Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bolivia minister wants coca fed to school children

fruitfly

Bluelight Crew
Bolivia minister wants coca fed to school children
10 Feb 2006
Source: Reuters

LA PAZ, Bolivia, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Bolivia's foreign minister says coca leaves, the raw material for cocaine, are so nutritious they should be included on school breakfast menus.

"Coca has more calcium than milk. It should be part of the school breakfast," Foreign Minister David Choquehuanca was quoted as saying in Friday's edition of La Razon.

The new leftist government of Evo Morales, Bolivia's first indigenous president, has vowed to promote the legal uses of coca, the plant used to make cocaine, which is revered in Andean culture and is commonly chewed or made into tea.

Morales, himself a former coca farmer, has pledged to fight the drugs trade but at the same time protect the cultivation of coca in Bolivia -- the world's third-biggest cocaine producer after Colombia and Peru.

A coca leaf weighing 100 grams contains 18.9 calories of protein, 45.8 mg of iron, 1540 mg of calcium and vitamins A, B1, B2, E and C, which is more than most nuts, according to a 1975 study by a group of Harvard University professors.

Link

He seems to be the most intelligent minister in the entire world.

Now if we could just clone him.........

fruitfly said:
A coca leaf weighing 100 grams contains 18.9 calories of protein, 45.8 mg of iron, 1540 mg of calcium and vitamins A, B1, B2, E and C, which is more than most nuts, according to a 1975 study by a group of Harvard University professors.

Link

To bad they dont have that shit in the produce section down at the market. Aside from the fact that its a coca leaf would give ya a little pick me up, Id eat the fucker just for the fact that its got all that nutrition. Im kinda a health freak and that shit would be prefect to put into my diet.

ClubbinGuido said:
To bad they dont have that shit in the produce section down at the market. Aside from the fact that its a coca leaf would give ya a little pick me up, Id eat the fucker just for the fact that its got all that nutrition. Im kinda a health freak and that shit would be prefect to put into my diet.

HELL YES!=D hahaha

holy crap 19 grams of protein? that more than in a ham bugur. thats the best plant in the world i vote to malke it in australia aswell.

I have to wonder if feeding small amounts of cocaine to school children is really the best idea. There are lots of non-cociane containing foods out there to choose from.

Kids get crazy enough from sugar....

billbuilds said:
holy crap 19 grams of protein? that more than in a ham bugur. thats the best plant in the world i vote to malke it in australia aswell.

that must have been a typo.... i think they meant 19 calories
lol

Chewing coca counters the symptoms of 'mountain sickness' and oxygen-deprivation. The daily dose of the average coquero is around 200mg, that is a little less than 1/4 gram.

Chewing coca leaves with a dash of powdered lime is a nutritious and energizing way to induce healthy mood without causing an unsustainable high. Unfortunately, it is not very good for one's teeth.

Strictly speaking, the leaves aren't actually chewed. Typically, the dried coca leaf is moistened with saliva. The wad is placed between the gum and cheek and it is gently sucked.

The invigorating juices are swallowed. Lime-rich materials such as burnt seashells or a cereal are used to promote the separation of the leaf's active alkaloid.

Taken from http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/coc04.htm

a hundred grams of coca leaf would probably kill you, i have chewed a couple of g's at a time and that was far enough to get you yaked out

Gary Gnu said:
I have to wonder if feeding small amounts of cocaine to school children is really the best idea. There are lots of non-cociane containing foods out there to choose from.

Kids get crazy enough from sugar....
its better htan caffeine