Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

why dont you do psychedelics

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
how come like 10% of you guys do psychedelics and the other 90% are pill/speed consumers, do you guys do psych's and are just quiet about it, or is it just availablity stopping you from doing them? maybe you just cant handle them?

why do you guys not do psychedelics because im really keen to start tripping a bit more but people are just too into the speed and pill culture that everyone forgets about us psychonauts, it would be really nice to get some acid or mushies around here but i doubt it, the nest thing that will come through will be base and more base and ice and pills and nothing interesting.

are there more psychonauts around that get any decent psychedelics (not sourcing just want to know whats in australia) other than acid and shroomies coz thats all ive ever seen around here and that connection is gone.

also put what state or city your in too pls, dont be too specific.

Availability is no issue for me anymore (especially for mushies).

It's the town I live in and how many fucking fry-outs, schiz-outs and dead-brains there are from the last generations acid-frenzy I know around here that is one factor in turning me off. Another is social-anxiety and depression which I have been farely successful in battling, without the assistance of medications I have been prescribed but never taken.

Then there is the "get fucked up" mentality of a large portion of psychedelic users I have met or know. This isn't the type of environment I would be interested in exploring psychedelic substances in.

The rest of the "mind-expanders, psychonauts...ad nauseam" I know/see occasionally...well, really, as far as I am concerned a lot of them are assholes. Mind expansion becomes new-age pretentious trite, ego-loss becomes conceited ego-tripping...etc. Burn outs with spiritual verbosity.

This isn't meant to offend anyone - if you're not this type of person, it shouldn't bother you, really.

I'm in Nth QLD.

I know of:

DMT- in powdery form and in a full on crystalline state.

Bufotenine- The fastest growing drug in Oz, it is slowly getting it's way across the country and has now even been spotted in kakadu...

Ibogaine
Ketamine (to an extent)
DOB
LSD
Salvia Divinorum
Magic Mushrooms- Mainly Blue Meanies and Gold Tops

SpecTBK=D

have you had DOB on blotter or in pure form? same with salvia thats illegal, did you have it when it was legal?

and are people actually doing bufotenine? fuck that, isnt it supposed to be/feel really toxic and not fun at all?

I find alot of people dont do psych's because of the "that shit will fry your head man" type mentality yet they go off and smoke meth without an issue, this is mostly raver types. Psychedelic's are about as easy to pie to find when you know enough about them ect.... but generally its easyer to snort a line of meth or eat a pill and socialize or get munted, but you cant really eat a few mushies or a tab and act reletively normal plus probably the lenth of the experience is somthing as in if you go to a club and eat some cid at 1am you will still be tripping hard after the club has shut and you wanna go home, cant drive while tripping but most people will find they are able to drive after a night if they drop the pill at 1am. I find psych users are pretty selective, ive had heeps of mates that were interested in psychs and i showed them a psychedelic experience but i find that its not for alot of people.

I just dont like feeling that out of control, I like to be able to function when I am intoxicated. I guess my desire is to be a functional addict. LOL!

I enjoy the ephora of e and speed. It makes me happy and sociable plus makes me talkitive.

Tripping makes you see shit and everyone around you thinks your a weirdo freak (when talking to a mail box for isntance)

i can get shrooms and good LSD most the time but sometimes it seems like there's just nothing for a good 2-3 months (LSD)

tripping is something i do not very often, maybe 5 times max a year. it's something more of an experience than 'just having fun' like with pills and meth.

i guess i take pills and speed more often because they're more social.

not many people hang out for a trip on friday, pills and speed on the other hand...

im in adelaide so im suprised we can get LSD so easy, anyone know how it compares with the other states? i know melb. gets mushies, was out for a walk in the parklands and came across a few hundred or so subs! wasn't even looking for them.

Once you have delved very deeply in psychedelics I see two things happen:

a) Become accustomed to the effects and continue using regularly perhaps without the same insight that might have been experience at first.

b) Get over them and embrace the insight and experiences they provided.

