• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking cigs after smoking weed: Does it intensify/lesson the effects of weed?

i mix green and tobacco when i roll because i like joints but it hurts me really deep to see all the run-off smoke floating away when you got 75$/8th sensimilla...but ahh...i know that they do work together chemically also..

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, yes, it does. Have you skipped over my reply? Know what the pharmacology behind nicotine is? I'll just sum it up right here:

Quote:
As nicotine enters the body, it quickly gets distributed through the bloodstream and can cross the blood-brain barrier. On average it takes about seven seconds for the substance to reach the brain. It acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. In small concentrations it increases the activity of these receptors, among other things leading to an increased flow of adrenaline, a stimulating hormone. The release of adrenaline causes an increase in heart rate, blood pressure and respiration, as well as higher glucose levels in the blood. Cotinine is a break-down product of nicotine which remains in the blood for up to 48 hours and can be used as an indicator of a person's exposure to smoke. In high doses, nicotine will cause a depolarizing block of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which is the reason for its toxicity and its effectiveness as an insecticide.

In addition, nicotine increases dopamine levels in the reward circuits of the brain. Studies have shown that smoking tobacco inhibits monoamine oxidase (MAO), an enzyme responsible for breaking down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, in the brain. It is currently believed that nicotine by itself does not inhibit the production of monoamine oxidase (MAO), but that other ingredients in inhaled tobacco smoke are believed to be responsible for this activity. In this way, it generates feelings of pleasure.

Now, tell me, are these effects non-existant or not? I think not.
Blowmonkey, common, you're better than this. Of COURSE nicotine has existent, potent effects, greatly increased by cannabis intoxication. If you chekced out the thread elektra started I made several posts defending nicotine's obviously present effects.

But that doesn' t mean the 1-2 hour high is somehow enhanced for that entire duration. The mao inhibition is present but not strong enough to create an outstanding release of dopamine when you combine cannabis and nicotine. Something that IS synergetic with cannabis is Alcohol.

I'm also saying this because smoking a cigarette produces such varying results when you're high. If you're not a regular tobacco smoker, you most likely won't get this great 'woah I'm so stoned' synergy.

Do cannabis and nicotine cancel each other out? I think not. Now what do they do if they don't cancel each other out? They synergize. Congratulations.

No need to congratulate me, but thanks. Synnergy is the effect of two or more substances working together to produce an effect that is greater than the sum of the parts, so to say. If they don't cancel each other out they're synergizing? Deffinitely not ;).

However, I think we can all agree upon the fact that things feel better on weed, though. I won't argue that one hehe.

Last edited:
I find that cigarettes can temporarily 'smother' the high from weed if smoked soon after. 1-2 hours later it can bring the high back a little for a short time.

When I smoked I thought that tobacco (both menthol and non-menthol cigs and regular cigars-whoever heard of a menthol cigar?) went better with booze than THC.

when i consume weed (smoked, eated or vaporized) I sometimes take a pinch of Skoal fine cute tobacco(it is the one the you spit, gross bwf?), it greatly enhances the high

I find smoking cigs definitely relieves anxiety when stoned, so I always give one to my friends who freak out (n00bs, y'all. n00bs). But I almost always smoke a cig after pot, if only to get rid of the smell. I find it helps me stay high, yet still be able to focus on shit.

Oh, and I smoke lights, but if someone offers me a red or a menthol (stepdad smokes reds, sister smokes menthols), I snatch that shit up. Every once in a while, I find them to be a special treat.

lyXw33d said:
No need to congratulate me, but thanks. Synnergy is the effect of two or more substances working together to produce an effect that is greater than the sum of the parts, so to say. If they don't cancel each other out they're synergizing? Deffinitely not ;).

While MAOB inhibition on a sober person (ie. what a cigarette does) is considered somewhat pleasurable, a stoned person should feel considerably more fucked (not necessarily good or bad) as they've got much more dopamine hanging about.

Nicotine always seems to affect me most when my brain is most susceptible (eg. intoxicated/fasted/stressed). I would definately call this synergy.

Christ! said:
Yep. me and my mates noticed this a few years ago. almost everyone around here smokes 'mix, mixies' which has a % of baccy mixed in with the weed.

dirty cunts smoke 70/30 mix, i'm more of a 30/70 man myself

if you're not used to smoking tobacco with weed then you will feel more 'trashed' than normal after havin a ciggy or two, it's not THAT pleasant though.

im used to my thirty/seventy mix so i get a rush :) instead of a trashed feeling.
its really quite nice even though i know all i'm doing is supporting a very small tobacco adiction and releaving that urge; better than trying to smoke cigs IMO

south australian smoking habits by the way.

Mate, what's your mix? 70% reefer or 70% baccy?

I do love a spliff (tobacco/weed) every now and then.

one time i was smokin up a bowl wit about a hit of bacc in it. Sure enough, i felt this cool rush and sighed in comfort when i hit the bacc. Seemed like the bacc makes you feel real good and takes away anxiety which makes the weed better.

but if that bitch tries to adddict me i shall never smoke thee again!!!!!!!!8o 8o 8o :! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

im sorry......drunk:| :| :|

i like the feeling, that first drag off your cigarette after a great smoking session... its so fresh and you seem to be more sensitive as the smoke goes down your throat, you really feel it

The answer to your question is smoke a blunt... .There is definite synergy working here folks

Def makes it more intense. Especially menthol cigs. Oddly enough smoking cigs with my weed is how I picked up the habit in the first place lol.

I had a cigarette while stoned a long time ago -- from what I recall, I couldn't feel a damn thing (except the cigarette smoke raping my throat & lungs).

The nicotine buzz is so shitty anyway IMO (aside from your first cigarette), why bother risking addiction and inhaling carcinogens?

Shrooms00087 said:
It's all placebo, there's no science behind it
Huh??

Shrooms00087 said:
It's all placebo, there's no science behind it
I also doubt that theres any science against it. I would say all of the anecdotes told here are probably enough proof to show that there's some good synergy, at least for people addicted to cigs.

I have a tendency to want a cigarette after I do anything that makes me feel good, eating, getting stoned, whatever.
I didnt like the combo until i was addicted to them. Before i was a addicted they would just make me nervous, paranoid, and uncomfortable after getting stoned.

Last edited:
I always have a cig after weed. smooths the buzz out and lowers my anxiety down a bit. i usually dont smoke weed very often unless i have a small dose benzo/a bit of lyrica, because it does flare up my anxiety. though when i smoke herb on the benzos i try not to smoke my cig because cigs cancel out benzos.

Yeah, I've only noticed that it intensifies the effects but only after I smoke a menthol. I've tried smoking all types of regular full-flavored cigarettes but none of them do the same as a menthol. Normally I'd say it's because the nicotine increases your blood flow; whereas, I'm pretty sure THC slows it down a little, but it wouldn't go along with the fact that I've noticed it with menthol and not full-flavored or light cigarettes