• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Howmany have IVed Methylphenidate?

davids

Bluelighter
I wonder how many here have shot Methylphenidate, and how they did it?-Regrets?

Thanks

Supposedly it rivals IV coke, and alot of experienced Bluelighters have commented on how great it is. For those that have IV'd Methyphenidate, why did you stop doing it?

I'll definately be watching this. The great paradox of recreational drugs: IV Ritalin.

"Supposedly it rivals IV coke, and alot of experienced Bluelighters have commented on how great it is"---Thats what i'v read too.

I think they relealised how dangerous it is?

I have done it and don`t have the desire to do it again. Maybe the amount was just too low, but there was no rush (compared to coke).

It used to be available in liquid (medical) ampoules, for bringing round, anathesia patients!-late 60's, Parental use.

I stopped because I ran out.

Bear in mind I was using regular old IR methylphenidate, not any of this whacked SR stuff with the wax and plastic body armor. [toeing the party line] Don't shoot pills. It's horrible for you. [/toeing]

[Reality] Filtering is your friend. When someone first PM'ed me on this subject, they reccommended 40mg as a starting dosage. [/reality]

[Also reality] 40 mg of IV ritalin could really blow you away. Like, in a scary way. [/reality]

There are a lot of binders/fillers in the Ritalin (even the IR formulations), so in the name of harm-reduction, I'd highly advise against injecting these. If you still plan on doing so, please at least use proper filtering techniques (micron filtration, etc.), and with attention paid to aseptic technique.
I've never injected methylphenidate, nor do I plan to, so I can't really comment on the nature of the high as compared to coke...
Like other pills that people would like to shoot, don't forget that these can also be "plugged", which would be much healthier all the way around...:\

i've shot a lot of IR ritalin pils. but i extracted the methylphenidate with alcohol first. (dissolve in alcohol, evap, add saline, shoot.) the whole procedure was posted by phreex somewhere on this forum. it gives a nice rush but sometimes the crash is HORRIBLE.

A iv application of Methylphenidate can cause a psychosis.
I know someone happened that,
and I also read it in a medical magazine,
but unfortunately I don't know the adress anymore...

i've done it twice. i did phreex's extraction but had my friend snort sum of it first to test it out. i then put a little in my spoon added water filtered then then shot it. its really shitty compared to coke, but if ur not that into coke i'd say go for it

As it has been said already, this is not wise unless using the proper technique, micron filter, etc.. Most users probably don't exercise enough caution, and just because your arm doesn't become gangrenous with a few shots doesn't mean your not causing massive amounts of damage to your pulmonary system.

It was nothing to special a small rush using 20mg IR, just enough to get me on my feet I would much prefer adderall IV'd if I was using needles and didnt care about my body or sanity

its really shitty compared to coke, but if ur not that into coke i'd say go for it

Are you saying it is a shitty high or are you saying that those who do not like coke IV may prefer methylphenidate IV?

I would much prefer adderall IV'd if I was using needles and didnt care about my body or sanity

I haven't heard of people IVing adderall. What does it have to do with your body or sanity?

well, I wanna share, I used to speedball H+SR rits(not generics, I don't know if this works for generics), this is my method-

1)prep the H like U always do but make solution half the usual volume(and 20% less H)
2)take off the coating with a wet paper towel, a good dose for startes would be 10-40mg, please don't go over that dose
3)take a spoon, the same amount of water u used for the H, the rits(no need to crush), and boil, then wait till it cools completly, you will know when its cool when wax begins to become solid, make a bigger than usual filter and make it extra tight, carefully draw the solution to the works, then take another clean spoon(the old one is covered with wax) and pour it in, filter again, this is very importent step, please don't rush to put this shit up ya arm, now draw the H and the rit into the spoon, shake it to make it homogenous, and put it up ya arm.

***very importent notice***
go for the lower end of the doses in the first time u try it, shooting rits is very bad for your veins and your health, I read in a lot of sourced that some of the binder won't be in the wax left out in the spoon but rather be still in solution and they are very very bad for you.

first times shooting rits might make ya nausous so be ready for that too, it really improves the H high in my opinion but when I read about the damage it does to the veins and about eye doctors seeing leftover binders from shooting rits in standart eye checks, SO its risky and not worth for shit without H or other opiates, defiently not comparable to coke.

After years of not doing any iv shit I shot some methylphenidate. When I did it the first time, I used around 20 mg. I solved it in water, and filtered it through a cigarette filter. The solution was still only slightly milky, not completely clear. I knew that insoluble particels were in there. But as I was kind of suicidal anyway I thought fuck it, I want that kick now whatsoever...

There was a slight kick and strange feeling to the scalp (needles and pins). It's a mild form of speed (with which I didn't have much experiences). After I did this one or two times (!), I got a slightly numb feeling in the tip of my left foot. I was basing very bad, poisonous coke at the time, too. But I am quite sure that the pill injecting accounts for the numb feeling (capillary veins clog.., lack of oxygen in tissues, nerve tissue probably damaged, etc.).

Now I started to filter the solution more thoroughly with a cigarette filter tightly wrapped in filtering paper (the type for quantitative analysis, from chemical laboratory equipment store). If you do that, it's nice to see to it, that the filtering paper doesn't hold additives. The solution appeared after that like water. In the next week I shot around almost another 100 mg ritalin in some doses (biggest was 30 mg in 2 ml of water, I think). I read that by solving methylphenidate-HCL in water, a small amount of HCL-Acid will be spawned.
And when I shot 30 mg, I definately had a very strange, bad feeling in the vein upwards from the injecting point in the direction of my heart, like a burning sting along the vessel. This persisted for some time. The kick was a quite intense speed rush, where I had to get moving, do something. (I went in front of the hospital by foot, in case some shit happened, and waited there some time;). I also shot up subutex in that time (which seems to be easier to filter to waterlike-clearness)

After the whole story I still have a slight feeling of numbness in the tip of my foot, and then also in the tip of my right index finger.

So do watch out if you think you want to do this. A couple of badly filtered pills might give long lasting damges, or whatever else.. It is very risky aside from the already known dangers of iv usage.

In a way I can hardly believe that I acted so stupidly. I even knew the risk. Welcome to addiction, ignorance and stupidity.

Last edited:
I've done this many times, way too many.. :eek:

I think 30-40mgs of IV methylphenidate is a nice high. It's not really worth trying to prep more than 40mgs in one shot (2ml) because you lose too many units in the "binder-goo" when filtering.

For filtering the 0.22 micron pore size would be the best but you still get a clear solution with the 5 micron (sterifilt) filters, which can be obtained from needle exchange programs in (some) european countries.

Tolarance to methylphenidate skyrockets easily if injected repeatedly.

http://www.exchangesupplies.org/needle_exchange_supplies/sterifilt/sterifilt_intro.html

edit: I only shoot Ritalin 10mg (IR)

Last edited:
I've done it a lot. I'd crush the pills and add saline to make about a 20mg/ml solution and shake shake shake then filter with a 0.22 micron wheel into a sterile vial and use as desired. ~30mg is a pretty impressive rush.

"I've done it a lot. I'd crush the pills and add saline to make about a 20mg/ml solution and shake shake shake then filter with a 0.22 micron wheel into a sterile vial and use as desired. ~30mg is a pretty impressive rush."

Is it not horribly dangerous to IV pharmaceutical pills due to fillers and binders that can clog the bloodstream? That's just what I've always heard.