Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

New RaveSafe Qld Wesite

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
ravesafe_head.jpg

The new RaveSafe Qld website has been launched. I had some input into this, in that I was given the initial draft and asked to comment on anything I thought should be changed. I made a few recommendations here and there and most seem to have been incorporated. So check it out.

RaveSafe Qld

Any comments, suggestions etc. are welcome.

Here are some things that I think could use changing:

The background on the page, is that really needed ?
Also the amount of different colours on the site, uniformity of colour looks better.
Also the logo at the top and the buttons look out of place.

The design logo itself doesn't look like it represents RaveSafe, maybe some curved fonts and some nice colours would make it more appealing.

They're some of the things that came to my mind first, but overall an OK site.

I don't mind doing design work if you guys really need some as well, it's for a good cause. :)

Thanks,

Xihias

i found a typo under the GHB section, 5th para. "Regular doses of GHB have been known to result in result in dependence with ..."

good work phase, any website is better than no website. I think it does what it was indended to do.

Great website. Glad to see its finally up and running. Its also good to see that the links and views provided to are also non-biased its something i wasnt really expecting.=D 8o

Good stuff, good simple layout with easy to understand but important information :)

Looks good, but fyi the info under LSD has Ketamine's headings :)

I'm a bit shocked though, it's funded by Qld Health, yet we are provided unbias info?! *gasp* :p

Thanks for the comments guys. I've passed them onto the RS administrator. She indicated she would respond when time allows.

I can't say i'm too keen on it, but that is no reflection on you phase.
Their:
"Ravesafe is not controllled by anyone but is a set of beliefs etc" is probably the giveaway."
In almost every other location - but notably Melbourne, South Africa, Dancxesafe US, etc - Ravesafe is peer-controlled, or operates under auspice from a user-controlled organisation (like VIVAIDS) and generally has been peer-initiated.
QLD Health has spent several years eliminating what were once some of the shining stars in the australian user movement.
For me, messages like "the safest way to avoid drug related harm is not to use at all" have no place in a peer-based organisation - in fact i do not believe it is a harm -reduction message at all in a certain sense. the message has a moral undertone; its "well, you're being naughty but..." Fuck that. A crucial element of holistic harm reduction is enabling the user to feeel that drug use is a valid lifestyle choice and to encourage them to ditch the guilt that gets hung on us from day dot.
FTR i do think its pretty atrocious that as RS melb celebrates our 10th birthday we remain without a website, but that is not something i have had any say in for a long time now, and should be rectified soon.

^^ I disagree mibrane. The fact remains that drugs have the potential for harm; psychologically, socially, economically, and physically. Taking drugs isn't morally wrong, and the previous dangers I mentioned can be negated. That being said people who do take drugs can end up with problems and the most effective way to reduce that is to stop use or not begin.

Ideally to reduce the risks associated with use you would need to be assessed before taking them, and would include medical and psychological assessment with education on the effects and positive/negative consequences that may be associated with use. This is not realistic however because drugs are illegal and remain a black market trade that is open and available to anyone who wishes to purchase them.