• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

reposting my essay..

Justin

Bluelighter
theres somewhere to put it now, so I figured I'd repost it =D
As you walk in the doors, the music immediately overcomes you. You begin to move instinctively as you wade through the crowd. As you walk through, you notice all the happy people dancing and socializing, and someone offers you a Dum-Dum. You unwrap it, pop it in your mouth, flash your newfound friend a smile, and join in the festivities.
After a few minutes of dancing, you introduce yourself to your new friend witha hug and a smile. They return the gesture, chat for a while, but before long, the urge overcomes you once again, and you and your new friend begin to dance again. After a few more minutes of dancing, you hug your friend once more, and bid them a temporary farewell.
You walk out of the main room, leaving the trance trailing behind you. You wander into the sea of relaxing ravers. In the distance, you notice some sort of exchange... a drug deal? Maybe, but you dont think much of it. Let them have their fun. As you make your way through the sea of smiling faces and pacifiers, you cant help but smile back. You wave and trip over people, smile, and continue on to the jungle.
You enter the jungle tent, and its like a whole different world. Whirling lights, deep, pulsing beats, and swimming lasers engulf you. As you make your way through the moving masses, you feel a strange, yet natural, connection to everyone. Just as you make it through the mass of sweaty people, the tribal beats overtake you, and you become one with the masses.
Before you've even thought about it, an hour has passed, but the crowd is really moving now. You come across a crossroads in your mind: stay and continue to move instinctively to the tribal beats before you, or see what else is happening? Before you even make a conscious decision, your body makes it for you. You wiggle your way through the crowd, all the while occasionally pausing as the primitave urges take hold.
Finally, back to the sea of smiles. As you wade through once again, glowsticks tightly clutched, you feel tranquil and calm. At the same moment of deep thought, you inadvertantly plow into someone. You apologize clumsily, and they respond with a hug and a warm smile. Another fledgling friendship has been created.
As you finally arrive back in the main room, the deep trance takes your body for a ride. You slink through the crowd like a snake through grass. The deafening bass stops you from conversing with anyone, but you feel they all have the same thoughts of solidarity. All that is required between you and them is a smile, and maybe a nod.
You enter upon a group of 5 people, all dancing and waving their glowsticks in time with the music... but something's missing... Aha! You offer up some of your collection of candy to them, and immediately, you're part of their group. You join in the festivities with your own glowsticks, and before you know whats what, you and your new friends are but a beaded blur of blue, green, orange, and purple streaks. As you dance and smile, you wish the moment would never end...
But alas, you notice the sunlight seeping in over the masses. Could it be morning already? As the final dj's wrap up their sets, you get the information that will be needed to stay in contact with your newfound friends.. at least the ones that you can still find. Somehow though, in the back of your mind, you know you and your masses of new friends will meet again. And its that hope that keeps you coming back.

I remeber that essay. Thanks for reposting. It's like a "word's greatest hits" forum for now.
smile.gif

------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."

yah, not much posting here yet... that'll change tho =)
btw, I like your poem =)
PLUR
Justin

Very good job Justin!
I like how you ended it, about how knowing that you will meet again is what makes you go back. It sounds like it's a very true story of yours, and I know it's what makes me go back again and again!
PEACE
shE-ra

i liked that, very true
"whatever it is i think i see, becomes a tootsie roll to me"