• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Crazy dreams / cannabis withdrawal

beegurl

Bluelighter
I know a few people who smoked weed every day, then when they tried to give up they got nightmares so vivid that they would wake up feeling exhausted and hardly got any proper sleep for a few weeks.

I'm curious to know if this a common symptom of giving up weed?

this is extremely common, i recently gave up a 5 year habit and this is really the only hint of "withdrawal" ive gotten, Just insomnia and crazy ass dreams that are real scary...

Its only bad the first few nights then seems to lvl off

definetly not a few weeks, it only disturbed my sleep for maybe 2-3 days

After smoking everyday and then having a break does mess with my sleeping patterns, you know the whole tossing and turning and sweating, but i only found that it lasted for me a week tops. The dreams were a little more vivid, but not that bad......I guess its gonna be different for every person

youre dreams arent more vivid themselves, its just that because youre not sleeping as deeply as you would when youve been smoking, you are more awake for your dreams, and you can remember them better. you always have vivid dreams, its just that now youre awake enough to know about them

I Get this EXACTLY. I toss and turn and wake up sweating, not being able to find a comfortable position or stay at a normal temperature. It goes away after 2-3 days like cire said, never ever weeks.

when i was a hardcore pothead, i found it IMPOSSIBLE to sleep or eat unless stoned

for like 1-2 weeks after smoking everyday, i would get abnormal dreams, nightmares, cold sweats, bad quality sleep, agitation, and insomnia. all of this passed-n phsyical wthdrawl per se

ezbakeoven said:
youre dreams arent more vivid themselves, its just that because youre not sleeping as deeply as you would when youve been smoking, you are more awake for your dreams, and you can remember them better. you always have vivid dreams, its just that now youre awake enough to know about them

That seems like a plausible theory to me.

So in theory any time when you are not sleeping so deeply you might get more vivid dreams; e.g. if you are anxious about a forthcoming event, or stressed because things are getting on top of you - even if you have long since quit weed. That seems to follow on, I don't know, I'm no expert

last year when i had a longish break,
i had one where there was a chick i was talking to and she kissed me on my neck. the kiss was so real, i felt it....but afterwards i was like WTF???

The dreams you get when you stop smoking cannabis are very life like. I have them for weeks after I stop smoking. The restlessness and lack of sleep only lasts a week. Its totally normal.

a simple and sometime effective solution is to a have a cup of Natureland Night cup. i however suffered from insomnia for months...

i too have suffered insomnia after quitting smoking, but I have always been an insomniac, it's just now I feel tired all day and can't sleep until 2-3 in the morning. My dreams lately have been very vivid, but I'm using it to my advantage to work on controlling becoming lucid. It's like my REM sleep is twice now of what it was when I was toking up.
Last night I told myself to start asking what year it was. I answered myself 2006. I repeated this over and over in my head until i got tired. Low and behold in my dream I remembered to do this and asked the "dream characters".. They look at puzzled and say "18?" or 1993? Some don't even say anything just look blankly. At that point I realize I'm dreaming and went and flew around for a bit. Then did some star wars force movement. It didn't last long because I flew to my old house and went into a new dream, thus losing insight that i was dreaming. But it did work.
If any of you are having really vivid dreams you should try this. "Do you know what year it is?" Most of the dream people won't know what to say. Take advantage of your vivid dreams by becoming lucid. It's quite fun.. when you remember.

I hate it too, it's one of the big reasons why i continue to not take a "proper" break. Once i run out of green the next day when i wake up it begins. I get headaches, very irritated (very for some reason), sweat during my sleep, tossing/turning 24/7, just plain iches, etc. In the past i've gone more then a week smokefree and i still continued to have the same problems. It's not as bad, but close.

A question, what types of things can i do to calm down this withdrawl? I take Tylenol to help me with the headaches. Is their any type of food or liquid i can use to help me or relax me a bit more? I know some drugs will do the help, but that's not what im looking for, im looking for a few better alternatives. Is their anything special i can buy at the store that will aid me?

Thanks.

You should taper down your use if that happens. For example, smoke lesser and lesser amounts every day. If weed really makes you anxious, edgy and angry the next day, its probably a good idea that you should stop for a long ass time. Maybe theres some sort of unresolved anxiety, the reason that you smoke perhaps, thats causing this? Do you smoke to escape? That could be p art of it.

THE BEST PART OF QUITING SMOKING FOR ME, WAS THE LUCID DREAMS

When i smoke i dont dream. When i quit the dreams were so lucid and magicall

but then i built up a dream tollerance. Just like everything else dammit.

^^
I don't dream when I smoke (regularly) either. if i do, the dreams are "short" but very intense...not much happens, but it all feels powerfully emotional.

i find that smoking cannabis gives me the most intense dreams, usually when i wake up in the morning and fall back asleep.