• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Black Books

Mr_AuDiO

Bluelighter
Starring:

Dylan Moran as Bernard Black
Bill Bailey as Manny Bianco
Tamsin Greig as Fran Katzenjammer

Bernard Black runs his own bookshop even though he doesn't much like people who buy books and hates having customers. Next door to Bernard's shop is the Nifty Gifty gift shop run by Fran, probably Bernard's only friend in the world. When Bernard's accountant goes on the run Bernard employs stress victim, Manny to help in his shop. This leads to a series of surreal adventures around the shop.

Just watched all seasons on dvd and what a great show this is, so funny!

Dylan Moran is great and has a unique type of humour that I love. He has recently done a standup called Dylan Moran: Monster, has anyone seen it? Has it been released in Melbourne yet?

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0262150/

love it!
i own seasons 1/2/3 on dvd, fantastic british humour!
love dylan moran's character, his facial expressions are priceless :D
dylan moran was in that zombie movie out a little bit ago (forget it's name), it was interesting seeing him in a serious role.

^ shawn of the dead i think you mean.
black books is by far my favourite comedy. when you put together to legendry stand-ups it has to be good.
the best episode has to be the one when the cleaner comes.

'Dirty!'

Just finished the last season and its by far one of my favourite shows!

black books was brilliant so was peepshow, just shows that bbc arnt the only ones who can do good comedy.

Peepshow was really funny.

I've not seen very much black books, which is really strange considering how popular it's was. I'm looking at maybe getting the first series.