• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Colon Cleanse / Cleansing your System / Colonic Irrigation

omniscient

Bluelighter
Mods if you think you need to move this please do, I just thought there is a lot more traffic in this forum and more people will benefit.

I've heard of so many people with so many problems relating to depression and anxiety, many of whom say they have been suffering for years with and without medication. I have one thing that everyone at this forum can try and see if it works for them and trust me many will, you will be surprised.

COLON CLEANSE

Get a colon cleanse guys, you have no idea how many problems that can cure. health experts say that 90% of all sickness and diseases are related to an unclean colon. You have between 5-25 pounds of stored waste and toxins in their causing chemical imbalances and many more things in your body. Waste build up causes bacteria and toxins to spread throughout the body resulting in sickness and even death. And you should be going 2-3 times a day and if you aren't then that isn't normal. Death begins in the colon, and you woud be amazed at how much anxiety and depression are related to a toxic colon. Poisons are constantly flowing throughout your bloodstream causing fatigue, restlessness, anxiety, depression and so on. You will be amazed at the stuff that will come out of your ass, insane. The stuff we have been eating the past 10 years has so many additives and chemicals in todays food that it is ridiculous and I think it is because of the diet nowadays and the way food is made and processed and sold that so many people have so many problems. Anyway, give the colon cleanse a try and give your feedback after 3-4 weeks on how you feel.

Actually, if you are a heavy duty opiate useer, gong for colonic irrigation every now and again isn't a bad idea. It softens any impacted faeces present & helps prevent the constipation that normally goes with opiate use. I don't think things like 'so many pounds of raw meat in the colon' is anything other than new-age bollocks, but the colon is a place where things are re-absorbed into the bloodstream very easily (that's why rectal admin - plugging - works so efficiently) and a combination or reabsorbtion of things like bilirubin (haemoglobin breakdown product - produces some of the symptoms of jaundice) and colon distention can make you feel sluggish, lacking in energy and can make your breath literally 'smell like shit'.

After colonic irrigation (that's what to look for in your local phone book etc), you generally feel so much better, cleaner - basically well - that once you've tried it, you'll notice the symptoms of constipation pretty quickly. If you are a opiate user and suffer from frequent bouts of heartburn (as many seem to), it will fix that as well. Once you've been cleansed, occasional doses of laxatives like senna will help you feel so much healthier while using opiates.

All of the above is from experience, not just conjecture - and I hope people bear in mind how easily I generally dismiss new-age bollocks. This is an effective, useful proceedure to undergo

Remember, kiddies, fiber.. fiber.. fiber! Fresh fruits, veggies, and grains will kickstart your colon and leech the nasty stuff for smooth sailin'.

Commercial processed foods & animal products have no fiber!

You have between 5-25 pounds of stored waste and toxins in their causing chemical imbalances and many more things in your body. Waste build up causes bacteria and toxins to spread throughout the body resulting in sickness and even death…………Poisons are constantly flowing throughout your bloodstream causing fatigue, restlessness, anxiety, depression and so on..

Is there any medical evidence to support this? What “toxins” are you talking about and why in the hell aren’t your liver and renal system cleaning them out for you?

I am not saying that it won’t make you “feel” better. As was pointed out… if you have a medical condition that necessitates this type of procedure.. ok… But there is shit for evidence that a normal healthy person has any reason to wash out their colon. Your body is quite capable of handling human waste safely and efficiently, with out “poisoning” the rest of your body with hocus pocus “toxins”. I get the feeling that you know very little about how the human digestive system works and have been fooled by some folks that are selling shit cleanings for a living.

If you have some links that say otherwise from ACTUAL MEDICAL SOURCES rather than pro-colon cleaning snake oil salesman I would love to read them, from what I have read … this “therapy” is for the most part 100% crap, and can be dangerous.....

I dunoo what kind of "health experts" you are referring to. The one's selling this quackery perhaps?

Here are just a few links to help educate you on the topic from a clinical and legal point of view.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=2668399&dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9252839&dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncahf.org/articles/c-d/colonic.html
http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/m839n.pdf
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagnews/release.php?id=295
http://www.acsh.org/factsfears/newsID.194/news_detail.asp
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html

Make sure you eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits veggies and fiber... your colon will work just fine. Really... it was designed pretty damn well.

Commercial processed foods & animal products have no fiber!

Animal products I will grant ya... but there are plenty of breads, cereals, etc. that are commercially processed and have fiber in them.

http://www.cnn.com/FOOD/resources/food.for.thought/grains/cereal/compare.dry.fiber.html
http://www.jhbmc.jhu.edu/cardiology/rehab/fiber.html

Last edited:
Haha..I was waiting for someone to come in here and argue this.

I dont know, for me I think the truth lies somewhere in between. Ive been to many colon cleanse websites that are trying to sell something, and they would have you believe your colon is lined with filth, crawling with worms, etc. etc. I do not personally believe this. I DID a parasite cleanse and no, there were no worms coming out when I took a crap like the people on the website claimed.

