Sometimes I Am

Ashke

Bluelighter
Sometimes I am Ashke, the dreamer. I am wistful, or hopeful, get caught up in fantasy. I stare into space, my thoughts traveling spiral paths that don't always connect with one another or follow reason. Sometimes my dreams are mine alone, and other moments I'll find myself breathless with anticipation to share them.

Sometimes I am Ashke, the girlfriend. I tend to my love's desires, I smile at his friends as if they were my own, stand by his side. I forget his endless schedules and plans, infuriate him, hold my own in snarling squabbles and disagreements. I hold him when he needs it. I listen to him.

Sometimes I am Ashke, the freak. I have purple and green hair, my clothes can induce headaches. I wear fairy wings in public. I trip because I vastly enjoy a good case of temporary insanity. I have spontaneous gigglefits, scream aloud at frustrations. I dance naked in my room.

Sometimes I am Ashke, the addict. Confronted with lines of yellow or white, I must sometimes hide myself to tremble, or weep, or rage. I must compose myself and wash my face and come out smiling.

Sometimes I am Ashke, the wench. A boy's smooth hard stomach, or a white flash of feminine thighs will catch my eye and win from me a rich rumbled purr before I must remind myself of my darling boy who loves me so.

Sometimes I am Ashke, the child. I am consumed with thoughts of parties and bright things. I will cry too quickly, or huff, or stomp about over inconsequentials. I will throw away money on toys and neglect the phone bill.

Sometimes I am Ashke, the writer. I am obsessed with the way words fall together, the way they can be shuffled one way and make someone cringe, rearranged once more and spark laughter. I pick at my works, and can never silent the constant mental editor that criticizes every letter.

Sometimes I am none of these. Sometimes I think, I am Ashke, the... And I hear silence, I see blank canvas, I grasp air. And I am as lost and confused as ever.

~*~ Ashke ~*~

Last edited by a moderator:
That's beautiful Ashke... I think I know what you're saying-- I sort of feel like I'm constantly becoming "different" people for different situations... Like I'm adaptable or somethin

That was amazing.
You really have an awesome gift, ya know that? I also really loved your post on raving...your words are like art, they come together so beautifully and paint a picture in my head. Keep on writing sweetie!
PLUR,
kimmy
smile.gif

MAD PROPS to ASHKE
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

and some big hugs too!
those words were very wonderful
, Ashke...poetic in an intensly beautiful way.
The art of using words to create visions in the minds of others and spark emotions in the collective soul is a gift from the angels!!
don't ever push it away!!
PLUR
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
:
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
:
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

**rapture**

We're all something sometimes, but always, always... Ashke, that was beautiful. You'll always be beloved, by all you meet, you share with. We're all enriched and furthered by such words, and eternally grateful for you sharing them...
~*~PuCk~*~

i love your poem...i read somewhere that ashke means love...if it doesnt then my bad but it fits into your poem if it does mean love.

Ashke means 'Beloved,' mon ami... Of heart and soul.
~*~ PuCk ~*~

Ashke....You move me.
I envy you.
But more importantly, I respect you.
Powerful words. I loved Age Sex Location as well.
The ability to express your self with words is a powerful gift, hold on to it.
PLUR
The Angel.
(Read my 'Acidic Misery' if you like. tell me what you think. You opinion would mean a lot to me.)
------------------
******Remember: There's three E's in 'Believe'!!******
~~~~E doesn't change your life, it just enhances what is already there.~~~~
####We are perfect strangers in the real light, but we stand united as brothers and sisters in the blue.####

I remember a long time ago when you posted it..I ADORED IT and still do
smile.gif

Sooo awesome
smile.gif

Hi you
smile.gif

I remember a long time ago when you posted it..I ADORED IT and still do
smile.gif

Sooo awesome
smile.gif

Hi you
smile.gif

Ashke, that was mind blowing! Do you remember me? How have you enjoyed Cali? You need to email me!
[email protected]
btw-would you mind me publishing this in my next copy of our zine?
------------------
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!"
:)
The 1200 Club/Conduit Zine
Analogue Phreak Productions
Street Promotion, video, photography, and harm reduction
info line: 937.285.0309
email: [email protected]
ICQ - Jnnx (31923731)
AIM - DJ Fondue
Yahoo - jnnx1
members.xoom.com/the1200club
rep for Moonshine, V2, Kinetic and Kingsize USA

I am moved and awed and inspired and jealous... but thats me.
Your work is amazing!
thanks for sharing....
------------------
HV
**i never promised to be beautiful**
www.geocities.com/hex_venus/index.html

...sorry to have missed this that first time around, January past. It paints quite the self portrait. Your words are well chosen and ordered here. Live long and prosper and stuff.
smile.gif

Great work...It really is beautiful and honest
smile.gif

plur
------------------
Every person in our lives is a mirror reflextion of ourselves.