• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Insufflating Benzodiazapines

omen_owen

Bluelighter
Ok...the argument is long standing with many claiming stronger effects through insufflation, others claiming that it is a waste due to their extrememly low solubility in water.

My theory is that alprazolam could be snorted because although it has a very low solubility in water, the physical amount needed to dose (1mg or so) is so small that it could be adsorbed through the mucous membranes anyway. I don't know what the comparative solubility is to other drugs, but as people usually dose with aroung 100mg for ketamine, cocaine, amphetamine (uk street speed) I'm thinking that alprazolams solubility in water is not 100x less than these other drugs, and so the amount needed to get an effect could be adsorbed through the mucous membranes.

Any thoughts? Those of you who do rail benzo's 'sucessfuly', what type do you use?

omen_owen said:
100mg for ketamine, cocaine, amphetamine (uk street speed)
obviously, line sizes differ from person to person, but i would say 10 lines out of full g of any of the above is pretty standard/average

omen_owen said:
I don't know what the comparative solubility is to other drugs, but as people usually dose with aroung 100mg for ketamine, cocaine, amphetamine (uk street speed) I'm thinking that alprazolams solubility in water is not 100x less than these other drugs, and so the amount needed to get an effect could be adsorbed through the mucous membranes.
The first set of drugs you mention form salts which are freely soluble in water. This is not the case with benzos, and the they are probably fare less soluble in water than you assume.

I feel like I'm the champion of the school of those that fat soluble drugs can be snorted, and that completely fat insoluble drugs (not that their really are any) couldn't be snorted.

I would imagine that you would get into problems with really water insoluble drugs if you had a lot of mucous in your nose, but I would be confident in the fact that you can snort alprazolam and get high (not just because I've seen people do it).

Snorting benzos produce a stronger effect because when they come to your stomach they are already a powder.
Snorting is as strong as swallowing the powder... (I think... no?)

But keep in mind they aren't water soluble so they won't hit you faster the way other drugs hits you faster because they are water soluble ang go to the Blood Brain Barrier faster by snorting.

When snorted, benzo need to go to your stomach to do an effect. ok?

*there are exceptions. Some Benzos are water-soluble:
-ethyl loflazepate (VICTAN)
-midazolam (VERSED)
-dipotassium clorazepate (TRANXENE)
-loprazolam* (HAVLANE)

There are certainly others, but I don't know...
They are hard to obtain, because avalaible only in some coutries...

Between these four only midazolam and loprazolam* hit you very fast when snorted because loflazepate and clorazepate (like chlordiazepoxide, the first benzo) nedd to go through the digestive system to be metabolized to active benzos.

*loprazolam IS NOT lorazepam
(there are always people who think one is the other...)

erm... for the record, substances that are lipophilic DO cross the BBB and hydrophilic substances DON'T. Maybe you just said that, but I couldn't figure it out.

The problem with snorting Benzos isn't so much their solubility as it is the ratio of binders/active drug. A 200-something mg pill of xanax will happily coat your nose allowing very little of the actual drug (1mg) to go through and you'll end up just swallowing it.

However, there are those sublingual Lorazepam pills. Tiny pills they are. And those have a higher success rate for snorting than the ordinary pills, especially if they are the 1mg AtivanSL pills, because they contain less filler/binder per drug.

ok, so I have some pure diazepam. That means no fillers/binders, can this be insufflated? or is swallowing just as effective/more effective?

Diazepam is one of the less potent benzos (ie. even if its pure, you need to stick lots of drugs up there). Some of it will get absorbed by your nasal mucosa, but the majority will just slide down your throat.

Really, it has no benifits in my point of view.

If you REALLY want to take benzos and have them hit you fast, get some warm milk, dissolve your benzo in it, and inject it rectally with a needle-less syringe. That will work even better than snorting, no matter how efficient your powder is.

hehe, yeah, just taking it orally works fine for me... no need to try exotic administration routes for now... :p

i snort my klonipin's every once in a while, and i can definately tell im getting high, and it seems to hit VERY soon after insufflation. i dont do it much with my xanax, cause it burns more, but it works too, in my opinion

I have railed 2 .05 pink zanex and the hit me unbelievable hard. I was just wandering if klonopin worked the same way

Xanax is shorter acting and packs a harder punch that is instantaneous in comparison to kpins. I have railed kpins in my teens when I didn't know any better, they have a nice minty flavor to them. If you insufflate benzos, yeah they're going to do something, but it's pretty pointless really. If you want to get the most out of your bennies then you have to swallow them. Xanax is the only benzo I have ever actually experienced a rush from, which imo is what makes them the most recreational out of all of the RX benzodiazepines.

