Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gvl

bustabraincell

Bluelighter
I have recently been sampling a bit of GVL, it seems a tatsty, legal alternative for gbl, although not as intense, but longer lasting, and yes, it is possible to "tip up" on it. It also seems very addictive (or maybe the effects are "moreish"). I was wondering if anyone has been using this long term, or what health issues are there. I feel that it cant do yr liver much good, and wonder if there is a way to turn it into something closer to GHB. Also , is there a way to convert n-butaric acid to gamma?

GVL, or 4-Hydroxy pentanoic acid, aka Gamma Valerolactone cas # 108-29-2 is a restricted chemical in Australia. Under the Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Drug Manufacture GVL is a category # 1 substance classified as an illicit drug precursor or reagent.

This chemical is therefore in the same catergory as MDMA precursors and starting materials, heroin making chemicals and methcathinone, to name a few.

Please don't underestimate the range of powers that the code of practice has. GVL is far from a legal alternative.

In regards to converting things to GHB; there are many chemicals that can act as precursors to G compounds, or be metabolized in a similar fashion to GBL. However, this is not the place to ask such questions.

well thanks for that, seems i bin misinformed...and that it was too nice to be legal...

It's a schedule 1 illicit drug precursor/reagent. To take legal possession of it you must hold an account with the supply company, and must sign an EUD. Check line 6, page 9 of the above link.

1,4B must have been a difficult one to schedule as so much is used in the plastics industry alone. It shows that the Industry code is working effectively, and that most companies are willing to do the paperwork. But one wonders how much allowed waste occurs with various processes.

It's important not to forget recent changes made to state laws regarding manufacturing penalties. Penalties have been significantly increased, and extended to include possession of drug precursors and starting materials. Don't be fooled into thinking possession of 1,4 would be anything less serious than for GHB.

Hmm... from what i've seen - regarding the legality side of things - when people are done with the said substance the product is just 'tipped' out infront of them.. seems the police cant be bothered with the paperwork either. I'd think if found with something more of a 'commercial' quantity (several litres or so) they'd kick up more of a fuss. All times i've seen or heard of this happening it's been about half a litre (give or take a hundred ml) or a smaller amount. although half a litre is quite the trafikable amount.

GVL Harm?

I have raised this before, but had no answers I am really looking for, and it is a couple of months down the track... I have been using GVL for about three months, now, maybe for three to four weeks at a time, and having a few days or a week off. I havent really had any side affects, except smelly urine and sweat. Does anyone know where I can find studies or info into using this stuff? I have also been taking acetyl l- carnitine as a supllement, and can really reccomend it.

Dude GVL is such an unresearched chemical, you're gonna be lucky to find anyone who knows much about it. All I know is the tiny amount I've read on erowid, so unless their vault is outrageously out of date, you're probably among one of only a couple hundred people worldwide to have taken the shit from what I can tell.

nick cave

heh he, was it the nick cave song, 'do you love me' that says 'going boldly where no man has bothered to go'?

GVL is readily available alot of supplement stores.... So how is that legal then?

It possibly isn't. Another thought is that the product abbreviated "GVL" is another substance altogether.

Perhaps it is really the 4-Hydroxy pentanoic acid. It might seem weird, but there are a few products on the drug diversion code of practice which are available as legal or quasi-legal products.