• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Is it STILL ridiculous to argue that Kobe . . .

Damn you LL, you beat me to it!

What an insane game. I love living in LA. My erection will not go away for at least 12 hours. At least! 62 points in 3 quarters, single-handedly outscoring opposing teams (which he's done multiple times), game-winning shots on the same day as court appearances, 81 points tonight. Jesus Christ, I would go gay for this guy. Such a fucking amazing player, and so much better than Shaq.

WacoWas AnAccident said:
Jesus Christ, I would go gay for this guy.

you use that phrase so often that it's lost all meaning;)

81 pts is pretty freakish though.

in my NBA Crystal Ball I see Lebron James setting far more precedents than Kobe could ever reach.

Kobe Bryant - Just Fucken Amazing Player !, Some Off The Moves He Does..makes Mj Look Like A Rookie! One Move Where They Play It On The Sports Footage All The Time Where He Comes In And Dunks It From The Free Throw Line After A Drive...over Some Guy...awesome!
Imagine The Game Went Into Overtime...he Could Off Broken The Untouchable 100!
I THINK KOBE IS ALSO MUCH BETTER THAN LEBRON....LEBRON DOESNT HAVE THE SAME GRIT, COMMANDING COURT PRESENCE AND ATTITUDE LIKE BRYANT ! Lebron...2nd best player in the league....win some championships first.

he's an amazing player
no doubt about that

no one is quite like him; he's clutch

he has passion for the game

81 points; wow.

people who say he's a ball-hog are quite stupid, if you had a player like Kobe on your team... you'd feed him the ball every time, he's just so good!!!

AxL BLaZe said:
in my NBA Crystal Ball I see Lebron James setting far more precedents than Kobe could ever reach.

You might make good football picks, but get the fuck out of here with that shit! ;)

No really, Lebron's going to be good. Very very good. But I think he lacks that intangible quality that makes Kobe what he is. It's like some mysterious, transcendent power, much like the power of the Jedi. As it would happen, in his post-game news conference last night Kobe made several Star Wars references, referring to Tex Winter as Yoda.

Coincidence? I think not.

I really dislike Kobe Bryant, for many reasons. However, there is one thing that I cannot deny. Kobe has unbelievable talent. Furthermore, as much as it pains me to say it, he will probably far surpass Michael Jordan's accomplishments and earn the title "best ever." If he can motivate his teammates, that is.

Why argue? Just sit back, watch, and try not to compare him to Jordan.

WacoWas AnAccident said:
You might make good football picks, but get the fuck out of here with that shit! ;).

heh, trying to stir the pot up a bit ;)

Kobe is great. what makes him great is that he is the Lakers. I was noticing some stats and his team has the biggest gap inbetween leading scorers and the next leading scorer than ANY other team. I believe the second leading scorer is Odum or something. Kobe has to play good, or his team won't win.

all of you say he is better than Shaq, but it is hard to compare those two. Shaq has some comfort in the fact that his team doesn't revolve around if he is going to have a huge game.

I still think LBJ will have a better carreer, but only time will tell.

I certainly hope people aren't actually calling LeBron "LBJ"... LBJ was the president that got us into vietnam if memory serves...

What makes Kobe such an incredible basketball talent is the fact he has the deadliest killer instinct to finish games off better than anyone else in the league, let alone the most impressive clutch shooting touch I've ever seen. These are traits Lebron has openly admitted he doesn't have, and in recent showings has proven he has a long way to go before he can even reach that level. Until King James can actually shoot free throws above 80% or nail big jumpers when the game is on the line instead of passing the ball off to no-name teammates, he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Kobe right now.

If in a few seasons I don't see at least one championship ring on Lebron's finger, he'll be heading down the pathway of being the Dan Marino of basketball. The hype's been delivered...almost to a sickening level, yet he still hasn't proven jack shit in the grand scheme of things. Time is on his side right now...but what will be said if time starts turning on him and he becomes this incredible athletic talent with zero rings?

It's absolutely ridiculous on the national media level to see a performance like this marred by the criticism some people seem to have to throw out just because it's Kobe. No one would have said anything if Jordan scored that much. Why can't we just enjoy the accomplishment? Every knock I've heard just sounds like some whiney kobe hater who can't accept he is the premiere player in the game today, hands down.

Web said:
I certainly hope people aren't actually calling LeBron "LBJ"... LBJ was the president that got us into vietnam if memory serves...

hahaha, I've heard him referred as LBJ during tons of games. I didn't draw that similarity at first.

you bring up some good points about Kobe, LD. it must suck, being a Lakers fan, and having to put up with all the finger-pointing by the media. the guy is doing good, what is the Laker's record? do you think they will make it in the post-season? last I checked I remember they were doing below-average.

the Lakers need more players to make an impact, cough Odum cough, and they can very well make it far into the playoffs.

To be totally honest, I highly doubt anyone will EVER compare to what Micheal Jordan did... Kobe is good, but not that good

LapDawg said:
It's absolutely ridiculous on the national media level to see a performance like this marred by the criticism some people seem to have to throw out just because it's Kobe.

at the same time it's absolutely ridiculous to see the amount of OMG KOBE IS THE BEST EVAR crap. for example, it took less than an hour for some douchebag to edit the wikipedia page for wilt chamberlain to include kobe's 81 point game. what that's important for wilt's entry* i'll never know.

*yeah yeah, i know. second highest ever. 8(

AxL...you really need to stop thinking I'm a fan of certain teams just because I present favorable opinions of a player on that team or the team in general. Your assumptions are just plain wrong as you are 0-2 in that regard. Just so you know, I'm a Golden State Warriors fan...but my favorite player in the game today to watch is Kobe.

Last time I checked the Lakers are in a playoff spot...the goal Phil Jackson set out for this team at the beginning of the season. It's quite obvious where the holes are on this team, but is it really the best time right now to point them out when a lot of people just happened to witness the greatest single player performance in a basketball game they've ever seen? On that particular day...I'd say it's in poor taste. I'm guessing you missed out on the performance live. I didn't.

michael...who's saying he's the greatest ever? Certainly not me...certainly not many people. What I might agree with is he has the potential to be the greatest to play the game, and has already given people good reason to think so with his career accomplishments so far. There's still plenty of work to be done...but your complaint about people calling Kobe the greatest carries far less weight than the annoyance of the incessant criticisms about Kobe when he just happened to give basketball fans a piece of history.

Last edited: