• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

do ANY bl'ers like hockey?!

undead

Greenlighter
i mean wtf... i havent really been on BL for a while... but theres ALWAYS an 'official' thread for MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAA basketball, college football, shitty stuff like that... but where the F'n shit is the nhl thread ever!? i figured being a bunch of white supremecists that you people are you would LOVE hockey.

<- rangers fan, even though my local team is zee blue jackets... and they have been playing good the past month or so.

truuuue WTF is up jj... its been a while since ive been on here... mainly because i got sick of logging on all the time cause my computer was being shiesty, but our NEW computer isnt retarded and it remembers stuff. thats only because i havent gotten it high yet.

and brothermarcus!!!! how could you not <3 the bluejackets!? =( they're the super bestest... i know the playoffs are a long shot at this point hehehehe... but god damn it i LOVE how well they've been playing lately! they cant be stopped bitches!

i have nothing really constructive to add here. i just want to say...

HI RYAN!!! :):):) miss ya. :(

brothermarcus said:
<- rangers fan, even though my local team is zee blue jackets... and they have been playing good the past month or so.

whirred. go Jackets!

and Penguins.

Dude, nobody likes hockey as evidenced by the fact that hockey was CANCELLED for a year and nobody cared!

WacoWas AnAccident said:
Dude, nobody likes hockey as evidenced by the fact that hockey was CANCELLED for a year and nobody cared!

I cared, youyouyou MEANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first and foremost, thrashers fan here. after my home team, in no particular order: avs, redwings, red devils, flyers.

i DAMN sure cared that there was no season last year, and pouted daily about it. was never so excited than when season started up last fall.

and please tell me what is gay about hockey? gayer than football, the sport where guys routinely slap each others asses? 8)

Although I root for the Bluejackets, I honestly don't really even understand many rules of hockey.

It looks fun, it's tough, and unlike soccer, it's actually fun to watch.

I think Columbus has a really good chance of making the playoffs. They have been winning easily lately, since they are healthy again. And with as many teams that make the playoffs, don't you pretty much just have to win a few more games over the .500 mark?

Last time I checked they were only like 7 or 8 games below .500, so a lot could still happen.

P.S Maybe a mod could change this to the official NHL thread?

Big time Flyers fan here. I truly believe that this is the year that there will be a parade down Broad Street, as long as they get and stay healthy.

I think the reason that Hockey isn't as popular as the other 3 major sports is that it translates poorly to television. Going and seeing a Hockey game live is a completely different experience.

Not to put down the 'Jackets too much as they are a new franchise and everything with some talent, but they won't make the playoffs this year. They are not ready yet. I'd say they need at least 2 more years.

I predict a Flyers vs Red Wings finals, and the Flyers winning in 7.

Growing up as a kid, I loved watching the Orange and Blue of the Edmonton Oilers dominate the '80s with such amazing flair and grace that it sold me on the greatness of ice hockey. Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr...oh my!

When the announcement of a team in San Jose came at the dawn of a new decade, I found the team I still stand by today. GO SHARKS!

Of course, the introduction of NHL Hockey for the Sega Genesis also sealed my fate as a hockey fan. ;)

It is truly a great sport that only can be fully appreciated if played and/or attended. It's hard to beat the excitement of a live hockey game.