Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Going to sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
are they the nurofen plus?? I normally take 4 to knock me out for a good night's sleep.

nurofen plus work as sleeping tablets? oh joy, oh joy, oh joy :) cheers for the heads up!

Some people find taking couple of Melatonin tablets (from health food stores) 30-60 minutes before bed along with couple of cones of pot does the job nicely.

^ That works very nicely! And you're likely to have some crazy dreams.

When I'm taking codiene (N+) to help me sleep it all depends on what kind of state I'm in really. Last night (Had a fairly massive weekend) I took 8, but quite often I'll only take 2. So glad to finally get a splittable pack :D

^^ Thanks guys, after I posted it I discovered the "N+" thread. I had had a *big* day and needed to sleep before work. I ate 2 then 20 minutes later 3 more, then for good measure one more before I went bed, 5 minutes later.

Worked a treat !

Melatonin works great. I currently take 3 sublingually each night, along with a few cones, and I get a pretty reasonable (and "natural" feeling) sleep. When I have codeine for the purpose of sleep, I find that I wake up feeling somewhat bombed out, and remain somewhat tired for most of the day. That said, it works great for situations where you *have* to get to sleep, and if your a light sleeper like me (i.e. taking numerous hours (without using the aid of drugs) to get to sleep) then it can be quite ideal in some circumstances. For instance if i've had caffeine in the late arvo then I find I cant sleep very well, even with the melatonin. But the codeine always seems to work for me, at doses 30-40mg for just one night, or if its for a few nights in a row then I up it to 60mg because of tolerance. But everyones different, just start out low and you should be able to work out the ideal dose.

Last edited:
mr king said:
timazapan,dimazapan are both sleepers also ]

Both these benzo's arnt that powerful
get some seraquel up ya

Never mind Neurofen, what's stopping you from sleeping normally?

ahhhh stay away from benzos, especially diazepams (valiums) :)

Used to munch nearly 100 tablets of 5mg diazepams a week, they do fuck all once you reach the level where you need more than 5 tablets to make them effective.

Dont depend them for sleep aid. :) They will just make things worse in some cases. Speaking from expereince I know. ;)

i like nurofen every once in a while....but have never considered it good for helping sleep..... just relaxed and stuff....sleep is normally a bit disturbed...

Originally posted by Urbanhog
ahhhh stay away from benzos, especially diazepams (valiums) :)

Used to munch nearly 100 tablets of 5mg diazepams a week, they do fuck all once you reach the level where you need more than 5 tablets to make them effective.

Dont depend them for sleep aid. :) They will just make things worse in some cases. Speaking from expereince I know. ;)

Agreed^^^

I was prescribed Avanza (Mirtrazipine) which helped not only with depression, but also with my sleep insomnia. I have read through BL that even 15mg of Avanza can get people to sleep. I need 45mg, but it is different for everyone. See your doctor.

Diazepam quickly produces a tollerant, and you will find that the dose needed will be signifficantly higher once you produse a tollerance, and the withdrawrals from Diazepam are horrific (like any other benzo withdrawral). I only take it as prescribed.

Last edited:
If your having trouble sleeping i suggest you go down the the chemist and get RESTAVIT its an antihistamine which helps in sleeping, one tablet puts me out light a light and gives you a real refreshing nights sleep!!.

try tacel calm they made you sleepy too but on way near as effective xanax but alot less side effects

Please use the search engine before posting. This thread is turning into a generic "OTC sleeping medication" thread, of which there are several already. I suggest people also check the following threads for information, and using the search terms "OTC sleep*" will be of great help too.

eg. [1], [2].

BigTrancer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.