• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

BL'er passed away (RIP HighRollin'420*)

pkt

Bluelighter
It has come to my attention that a fellow bluelighter and friend has recently passed away. Andrew Downning a.k.a HighRollin'420* died on wed 21 dec of a heroin overdose.

I hadnt chatted to him for weeks, i was actually only told this by his former roommate. I never had the pleasure of meeting Andrew in person. In fact im not sure he had ever been outside his home state of New Mexico.

I can however tell you that this guy was one of the kindest most helpful guys i ever met. He sent me loads of free bud seeds and hooked me up with my first vial of ketavet ever, despite only knowing me from a web hosting forum we both frequented.

I know he didnt have much family or friends, apart from the ones he met online but i know that the people who were fortunate enough to have contact with Andrew thought the world of him. He was a very loving guy and even though i didnt know him in real life i am so sad and shocked to hear of his passing. If you knew him and would like more information then PM me and i'll give you the email of his ex room mate. If you did not know him then raise your glass/pipe/rig or whatever in honour of a true Bluelighter and a truely talented artist.

R.I.P Andrew XXXXXX
I hope whatever comes next has something better to offer you.

Anyone who knew Andrew and would like to attend the ceremony. It will be held at Wine Hill presbyterian church in SF on Jan 1 at 12:00 noon.

regards,

Seen him posting on here before. These things are happening to us all far too often. My condolences to his friends and family.
Another victim of the war on drugs no doubt, when will it end?

zophen

Wow... that sucks. I hope he's in a better place... Rest in Peace bro.

I couldn't help but to see the irony here.... Bluelighter dies of drugs... and then... If you did not know him then raise your glass/pipe/rig

/me shakes head. :\ 8(

It was one of the names that I saw quite often here. R.I.P.
Please be careful everyone, it's not worth risking death so young by walking on that fine line.

Rest in peace mate. I may not have known you but have seen you around and its a terriable loss to lose one of our own. Many may have frowned upon him and such because he chose to take drugs but only we and a few can see that we shouldnt stimga him as a bad person any more then a white can degrade a black for being black. Your in a better place now buddy and im going to have a beer in your honour. Its sad to lose one of our own and its unfortunant that our creed have a higher then normal mortality rate.

I suggest that he be added to the bluelight shrine.

sounds like a set up folks. anyone attending the funeral will be questioned.

i guess ill be the one to say it. fuck heroin. i dont know why people talk about it so lightly. what a terrible loss. I lost a friend from it as well.

herion that is medicial grade and sterile is way less harmful than achol...
which is exatcly why there needs to be better treatment than bupe or methadone...people who are herion addicts like myself was once are not only addicted to the opiates its the whole prcess of aquiring and setting up your first shot...to this day when i am jonsin hard i have to set up a shot of water or sugar or something and take it right up to the point of injection and then i dump it.....it actually really helps ....... This is not only a personal war but a world wide problem in which the only people that suffer are the active addict and the family that loses thier love ones simply because they got a hot shot or too pur dope.

R.I.P although i never knew you.... if you bump into my old man where ever you are tell him i miss him.

I'll catch up with you on the other side of the River Styx, my friend. Fare thee well and rest in peace. But first I'll probably want a chat with Nietszche, and Hunter S. Thompson. %)

Heroin is just another drug, the guy here's just another number in a list of statistics. I didn't know him; he owes me nothing and I owe him nothing. If you play with drugs you're gambling with your life; he knew that, and he still used.

Still, I hope we'll all learn from this. None of us are immortal, and none of us are so lucky as to never overdose either, should we choose to play with toys that are like unexploded bombs.

The question really is this: is the comforting oblivion of opiate intoxication worth one's life? Your life? If not, you can always count on us here to help you to quit.

Amen.