe again. like a prop to remind you to act sober lol.

i always light a cigarette when im high and get pulled over (as a passenger, never been pulled over high cuz i jsut got my license at age 19, went thru a LOT of shit and drama to get it, and after all that i aint tryina fuck that up by drivin high and bein shook when the cops talkin to me and fuckin myself over.) but anyways, the 'decrease-the-high" cigarette helps you focus on not just wandering around in your head, you got your Port, you cool.

Creakle
20-03-2006, 21:56
Yeh, cigarettes, lighting them, holding them, smoking from them, is all about anxiety. You're nervous, so you pop out a cigarette like nail-biters chew their nails and dog-beaters beat their dogs. Or pumpkins pump their kin.

Er.... getting off track here.

Menthols are alright, but seriously, you can't even taste the tobacco, only this weird spicey mint gum flavour. I don't HATE them, but if cigarettes taste that good, I'll get addicted to those too easily... And yes, it's probably because I'm white :( I just don't have those sweet mint-loving genes :(

Blowmonkey
20-03-2006, 23:17
Yeaaaa yall just hate menthol cuz you white. ;)

Its more of somethin to enjoy than giving a effect doe. I can say that pretty confident.

You aren't white?

But wait, lot's of people in this thread basically are saying that there is no such thing as getting effects from tobacco? We're on a fucking drugs site.. Noone bothered to search for some pharmacology lessons? Nicotine affects nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and it affects dopamine receptors INDEFINITELY. These effects synergize with THC's effects. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

`bLow?
21-03-2006, 17:40
i cant believe there are still people denying that tobacco enhances THC..do some research.

Khadijah
21-03-2006, 23:35
You aren't white?

But wait, lot's of people in this thread basically are saying that there is no such thing as getting effects from tobacco? We're on a fucking drugs site.. Noone bothered to search for some pharmacology lessons? Nicotine affects nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and it affects dopamine receptors INDEFINITELY. These effects synergize with THC's effects. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

Nah it was a joke.

remember the dave chappele skit....

"why do black people like menthol?"

'i dont know."

"CORRECT!!"

It seems like if you like menthol, you just like it, and thats just what it is. and you will never cross over. it dont matter what race you are. but i never seen a black dude smokin a red, shit.

it does seem like for some reason more white people prefer non menthol, but then again that could just be most white people on this site. i dont really get peoples opinions on it in real life LOL.

anyways....

Mind-Melt
22-03-2006, 00:30
i dont really care about the change in the high... i smoke a cig after herb because i <3 the taste.

`bLow?
22-03-2006, 15:09
Nah it was a joke.

remember the dave chappele skit....

"why do black people like menthol?"

'i dont know."

"CORRECT!!"

It seems like if you like menthol, you just like it, and thats just what it is. and you will never cross over. it dont matter what race you are. but i never seen a black dude smokin a red, shit.

it does seem like for some reason more white people prefer non menthol, but then again that could just be most white people on this site. i dont really get peoples opinions on it in real life LOL.

anyways....

honestly..menthol was marketed to blacks originally. but it is a fact that they seem to like menthol much more than whites.

Approximately three of every four African American smokers prefer menthol cigarettes. Among whites, approximately a quarter of smokers prefer menthol cigarettes. Menthol may facilitate absorption of harmful cigarette smoke constituents.1

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/sgr_1998/sgr-min-fs-afr.htm

drug_wench
22-03-2006, 16:04
all drugs potentiate or effect each other in some way
smoking a cigarette after weed makes it more stimulating for me
hell isnt evrything better on weed!

`bLow?
22-03-2006, 16:31
all drugs potentiate or effect each other in some way
smoking a cigarette after weed makes it more stimulating for me
hell isnt evrything better on weed!

yes, but thats the point of the thread heh. not all drugs potentiate one another. the "effect" it could have might be negative, although in this case it isnt.

Khadijah
22-03-2006, 16:34
honestly..menthol was marketed to blacks originally. but it is a fact that they seem to like menthol much more than whites.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/sgr_1998/sgr-min-fs-afr.htm

that shit about menthol making cancerous chemicals absorb more dont suprise me...We always used to say...if you gonna get cancer, do it with the best! the harshest, nastiest menthol you can get...NEWPORT BABY!!

Shit i guess i just dont like to do shit half-assed 8) ;)

I agree w/ drug wench doe....

dasani
22-03-2006, 16:48
Actually, studies have shown that when quantities of thc are present within the 12-35 mg range, nicotine synergizes with the cannibinoid, multiplying the effects by (estimated) 1.52-1.72 times. Mhm.

Nah but I never got any "synergy" combining bud and tobacco, maybe an interesting buzz from the cigarette lasting a few minutes, but that's it. Of course any receptor stimulation while you're high creates interesting (pleasant?) sensations, although I really doubt it'll 'intensify' the effects, literaly.

Not that I doubt you, but can I see your source on those numbers?

chernobyl
22-03-2006, 18:28
Me and my buddies smoke alot of pot, and then probably about half an hour after we go out to the garage [Canadian Weather, folks.] for smokes.
Annnd then usually end up rolling a few more.

But yeah, we noticed it too, so we like to get our effects before we go out for smokes. Smoking cigs before, during AND after you smoke pot is great too.

omgitserock
23-03-2006, 08:20
I loooovvveee a Kool after a blizzy. aaahhhh yes!

*runs away to the car with a cd case and a Swisher*

ToxicFerret
23-03-2006, 08:30
I find that a cigarette after a bowl or a blunt or something really chills me out in that nice relaxed tobacco way, which is nice for reducing what little paranoia there is sometimes.

Tha Ghost
23-03-2006, 10:11
smoking after weed may make youfeel higher for a bit but it really dose change the original weed feeling and thats stupid so i dont smoke ciggs when i smoke weed.

lyXw33d
23-03-2006, 13:38
Not that I doubt you, but can I see your source on those numbers?

Hehe nah I was joking when I said Actually, studies have shown that when quantities of thc are present within the 12-35 mg range, nicotine synergizes with the cannibinoid, multiplying the effects by (estimated) 1.52-1.72 times. Mhm.

So in case anyone else saw that, and didn't catch on, it was a joke to underline the absurdity of the claim that it 'multiplies' the high.

i cant believe there are still people denying that tobacco enhances THC..do some research.
I'd love to see some 'research' on nicotine and thc interaction that points to the 'synnergy.' You can find studies that show nicotine cravings are heightened when thc is administered (if you satisfy a crave on weed I'm guessing you'll feel good, some dopamine release, maybe that is what you're talking about).

If you're not a nicotine addict, however, you'll just experience the nicotine buzz that may normally nauseate you, but being high you only feel a strange euphoric buzz for a few seconds/minutes.

But that doesn't mean it potentiates the fuckin high.

Now if this discussion was about the interaction of alcohol and bud, that'd be something else :).

Blowmonkey
23-03-2006, 16:13
If you're not a nicotine addict, however, you'll just experience the nicotine buzz that may normally nauseate you, but being high you only feel a strange euphoric buzz for a few seconds/minutes.

But that doesn't mean it potentiates the fuckin high.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, yes, it does. Have you skipped over my reply? Know what the pharmacology behind nicotine is? I'll just sum it up right here:

As nicotine enters the body, it quickly gets distributed through the bloodstream and can cross the blood-brain barrier. On average it takes about seven seconds for the substance to reach the brain. It acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. In small concentrations it increases the activity of these receptors, among other things leading to an increased flow of adrenaline, a stimulating hormone. The release of adrenaline causes an increase in heart rate, blood pressure and respiration, as well as higher glucose levels in the blood. Cotinine is a break-down product of nicotine which remains in the blood for up to 48 hours and can be used as an indicator of a person's exposure to smoke. In high doses, nicotine will cause a depolarizing block of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which is the reason for its toxicity and its effectiveness as an insecticide.

In addition, nicotine increases dopamine levels in the reward circuits of the brain. Studies have shown that smoking tobacco inhibits monoamine oxidase (MAO), an enzyme responsible for breaking down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, in the brain. It is currently believed that nicotine by itself does not inhibit the production of monoamine oxidase (MAO), but that other ingredients in inhaled tobacco smoke are believed to be responsible for this activity. In this way, it generates feelings of pleasure.

Now, tell me, are these effects non-existant or not? I think not. Do cannabis and nicotine cancel each other out? I think not. Now what do they do if they don't cancel each other out? They synergize. Congratulations.

gandimcfropps
23-03-2006, 19:41
i mix green and tobacco when i roll because i like joints but it hurts me really deep to see all the run-off smoke floating away when you got 75$/8th sensimilla...but ahh...i know that they do work together chemically also..

lyXw33d
23-03-2006, 20:48
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, yes, it does. Have you skipped over my reply? Know what the pharmacology behind nicotine is? I'll just sum it up right here:

Quote:
As nicotine enters the body, it quickly gets distributed through the bloodstream and can cross the blood-brain barrier. On average it takes about seven seconds for the substance to reach the brain. It acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. In small concentrations it increases the activity of these receptors, among other things leading to an increased flow of adrenaline, a stimulating hormone. The release of adrenaline causes an increase in heart rate, blood pressure and respiration, as well as higher glucose levels in the blood. Cotinine is a break-down product of nicotine which remains in the blood for up to 48 hours and can be used as an indicator of a person's exposure to smoke. In high doses, nicotine will cause a depolarizing block of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which is the reason for its toxicity and its effectiveness as an insecticide.