I fit into group b, I know its a vast generalisation but I think its generally accurate. During my heavy psychedelic exploration I was using:

Mushrooms
LSD
---Liquid
---Blotter
---Microdots
LSA
Salvia
Ketamine
Mescaline
---Cactus
---Mescaline Sulphate
DMT
2C-I
2C-B

Now I have had break-through experiences with mushrooms, DMT and Salvia many times and tried my hardest to analyse these with some success. I have seen friends do the same, unfortunately some people that just keep jumping back in for the eye candy or headf*ck I'm not sure which.
I also agree with the suggestion that some (SOME) people get so caught up in this ego-loss, self awareness and spiritual power trip that they seem to become blinded to failings of there own regarding acceptance of others for who they may be. Sadly I also see people loose the ability to understand peoples differences in perception of the world and themselves... sometimes the entire reason the user started using the drugs to start with.

So in short I suppose the reason I don't do psychedelics often is because I have been there done that. Feel I have gained as much as I can from the experience for now and feel content with more trivial drugs... that's what I consider other less intellectual drugs.

So no, its defiantly not availability, in-fact they seem to be some of the most prevalent substances around

i fined e n speed boring and 1 dimensional.

psychs are amazing but not really in social environments.

Having said that i dont do them often. I just do's what i feels. Right know ill have a few beers if i feel the need to and a smoke. And some benzo's if i cant sleep. Right now the thaught of a pill disguists me, been there done that, Speed- Id do depending on wats on the next day but im not out top find it, i dont have any solid connects and am content with that. Acid yeah i feel like tripping alot more, though id perfer shrooms for the shorter duration, and im eager to combine both with nitrous. Basically i don't care if some 'cool' people see me talking to a letter box. ( id rather talk to a letter box than some one buzzing or peeking) I don't try figure out the deaper meaning of acid and shrooms i just appreciate the beuty of nature and the eye candy and all other kinds of perceptual enhancements/distortions. And as for k, I can see myself kondukting for empircal keteralated experiment's involving myself mainly. afte i get my sound sistem of course.

Last edited:
There are plenty of psychedelic users around - even in the rave and club scene. It's just that most raves and clubs aren't the right environment to be tripping. They do tend to be overshadowed by the speed and pill users mainly because there are just plain more of them but also because users tend to keep their discussions between other like-minded users. If you don't already, start reading the psychedelic forum. There are a few Aussies around there.

There are also plenty of psychedelic drugs around, if you know where to look. Think outside the box, there are things that dealers just don't keep in stock.

the_ketaman said:
it would be really nice to get some acid or mushies around here but i doubt it

where do you live? unless its somewhere really arid mushrooms are probably growing somewhere nearby.

MG and HBWR seeds can easily be bought from a few australian internet sites*. the same goes for a range of mescaline containing cacti (both Trichocereus and Lophophora) and many DMT containing plants. spend a little time searching and youll find them. if there is a lack of psychedelics in your area be proactive and order some organic ones of your own, you never know you might even enjoy growing them (especially cacti)

i live in melbourne and i love psychedelics. here gettin good acid is all about having a hook into the right groups. mushrooms grow everywhere in the winter months so there is no problems there. ive never come across pure mescaline but i have quite a nice collection of cacti in my backyard (not that i would eat any of them, that would be breaking the law ;)).

i very rarely have access to 2c compounds but i often hear of others having them. DMT is everywhere, with some basic chemistry and knowledge of appropriate plants you can have as much as you want (within reason). despite S. divinorum being an illegal plant many people here still grow it in the privacy of their back yards. aside from that i cant think of anything else you could possibly want.

* im not suggesting you but these seeds/plants to eat, they are sold for ornamental purposes

when i do drugs i like to feel good, not like i am lost inside my own mind.

eddy1514 said:
when i do drugs i like to feel good, not like i am lost inside my own mind.