But seriously just eat them. Back when I did things like that it was because I thought it was hardcore because I was a stupid kid. Some advice for harm reduction's sake. Don't use benzos recreationally period. They lead to nothing but lifelong addiction and the withdraw makes any other, opioids included, look like a cakewalk. Even if you don't get addicted chances are your going to end up doing a bunch of things you will most likely regret, and at the very least make a fool of yourself. There are better drugs out there if you want to get high. They work great for their intended purpose. This is one of those roads you just don't want to go down. Trust.

Talking pure powders I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. Even if it's not absorbed by the nasal mucosa it'll eventually find it's way to your stomach and be absorbed there (well unless I suppose if you blow your nose). The water soluble ones should obviously work fine and I can confirm that at least one does. I had some nifoxipam hcl which can be dissolved in water if you lower the ph a bit with citric/acid (any acid should work but these are the ones I tried and they are mild enough not to fuck up your nose). Made a nasal spray and it was some seriously powerful stuff, 2 mg of it + 2 mg oral flubromazolam knocked me out and had me waking up covered in drool a few hours later (tolerance at that point was 4 mg flubromazolam = slight buzz). And we all know that nifoxipam is very weird when it comes to peoples responses to it when taken orally with everything from about what you would expect from a slightly modified flunitrazepam (aka relatively strong hypnotic) to practically inactive. I never got to the bottom of why oral nifoxipam is so unpredictable, but the spray was some seriously powerful stuff (and felt nice to if you are the type of person that likes benzos). So if you ever come across some nifoxipam hcl, mix with water and citric/acetic acid and make a nasal spray. The only downside is that you'll have to keep it in the fridge or add a preservative since you probably don't want to be spraying who knows what microorganism in your nose. If you micron filter said solution it should be ivable but you're a braver person than me if you choose to try that. Same should also work with any water soluble benzo but good luck finding the pure powder (such a shame no rc company has yet made a midazolam analog).

Crushed pills sound like a bad idea since you would be snorting a lot of binders along with the benzo in question for no apparent benefit.

And if you happen to acquire some pharma iv benzo solution do whatever the fuck you want since you've just gotten something most benzo lovers can only dream about.

I have 1mg clanazepam do they seem to work better when you suck on them vs swallow them? My tolerance is extremely high and I doubt my dr will increase the dose?

Just eat your benzos, they will work better I promise, the BA is super high, most come on really quick and the wait is worth it, even if you had water soluble benzos which would be really effective nasally don't, it'll just raise your tolerance faster...but yes IMO snorting benzos can work especially if its pure powder because the high fat solubility allows it to be absorbed through mucous membranes but don't.

In my opinion rectal administration is by far the best method for most benzo's. Suspend your pill in 10 mL water and administrate with a syringe. It works extremely fast. (10 minutes for alprazolam and 2-3 minutes for zolpidem from experience)

And yes the molecule should be LIPOPHILIC in order to pass mucous membranes, they do not have to be water soluble necessarily. Altough lipophilic molecules that form water soluble salt work the best.

I have 1mg clanazepam do they seem to work better when you suck on them vs swallow them? My tolerance is extremely high and I doubt my dr will increase the dose?

trying taking just half the tablet and place it under your tongue. Clonazepam is very easily absorbed under your tongue. much faster onset, and higher bio-availability. they actually designed them to be taken this way in emergencies for people with seizures. hence its kind of minty taste (paxam 0.5mg for example)

Ok...the argument is long standing with many claiming stronger effects through insufflation, others claiming that it is a waste due to their extrememly low solubility in water.

My theory is that alprazolam could be snorted because although it has a very low solubility in water, the physical amount needed to dose (1mg or so) is so small that it could be adsorbed through the mucous membranes anyway. I don't know what the comparative solubility is to other drugs, but as people usually dose with aroung 100mg for ketamine, cocaine, amphetamine (uk street speed) I'm thinking that alprazolams solubility in water is not 100x less than these other drugs, and so the amount needed to get an effect could be adsorbed through the mucous membranes.

Any thoughts? Those of you who do rail benzo's 'sucessfuly', what type do you use?

so your trying to snort a TINY amount of AP....pure ap powder? like 1 or 2 mg. so what happens with that tiny bit of powder gets stuck on some mucas. then no effect. so you have another line - that one hits
the spot. but then 2 hours later that first tiny bit of powder gets dislodged and get absorbed.

I know somebody who Overdosed on AP in this very manner. respritory depression, heart nearly stopped.

the most effective means for absorbtion for MOSt benzo's is under the tongue. much higher bioavailability in most cases. benzo's are not something to be snorted. you got 1mg of the intended drug in tablet form, and so 99% of that tablet will be
binders and fillers. so it doesnt make sense to snort it.

under the tongue for benzo's

AP? eeeh alprazolam?

IMO forget your insufflation fixation (I am well familiar with smoking, IMing and insufflation fixations) as benzos are excellent to put under your tongue or ingest in an ethanol solution (I'm talking concentrations making ethanol ingested negligible of course).

Bioavailability reasons is right :p