• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite designs for interior/home/furniture/workspace?

mariacallas

Bluelight Crew
I didnt know how to title this thread ...(Mods, you can change the title as u see fit :)) basically i just wanted a place where you could show pictures of a particular room u like, or beddings from the GAP or whatever, or a new striped couch you would love to have, hell you can even show pictures of an entire HOUSE you love. This could also serve as an idea/inspiration repository for those who are looking to decorating or renovating their dwelling/office/work/bathroom/space , anything goes !
Ill start. =D

Right now im loving these :
bedding_main3.jpg

and i LOVE this modern sectional sofa
sec_4912_131.jpg

altho id want it reupholstered in blue and white stripes (or something like that,)
and i know this bed set totally contradicts my earlier shabby chic bedding choice but what the hell....I love platform beds! Besides I can put any matress and comforter i want on top .
europa-corner.jpg

this mirror is nice too
europa-mirror.jpg

Thats it for now.

I like cozy, claustrophobic spaces. My furniture is arranged to create many small passageways and alcoves. Maximum efficiency is also preferred.

i like the mixing of steel and glass... on dark hardwood floors and high ceilings with wide floor-to-ceiling windows on percingly white walls and green landscape.

and then i want the entire inside of the house to be furnished in courdaroy beanbag chairs like this:
ELP050.jpg

in a house like this:
intrntl.gif

or similar Mies van der Rohe houses

Bumping this thread .....hopefully many more can share their favorite interior / room designs and post lots of pictures ! =D

I'm really liking these now...(funny how tastes can change over the years) ;)

Love the bookspace and the colors in this room....
house1use.jpg

This also catches my eye, particularly love the stone shelf (although I dont really like the brown couch...)
Victorias%2Bhouse%2B-%2Blounge%2Btop.jpg

Close up of the stone shelf
Victorias%2Bhouse%2B-%2Bshelf.jpg

This kids room is just sooooo clean and cute and I love the green palette .
2007-06-11-oscar4.jpg

A vacation place in Norway....so serene.
2.jpg

^^ Oh my goodness, I adore all of those design pictures above.

The more natural light, the better <3
That is my general rule of thumb :)

i am also a natural light fan during the day, but at night i always want a room for myself with 12 ft ceilings, one wall covered in shelves and a fireplace with me sitting in front of it, roasting my feet on the ottoman while i sit in a wing-tipped armchair swilling expensive wine and ignoring the raven, rapping at my chamber door.

I wish I had an unlimited or expanded budget. I do the best with what I have and can get.

This is our powder room. My husband did the work himself *swoons*
BEFORE:
March2008009.jpg

AFTER:
Feb2009042.jpg

Living room It is really dark this is the only light on and I just took it.
Feb2009044.jpg

Kitchen
july2008008.jpg

Stairs
Feb2009045.jpg

We bought new living room furniture today. New carpet upstairs in April. I am excited to continue to transform our home. Choosing furniture and paint with a partner is a collaboration. It is fun. At least it is for us. More me, I hypothesize :)

I love the powder room PI :)
What a clever husband you have!

The lighting/camera are shitty. It looks softer and cleaner in real life.
Let me see your place. I like the way you take photos.

Husband is a hairstylist and the son of a contractor. Beautiful combo. Good with hands.

Interesting. :)

I've got quite different tastes for different rooms really. Basically my tastes are fairly simple, but I have a <3 of kitsch and retro. A combination of old fashioned and modern. :)

sanders3.jpg

DSC_0047_small.jpg

1242.jpg

windowseat.jpg

SIP2001233_P.JPG

bathroom.jpg

508688_10.jpg

natural-mongoy1small.jpg

012FoodSmeg-fridge+blog.jpg

dct2906-Attic-Bedroom-before_lg.jpg

Last edited:
A chair that holds books. I saw this today and absolutley fell in love. Must have. <3
9D3711C3.jpg

My ideally decorated/designed place would have a mix of clean lines with pops of bold color (burnt orange and red are favorites) and quirky pieces (like the above chair) mixed in.

I love love love the bathroom with skylight and clawfoot tub you posted tribal girl.

More cool stuff:
cartoonfurniturexk3.jpg

treebedus3.jpg

hanger1gv4.jpg

vitrapoldersofa1fb5.jpg

Must have these too:
foodfaceni7.jpg

Last edited:
one of the people i do work for gave me this set, its in hot orange and in great shape . I can still find faux orange fur to redo it in . So what do you think 1960's or early 70's ?
3286647044_bebf0d844a.jpg

Ahhh yes I recall that set from one of the pet thread photos =D
<3 it :)
I'd say early 1970's.

A chair that holds books. I saw this today and absolutley fell in love. Must have. <3
9D3711C3.jpg

Weee Im loving that chair a log QE!
Here are other bookshelves I love.
How ingenious is this bookshelf cum stairs? I fuckin love it. <3
leoniestair.jpg

Also love this sitting room / library.
b66a2a0290700f7e3f52663d4ed6da30cb0.jpg

I love bedrooms that are simple, white/cream and very airy.
7d80ba4488712ed74a6dcd4673b9b0aad4a.jpg