Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A question about chemical dump/threshhold dose

robocop

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, i was just wondering to myself, if say, hyptothetically i have a 110 mg natural tolerance/threshhold, then if say i drop a pill with 75 mg mdma and then half hour/an hour later drop another of the same, does that qualify as breaking the threshhold in any way?

just wondering this because i was thinking of a situation in my head, say go out with some mates with a couple pills on hand, drop one not knowing the strength/amount of mdma in them, and then dropping another half an hour later, if they werent strong enough singularly to break your threshhold, would the second one boost the amount of chemical in your system enough to achieve it? or is the effect not really cumulative even in a short time span

sorry if thats a bit hard to understand, but just something thats been on my mind

what you are describing is what most people call the therapeutic window... this is the range from minimum to maximum in where the drug (panadol, ecstasy, any drug in fact, etc) has the most optimal effect.

the therapeutic window for things such as panadol is fairly large, therefore taking more than one will do no extra effect or harm (an journal article i read states that the amount of panadol required to exceed the therapeutic window and enter the toxicity range was somewhere like 52 tablets or soemthing - that is why they are over the shelf items and do not need a prescription)

MDxx however may/may not have such a large window, and this is where the 1/2 life (time required so that half the substance is broken down) of MDxx comes to play - to keep redosing so that you remain within that window.

Drugs (any) do tend to be cumulative yes, but remember to space them apart so that you do infact remain in that window and not in the toxicity range.

regardless of tolerance to MDxx - if u are double dropping or popping more than a sane amount of pills a night you will be in the toxicity range regardless of getting an effect or not.

BELOW IS A PICTURE, AND IT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
therapeuticwindow0yk.jpg

either the red or blue line is preferred - and is just confirming your question :)
the grey is not what you want to get - and this applies for people taking too much too quickly.

as i said, this is just merely an example - and alot of other factors such as metabolism, body factors, diet, etc contribute.

hope this clarifies some things for you

cheers
Ryvalz

Last edited:
I think what you're talking about is the threshold to begin feeling the effects of MDMA? i.e. "peaking"

If so, then yes, the effects of MDMA in that sense are cumulative, obviously the more you take, the harder you will peak and the more "munted" you will feel (that is not a technical term lol...).

Also, keep in mind that MDMA has what they call "non-linear pharmacokinetics", that is to say, that if you take double the dose, you get more than double the effect, in doses in the 50-150mg range.

I really enjoyed Ryvalz' elaborate graph =D but let's remember, robocop's not specifically asked us about toxicity here, nor therapeutic use.

S/he's wanting to know whether tolerance builds immediately from the first dose in an hour or two, which hoptis has covered amply - no, it doesn't. As long as there's serotonin left to be released, you'll still peak. You're just risking peaking too hard if you redose too soon.

IME, most people don't peak in the first half hour, and it can take up to two or three hours depending on when you last ate, what binder was used (some take longer to break down than others in your stomach, assuming you're taking them orally), your own physical size, fitness and MDMA tolerance and of course the good ol' truism "set and setting".

So, I suggest (a) always testing your pills and checking pillreports/BL each time; (b) waiting *at least* an hour before redosing (nobody likes a pill monster ;)); (c) keeping an eye on your mates with similar tolerance levels to see how they're handling it, (d) listen to your own body and brain; and (e) have fun ;).

"the therapeutic window for things such as panadol is fairly large, therefore taking more than one will do no extra effect or harm (an journal article i read states that the amount of panadol required to exceed the therapeutic window and enter the toxicity range was somewhere like 52 tablets or soemthing - that is why they are over the shelf items and do not need a prescription)"

actually paracetamol toxicity range starts at about 150mg/kg which is about 12g (24 tablets) in an 80kg adult.
(http://ianwhyte.idl.com.au/HyperTox/Paracetamol.htm)

also wikipedia: "Paracetamol has a narrow therapeutic index. This means that the common dose is close to the overdose, making it a relatively dangerous substance."

i hate to pick holes but alot of people die from paracetamol overdose.

^ That's a sound point, and I wanted to raise it but didn't want to derail the thread.

I'll leave this open for people to share their experiences about dosing/redosing MDMA at various intervals but please start a new thread if this is something you want to discuss further.