HOWEVER, as far as the connection to mental health goes, I do see a connection. A slow moving colon and problems with constipation make a person feel sluggish, tired, even depressed. There have been studies relating to seratonin production and the colon, although I dont know enough about them off the top of my head to site any sources. Ill try and find a link momentarily.

I think it is beneficial to clean out the colon. I DONT however believe in colonic irrigation or anything like that, I just mean cleaning over time with a high fiber diet, eleminating meat (meat rotting in the colon doesnt seem healthy to me) and of course tons of water. I just dont feel right if I cant take a crap every day, and the common american diet isnt very colon friendly.

I used some stuff from DrNatura. Do a google and Im sure you will find the site. I liked it because its basically a fiber mix, a laxative/cleansing tea, and a parasite cleanse. I looked at the stuff in the fiber mix and concluded that Id basically be getting the same effect if I went to the store and bought the 100% natural psyllium husk powder. So I got that and just bought the parasite pills from the site. I did my own cleanse and got pretty good results. Now I just take one fiber drink a day and eat plenty of fruits and veggies, brown rice and whole wheat bread, and it keeps my system moving along pretty good.

WTF "parasite pills"??... you have got to be joking.. what kind of "parasites" are living in your colon???

A sucker is born everyday.

jdude3 said:
WTF "parasite pills"??... you have got to be joking.. what kind of "parasites" are living in your colon???

Ever heard of tapeworms? I'm not saying every person needs to purge themselves in case of parasites, but it does happen.

Sure have... They are quite rare in the U.S.

The three most common intestinal paracites in the U.S. are E. vermicularis (AKA the pinworm), Giardia, and A. duodenale and N. americanus (hook worms).

I am pretty sure DrNatura’s snake oil pills do not contain Metronidazole, Rifampin, or Propamidine. Although finding any information about what is really in the pills…. or how they work doesn’t seem important enough for them to document on the web site.

I can’t believe that intelligent people, with the resources to look up medically and scientifically validated information on the subject still buy this shit. And on a website based on harm reduction, promote the use of herbal supplements that are of questionable safety or effectiveness. Wow….

Like I said.. a sucker is born everyday.

Like someone said............fiber......

when im constipated like a mofo of of opiates nothing works as good as a good dose of benifiber. not laxitives or stool softners.

jdude3 said:

A sucker is born everyday.

Try researching something before you mock it please. Parasite infections are more common than you might think. The herbs in those pills I HAVE researched, they have been used for a long time as a natural remedy for parasites. Some of us do not like to use harsh chemicals in our systems so we go for herbal alternatives. I did not have parasites, but that doesnt mean no one does. Just because you do not agree with something doesnt mean its wrong for everyone, please consider this before you mock people. And parasites are not that rare in the united states, granted they are much more common in some places, but Ive personally known people here in the US who have haD parasitic worm infestations.

Just wanted to add..the herbs in these pills are of no more a "questionable safety" concern than ANY of the alternative herbal products on the market nowadays. Its up to each individual person to try and see how it effects them. These pills did not cause me to be sick in any way.

the herbs in these pills are of no more a "questionable safety" concern than ANY of the alternative herbal products on the market nowadays.

Well that ain't saying much....

With an herbal supplement, you have no idea what quality of product you are getting, how much of the active chemical is in the plant sample they used, what else might be in the sample, or what the dosage of the active principals is present.

This is VERY different than the type of herbalist medicine that was practiced for thousands of years by shamans, gardeners, and other folks who knew what they were getting... and had years of experience working with specific plants in specific regions among a specific people. Internet herb salesmen are not native American shamen… no matter what they might try to make you think.

The thing about SCIENCE vs. pseudoscience... the former actually does clinical trials, double blind placebo studies etc. to insure that medications do what they are supposed to and the risks are known and evaluated properly. They also have quality control.

I am not mocking anything. I mean no offence, but people that buy this stuff and believe these claims IMO are being suckered. There is not a SHREAD of evidence that these herbal supplements (paracite pills) do what they say, nor are there any legitimate studies (that I have yet seen) that support the claims made by the folks selling the stuff. If you got ‘em let me see em.

As for research... you did see the links I provided? I might suggest you read them. Let me know if you need more.

Last edited:
Colon cleanses are proven to enhance overall physical health, as long as the product actually works because there are many quack products out there. Diet however is the best solution to a healthy colon. Excess of meat and lack of fiber in the diet will cause build up in the colon and while toxins themselves per se do not play that big of a factor in terms of colon cleansing, stagnant build up in the colon will increase your risk for parasites and their ovum. I actually had a colonic professionally done where they use gravity feed ph balanced water in three separate steps (descending, transverse, and ascending) and the difference was AMAZING! I felt healthier and proving that it worked, 2 beers got me smashed that following weekend. The only thing to monitor closely when taking in extra soluble or non-soluble fiber is making sure you supplement with plenty or intestinal florae and probiotics.

Does the fiber itself acutally do damage to the natural "good" bacteria? Because Ive been doing colon cleansing with fiber for years and have just barely begun taking a probiotic. :\

Too much fiber can cause some of the florae to move out of the colon too quickly, however it doesn't do any actual physical damage to the probiotics.