In addition, nicotine increases dopamine levels in the reward circuits of the brain. Studies have shown that smoking tobacco inhibits monoamine oxidase (MAO), an enzyme responsible for breaking down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, in the brain. It is currently believed that nicotine by itself does not inhibit the production of monoamine oxidase (MAO), but that other ingredients in inhaled tobacco smoke are believed to be responsible for this activity. In this way, it generates feelings of pleasure.

Now, tell me, are these effects non-existant or not? I think not.
Blowmonkey, common, you're better than this. Of COURSE nicotine has existent, potent effects, greatly increased by cannabis intoxication. If you chekced out the thread elektra started I made several posts defending nicotine's obviously present effects.

But that doesn' t mean the 1-2 hour high is somehow enhanced for that entire duration. The mao inhibition is present but not strong enough to create an outstanding release of dopamine when you combine cannabis and nicotine. Something that IS synergetic with cannabis is Alcohol.

I'm also saying this because smoking a cigarette produces such varying results when you're high. If you're not a regular tobacco smoker, you most likely won't get this great 'woah I'm so stoned' synergy.

Do cannabis and nicotine cancel each other out? I think not. Now what do they do if they don't cancel each other out? They synergize. Congratulations.

No need to congratulate me, but thanks. Synnergy is the effect of two or more substances working together to produce an effect that is greater than the sum of the parts, so to say. If they don't cancel each other out they're synergizing? Deffinitely not ;).

However, I think we can all agree upon the fact that things feel better on weed, though. I won't argue that one hehe.

Gryzer
01-08-2008, 22:49
I find that cigarettes can temporarily 'smother' the high from weed if smoked soon after. 1-2 hours later it can bring the high back a little for a short time.

MoRivera42
01-08-2008, 22:52
I crave a cig after I smoke pot, but I never felt like I got "higher".

PriestTheyCalledHim
02-08-2008, 05:09
When I smoked I thought that tobacco (both menthol and non-menthol cigs and regular cigars-whoever heard of a menthol cigar?) went better with booze than THC.

ganja_man
02-08-2008, 06:13
when i consume weed (smoked, eated or vaporized) I sometimes take a pinch of Skoal fine cute tobacco(it is the one the you spit, gross bwf?), it greatly enhances the high

IncorrigibleHulk
02-08-2008, 11:19
I find smoking cigs definitely relieves anxiety when stoned, so I always give one to my friends who freak out (n00bs, y'all. n00bs). But I almost always smoke a cig after pot, if only to get rid of the smell. I find it helps me stay high, yet still be able to focus on shit.

Oh, and I smoke lights, but if someone offers me a red or a menthol (stepdad smokes reds, sister smokes menthols), I snatch that shit up. Every once in a while, I find them to be a special treat.

shamus
02-08-2008, 16:03
No need to congratulate me, but thanks. Synnergy is the effect of two or more substances working together to produce an effect that is greater than the sum of the parts, so to say. If they don't cancel each other out they're synergizing? Deffinitely not ;).

While MAOB inhibition on a sober person (ie. what a cigarette does) is considered somewhat pleasurable, a stoned person should feel considerably more fucked (not necessarily good or bad) as they've got much more dopamine hanging about.

Nicotine always seems to affect me most when my brain is most susceptible (eg. intoxicated/fasted/stressed). I would definately call this synergy.

4EverTweakin
02-08-2008, 17:48
Yep. me and my mates noticed this a few years ago. almost everyone around here smokes 'mix, mixies' which has a % of baccy mixed in with the weed.

dirty cunts smoke 70/30 mix, i'm more of a 30/70 man myself

if you're not used to smoking tobacco with weed then you will feel more 'trashed' than normal after havin a ciggy or two, it's not THAT pleasant though.

im used to my thirty/seventy mix so i get a rush :) instead of a trashed feeling.
its really quite nice even though i know all i'm doing is supporting a very small tobacco adiction and releaving that urge; better than trying to smoke cigs IMO

south australian smoking habits by the way.

Mate, what's your mix? 70% reefer or 70% baccy?

I do love a spliff (tobacco/weed) every now and then.

Ho-Chi-Minh
03-08-2008, 03:26
one time i was smokin up a bowl wit about a hit of bacc in it. Sure enough, i felt this cool rush and sighed in comfort when i hit the bacc. Seemed like the bacc makes you feel real good and takes away anxiety which makes the weed better.

but if that bitch tries to adddict me i shall never smoke thee again!!!!!!!!8o 8o 8o :! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

im sorry......drunk:| :| :|