View Full Version : Black MDMA

slopoke
16-02-2006, 22:07
Sixth article down, Photo 7:

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0405/mg0405.html

Pillreport:

http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=2413

Discuss :D

p.s. in the ecstasy forum, i didnt think the responses would be as... good :)

fastandbulbous
16-02-2006, 22:53
Reading it, that doesn't sound like an impurity from its synthesis (they all tend to smell like dandilion&burdock/sasparilla soft drinks, not fertilizer), but something added after the synthesis. As to what was added, your guess is as good as mine

lifeisforliving
16-02-2006, 22:54
Well, all that can be said is that if it was MDMA, it was MDMA that was mixed/crystallized from a very impure mixture (intentionally or unintentionally).

slopoke
16-02-2006, 23:19
Would there be a particular part of a synthesis that would produce the black colouring?

Or more likely impure starting products?

Any chemists want to share information that i'll probably not understand? lol

fastandbulbous
16-02-2006, 23:37
Not that I'm aware of - reddish-brown yes, but not black (and smelling like fertilizer, don't forget!)

TheDEA.org
17-02-2006, 00:26
Got to agree with F&B; this has likely been cut with something else. I've never heard of MDMA coming out of a synth of any sort, no matter how sloppy, with a black coloration (or anything close to it.)

It's possible that this odd form was part of a smuggling method (perhaps it was once part of big solid blocks that were later crushed up?)

DiamondDealer
17-02-2006, 00:50
my theory would be that it was done to either A) To mask what it really was or B) to sell as "black x" I imagine in Daytona you could charge upwards of $30 or more for something like that.

Being in Florida, I have seen alot of weird things lately, such as gelatin MDA monkeys.

hussness
17-02-2006, 04:11
Gelatin MDA monkeys? That sounds kind of interesting...in a weird way...Tell me more...

fastandbulbous
17-02-2006, 04:40
Being in Florida, I have seen alot of weird things lately, such as gelatin MDA monkeys.

Does that sound like the beginning of a dark & twisted tale about sex & drugs to anybody?

Or somebody who's just had too much acid!?

phase_dancer
17-02-2006, 05:30
Black cocaine is has been reported where charcoal and/ or iron dust have been added to mask the smell. Could it be that this also works for MDMA?

http://www.emergency.com/clmbdeal.htm

Cat Again
17-02-2006, 06:48

Are you sure this is MDA?

I remmeber reading a while ago in the psychedelic forum about RC's going around in gelatin candy.

hussness
17-02-2006, 07:05
Black cocaine is has been reported where charcoal and/ or iron dust have been added to mask the smell. Could it be that this also works for MDMA?

http://www.emergency.com/clmbdeal.htm

I can't quite remember, but I think the big article National Geographic did ten or fifteen years ago about cocaine production mentioned this too. Anyone remeber that article?

Phat_bass49
17-02-2006, 11:52
Someone do a wash on it to see if they can remove the colour?

slopoke
17-02-2006, 13:16
I'd do it.... if i had any wahhhhhhhh! :(

specialspack
17-02-2006, 15:39
I've seen crystal mdma that looked black - a kind of liquorice, or like a black fruit pastille (if you know what I mean!).

This was only really clear when it was in a large rock - the crushed powder was the usual off-white/pale brown colour that impure MDMA has.

On a related note, that pillreports link features someone boasting about 85% pure MDMA. Does anyone know figures for the average purity of street MDMA? I've always assumed it to be fairly high (80-90% ).

Groovstarr
17-02-2006, 18:46
I came across some black MDMA crystal last year. I was quite surprised to see it in that colour. I joked and said it looked like rat droppings or iron filings at the time.

In the end it turned out to be of a very good quality.

DiamondDealer
18-02-2006, 17:28
Im as sure as you can be withou testing that the monkeys were MDA. In the next couple of days I'll write up a trip report. I would have done it sooner, but alas I am lazy. I'll try and get some pictures up also.

nuke
18-02-2006, 19:41
I've seen crystal mdma that looked black - a kind of liquorice, or like a black fruit pastille (if you know what I mean!).

This was only really clear when it was in a large rock - the crushed powder was the usual off-white/pale brown colour that impure MDMA has.

On a related note, that pillreports link features someone boasting about 85% pure MDMA. Does anyone know figures for the average purity of street MDMA? I've always assumed it to be fairly high (80-90% ).

I'd gotten some molly and other people who'd gotten the same stuff were rolling pretty hard off of about 70-80mg oral for a few hours, so I imagine that the stuff I had that time was nothing short of 90%... In east coast America it's mostly always found in capsule form rather than outright powder, though (and you will always get ripped off). All reagent field testing immediately pointed to MDMA.

Some of my friends on the west coast have gotten molly cut to all hell with meth and non-actives, though.. In Toronto the people I know seem to get fairly high quality powder, and much cheaper than it is here or on the west coast.

