• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

Funkyrhino

Ex-Bluelighter
I just got some Kratom leaves and made some tea out of them. I didn't expect much but DAMN I was high as hell fora few hours. Anybody ever tried this stuff?

Between this and Poppy Pod tea I may be able to give up alcohol and benzos :)
substancecode_opiate/opioid
substancecode_kratom

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I have...And Im already addicted to it...I have been drinking 2 to 3 mugs of tea a day with this stuff...The buzz equals to a 10 to 20mg of hydrocodone. I swear by this stuff and I would recommend it for people having WDs...

It sure tasted like crap...but its well worth the buzz. It sure tastes a bit better than liquor...it has a different kind of bitterness than alcohol does which is pretty well tolerated by me....Its hard to explain...

But my only questions are these:

1. Does anyone know that this stuff causes liver damage on prolong use?

I believe long term use causes a darkening of the cheeks but it is indeed some good stuff.

Yes!!!! Indeed its good and too good to be true...

And what about liver damage???

I would think my liver is already screwed up from the Hydro habit I had...ANYWAY...

In my opinion...I think its silly for me to use this stuff to get a buzz and treat my WDs...because it sure DEFEATS the purpose of me curing the WDs in the first place because once I stop using Kratom, guess what?? WDs will be back...

I've been having success with it...however, I don't get high from it, but it does kill w/ds....and anything is better than being sick.

Maybe you did not put enough of it in the water...

I usually TRIPLE the amount thats labeled on the label....Maybe about 6 to 8 or even 10 grams in a short mug...and then I mix very vigorously...And it gave me a feeling that I had taken about 10 to 30mg of hydro...Plus, with strong doses like this, it doeas give you the shakes....and maybe some quessiness..

Also, IT DID NOT gave me any dream-like waking experiences like the reports say online...And it does not give me a nodding effect...Only the euphoria and stimulation...thats it..

My other question would be: Is there ANY EVIDENCE that the chemicals in Kratom cross the MU Opiate receptors?? Does it really (at least some of it) cross the BB barrier..???

Last edited:
How do guys take Kratom? I just bought some Super Kratom this week and just took 10 g's straight, waiting for it to kick in now.... just took it with some water and only crap, tastes like sh1t -- but got it down ok!

Do you take anything else with it to get the enhance the effects?

nhjohn said:
How do guys take Kratom? I just bought some Super Kratom this week and just took 10 g's straight, waiting for it to kick in now.... just took it with some water and only crap, tastes like sh1t -- but got it down ok!

Do you take anything else with it to get the enhance the effects?

I'd like to try the powder but it's too expenxsive.. I used an ounce of leaves to make tea and I was out there for a long time..

I've used 6 grams of the powder a few times and it gave me nice subtle effects but not what i expected so i thought i'd try double.

Tried 12 grams of the powder and it was fantastic for about an hour then i felt really sick in the stomach and couldn't be bothered to talk or move or anything. Felt like i was coming down off of an upper or something.

I wonder why it didn't last very long?

I should give kratom another chance, I brewed up 6g of resin extract a while ago and didn't really get anything from it. Not even nausea.

starstyx said:
I should give kratom another chance, I brewed up 6g of resin extract a while ago and didn't really get anything from it. Not even nausea.

hmm maybe you should trythe leaves... hit me up with a PM and i'll send you the link I ordered them from ..

Tried 12 grams of the powder and it was fantastic for about an hour then i felt really sick in the stomach and couldn't be bothered to talk or move or anything. Felt like i was coming down off of an upper or something.

I wonder why it didn't last very long?

This matches my expereince to the 'T'.. I feel good for 45min tops, then sick and nasty for another 3 hours. Not for me, that is for sure.

I wanted to try this stuff so I ordered 100 capsules of commercial grade kratom (65mg alkaloids per 25gm). It was really cheap. I figure I'll start with the low grade kratom and see how I like it then maybe I'll buy some of the super potent kratom.

Anyways, w/ these commercial grade capsules do you think I can get high from just swallowing them, or should I break them open and make tea w/ them? I bought capsules because I figured that even if I couldn't just swallow the capsules, it'd be easy to measure my dosage without having to use a scale.

BTW, It looks like one of the major kratom suppliers got shutdown because paypal thought they were selling illegal drugs on the net. It's always a pain to stay one step ahead of the law ;).

s0nic said:
I wanted to try this stuff so I ordered 100 capsules of commercial grade kratom (65mg alkaloids per 25gm). It was really cheap. I figure I'll start with the low grade kratom and see how I like it then maybe I'll buy some of the super potent kratom.

Anyways, w/ these commercial grade capsules do you think I can get high from just swallowing them, or should I break them open and make tea w/ them? I bought capsules because I figured that even if I couldn't just swallow the capsules, it'd be easy to measure my dosage without having to use a scale.

BTW, It looks like one of the major kratom suppliers got shutdown because paypal thought they were selling illegal drugs on the net. It's always a pain to stay one step ahead of the law ;).

I'm tellin ya .. just boiled an ounce of the dried leaves and I was gone for 5-6 hours... felt just like poppy pod tea ... it was great.

^ Yeah, but what's your opiate usage history? I just got done using hydrocodone daily for 7 months, I'm not sure if I'll get the same great effects as you.

I assume boiling the powder in these capsules would work no different than boiling the dried leaves.. if anything it should work better.

Im telling you people....Its like being on Oxycodone or Hydros is that great....Its prolly the same effect as taking 5-10mg oxycodone or Vicodin...

Also, when the euphoric buzz wears off, I get that spaced-out feeling as with taking Vicodin..

Just double up the dose...Take like 2 tablespoons in a short mug and pour hot water over the powedered stuff and mix for 5 minutes...Add a splash of lime or lemon and your on your way to a good legal opiate like euphoria and bliss...

A good guide in potency, is just taste it until you get a very very bitter taste...If you get a weak or mild bitterness in the tea, than you know its a weak dose...

s0nic said:
^ Yeah, but what's your opiate usage history? I just got done using hydrocodone daily for 7 months, I'm not sure if I'll get the same great effects as you.

I assume boiling the powder in these capsules would work no different than boiling the dried leaves.. if anything it should work better.

i've got no opiate history ... yet

easily more potent than darvon. I've never had good experience with Darvon.