You can get higher on acid than you can on E, like e happiness stays at a certain level but on acid the level of happy you can experience is limitless also can go the other way and take you to hell, hell teaches you somthing about your life that you might be doing wrong with which makes it more benificial, most of my better trips have been to either ends of the emotion spectrum (plus like other emotions I dident know existed) becauses generally after any psychedelic experience you level out.

well im pretty fucked up in the head as it is. everytime i have tripped (mushrooms only) i got stuck in a self loathing hole in which i could not get out of. Even with a perfect set/setting, i always get this feeling of "what am i supposed to be doing with myself?", which i think reflects on my life as a whole, because i really have no idea what im doing with myself. either way, i don't find them enjoyable in the least bit. Sure, seeing crazy patterns melt around on the carpet is cool, but it isnt worth it. i like drugs that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside (opiates/e)

At least in the terms of manmade/altered psychedelics - I have done them enough to have learned my lesson and I am no longer interested.

There will -always- be a time for mushrooms, but acid and RC's are in the past.

the_ketaman said:
have you had DOB on blotter or in pure form? same with salvia thats illegal, did you have it when it was legal?

and are people actually doing bufotenine? fuck that, isnt it supposed to be/feel really toxic and not fun at all?

DOB- I haven't had. I probably never will have it because quite simply my source of DOB obtains a 22hr trip- DOB. I have no situations that call for a 20hr trip.

Bufo- Yeah man. Bleed the Poison sacks on the Cane toad and cut sick, a dude was opening a Animal Prk up here and he went broke so the administrators obviously had to have zookeepers in there to look after the animals and there was a story in the newspaper with a pic of this chimp holding a toad in one hand and staring at the sky. This Chimp has been bashing toads for about a year now- giving them a good whack then licking the toads and staring stoned into the sky. That's the Cane toad solution- we need Chimps in the wild!!!

Salvia- I didn't take drugs when it was classed illegal so no I didn't, but don't worry It was worth it- so what if it's illega so are all the other durgs we take...

We also get- 2-CB, 2-CI etc... lotsa plentya Psychadelics... Bush Doof capital of australia you go to a rave up here you don't see people bouncing around like Syd and Melb you just see people in another world staring at the sky.

Myself I Like my psycadelics but I prefer my Stimulants- My fave drugs are Salvia and DMT. I like tripping balls I just feel the LSD headfuck in a crowd is not worth the high- Acid is a friend gathering drug not a 1,000 People in a shed drug. I feel Claustraphobic on LSD in a closed space in the open I'm fine... BTW- I am not Claustraphobic!!!

SpecTBK=D

bikki_muncher69 said:
You can get higher on acid than you can on E, like e happiness stays at a certain level but on acid the level of happy you can experience is limitless also can go the other way and take you to hell, hell teaches you somthing about your life that you might be doing wrong with which makes it more benificial, most of my better trips have been to either ends of the emotion spectrum (plus like other emotions I dident know existed) becauses generally after any psychedelic experience you level out.

People that like Acid frustrate me with this- It teaches me, gives me the answers to my problems I love acid because it is my *Jot Doiner* *tot do tots*.... It's all part of the journey- My journey to find myself bla bla bla...... Shut the FUCK UP before I break a chair over your head I feel like saying sometimes- Always talking over people and interupting them, being Neive, always right never wrong, Arrogant- May the list continue.... Acid is half the reason you find yourself in these patterns

Acid is bad I know tooo many people that are gone the rest of their lives because of it-
Wandering in circles thinking that some teenager is your mum scaring the fuck out of everyday people who have no idea what this knuckle dragging species is, whacking sticks on the ground chanting *die die die* then all of a sudden placing the stick down like they are sorry for hurting the stick, but before they leave the stick they give him a good ole pat on the branch *i mean head* and apologising. Then madly running off into the bush running around making sounds of wild boars.......

Get yourself out of the Squircle before the Squircles and Squexes get you! Also watch out for the Screctangles!

As for bikki muncher I am not saying you are some knuckle dragging Neanderthal- I am merely saying what I have seen people fall into... But as for your *solution LSD* I think you are just full of shit- MR Braincooker does not answer your problems- Acid just makes you think and think and think, that's all it is you think you are thinking and solving solutions- really you are just making up some bullshit situation in your mind that you probably never were in to start with and now magically have come up with this solution to get you out of the situation that never existed because you fell into the Squircle and lost yourself...

SpecTBK=D