B Parrish1984
23-02-2006, 01:36
impure mixture

specialspack
23-02-2006, 04:41
I'd gotten some molly and other people who'd gotten the same stuff were rolling pretty hard off of about 70-80mg oral for a few hours, so I imagine that the stuff I had that time was nothing short of 90%... In east coast America it's mostly always found in capsule form rather than outright powder, though (and you will always get ripped off). All reagent field testing immediately pointed to MDMA.

Some of my friends on the west coast have gotten molly cut to all hell with meth and non-actives, though.. In Toronto the people I know seem to get fairly high quality powder, and much cheaper than it is here or on the west coast.

I've felt pretty hammered after 50mg of MDMA crystal too, before, which is what suggests to me it's pretty pure. But it's difficult to know, because I've never taken a tested pill or MDMA of known purity - maybe 70mg of 99% pure MDMA would have the same effects as 100mg + of street MDMA.

sundayraver
29-09-2010, 20:26
If you dissolve mdma then evap the solution it comes out grey. Perhaps someone did so with this stuff, dissolved in a solution smuggled it then evaporated by heating up resulting in black crystals

atara
29-09-2010, 21:00
If the MDA was prepared via an iron reduction of the nitropropene, I can imagine some iron dust ending up in the final product.

Thing is, that would make MDA, but it couldn't possibly make MDMA. If the pills were verified as MDMA and not MDA, the above hypothesis is totally wrong.

Turing Machine
01-10-2010, 02:33
I've seen some MDMA that appeared dark grey almost black from a distance, but on closer inspection it looked to have little silvery metallic flecks in it. I always assumed it was pieces of aluminum amalgam left over from the reduction. The pictures I've seen of the resulting mixture from such a reduction appear dark grey.

fryingsquirrel
03-10-2010, 23:18
I've seen some MDMA that appeared dark grey almost black from a distance, but on closer inspection it looked to have little silvery metallic flecks in it. I always assumed it was pieces of aluminum amalgam left over from the reduction. The pictures I've seen of the resulting mixture from such a reduction appear dark grey.Wouldn't that be toxic?

atara
04-10-2010, 03:24
Wouldn't that be toxic?

Aluminum is toxic, yes, but if it's in its reduced (metallic) form, it's harmless, because your body can't absorb it. Soluble aluminum compounds are highly toxic.

Pralus
04-10-2010, 06:36
Wouldn't that be toxic?

Sadly. Yes.

Amalgam is commonly made with Mercury II comps which are there to remove the always present oxide layer from Al, which allows it to then reduce what ever it's going to.

Where the fuck's commitment to quality gone these days? I dunno if it was Hg or not but sounds fit for rat bait,.. shiver

Keebs
04-10-2010, 06:46
This thread is almost four years old, was a bump really necessary?

fryingsquirrel
04-10-2010, 07:15
Sadly. Yes.

Amalgam is commonly made with Mercury II comps which are there to remove the always present oxide layer from Al, which allows it to then reduce what ever it's going to.

Where the fuck's commitment to quality gone these days? I dunno if it was Hg or not but sounds fit for rat bait,.. shiverYeah I was thinking more about the mercury than the aluminum

amanitadine
06-10-2010, 00:33
^^ toxic yes but if the reaction was run to completion and the stoichiometry correct than you should have elemental mercury, which is MUCH less toxic than the salts, due to solubility. But this aint the cause of black MDMA, or at least I should hope not, because you would almost have to deliberately leave the reaction mess in there. But then again, peeps over in North American Drug Discussion keep going on about "Brown Sugar" MDMA making the rounds and judging by the pics it looked pretty fricking nasty. But they seem to think its the bees knees........it dismays me that producers cant even be bothered to recrystallize their products...

suyc
23-07-2012, 15:32
I HAVE recently aquired some grey/black mdma. very strong smelling but in a good way and I paid more than normal as it is supposedly good stuff. Also very likely that this stuff is straight from the maker although i couldn't say for sure. Yet to be tried but I AM going to a festival this weekend and is going to be getting on it there.

amanitadine
23-07-2012, 16:00
^Sorry, but strong smelling is NEVER a good thing, nor is grey or black, christ. MDMA has virtually no smell, and is a white powder in its salt form. If it smells like safrole/isosafrole/MDP2P (various shades of root beer) it is dirty as hell, and means it wasn't washed and/or recrystallized, meaning the chemist was too lazy and/or didnt want to sacrifice that extra 20% or whatever on weight, so you could pay more for garbage. If they clean it, it weighs that much less. This is what happens when cartels rather than chemists are producing your supply, sorry. . .

(at least I bookended this with sorries, but the market and consumers ignorance is sorrier than that ;))

sekio
23-07-2012, 19:29
MDxx shouldn't have a smell in their pure HCl salt forms.

This is an ancient thread anyway