• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

When will the w/ds end

drukgz

Greenlighter
Ive been using around 90 mgs of morphine and a hell of alot of vicodin for the past three months continuously. I recently moved to atlanta and I cant score up here. Its probably for the best, I know that I should walk the straight and narrow, so I quit using 3 days ago. The first day was absolute hell. The second day was just about the same. Today I feel like complete shit, like its been kicked in by a gang of bikers. I cant keep food down at all and I have a bastard of a headache. When am I going to feel at least well enough to walk a block without passing out?

drukgz said:
Ive been using around 90 mgs of morphine and a hell of alot of vicodin for the past three months continuously. I recently moved to atlanta and I cant score up here. Its probably for the best, I know that I should walk the straight and narrow, so I quit using 3 days ago. The first day was absolute hell. The second day was just about the same. Today I feel like complete shit, like its been kicked in by a gang of bikers. I cant keep food down at all and I have a bastard of a headache. When am I going to feel at least well enough to walk a block without passing out?

Acute withdrawls last anywhere from 3-5 days. I'd expect you to feel pretty good by day 4. You'll probably feel run-down, and have trouble sleeping for a while, but it shouldn't be too bad. Were you eating the morphine?

You're almost through it. It's pretty amazing how you can go from absolute dope-sick to almost functional overnight.

Cheers
doc

I cant say that im by any means functional. I ran out of morphine well before I ran out of vicodin. I spent about two days fighting withdrawl from morphine with about 15-20 mgs of vic at a time. It didnt really help, but it kept me normal. I was eating the morphine, a "friend" has 30s going for way too cheap not to be addicted. I imagine that im almost through the morphine withdrawls, coming off of vicodin has always been somewhat easy (although uncomfortable) for me.

drukgz said:
I cant say that im by any means functional. I ran out of morphine well before I ran out of vicodin. I spent about two days fighting withdrawl from morphine with about 15-20 mgs of vic at a time. It didnt really help, but it kept me normal. I was eating the morphine, a "friend" has 30s going for way too cheap not to be addicted. I imagine that im almost through the morphine withdrawls, coming off of vicodin has always been somewhat easy (although uncomfortable) for me.

Uh... opiate withdrawal is pretty much opiate withdrawal. You're only prolonging the suffering with the vics. Best to just bite the bullet and hole up for a couple days.

cheers
doc

damn. I feel sort of like a dipshit then. I just ended up scoring 10 vic 7.5's. Should I not use them at all? I dont believe anyone that ever says that they can taper off of hardcore use, you just end up using everything. I know that what im going through is pretty smalltime around these parts, but it still sucks none the less.

What I find so amazing with the morphine/ hydrocodone mix is the relatively poor high ffrom the morphine as compared to the hydrocodone, but the WD from the morphine is way worse than then hydrocodone. At least for me. I got down to 60mgs Kadian a day and decided to cut it out and just subsititue hydro as needed for the WD. Man, it took me 120mgs of hydro just to get my ass out of bed.

i don't mean to draw too much attention away, but what are withdrawal symptoms? I've been using for a year and have never encountered them. I have specifically browsed Other Drugs for over a year and I have never seen anyone describe "acute withdrawal symptoms", ever, besides "hell and headache". I know how long they last, how to treat them, how to be prepared...but against what exactly?

Yea, just coldturkey it in this case. That seems the best way to me. Have shit to do while you are in "hell and headache." Suffering is worst when you realize how much TIME you have. One day sounds like nothing, and it is nothing, but not when you are in a pounding headache.

I'm not sure if withdrawal symptoms include a pounding headache.... but safe guess?

you have been useing for a year and have never had any withdrawel? do you use daily?if so you will def get acute withdrawel upon discontinuation

it is a whole hell of a lot worse than pounding headache

if you keep useing you will def get to know what it means first hand

Last edited:
I'm a successful chipper. Or binger. I have used daily for up to a month and all I felt was being slightly cold for about 3 days. I use daily when I use, but there are plenty of breaks between each binge.

creative random, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but if you have been using for a year straight and haven't had WDs yet, A) count yourself lucky and B) get ready for some fucking sick nasty feelings, if your supply ever runs out or you decide to stop (not sure what your everyday habit is).

In any case, my quick experiences with WDs include, at 12-hour mark of not taking shorter acting opiates (oxycontin, etc), irritability, teary eyes, yawns, body aches. At around the 18-24 hour period, the symptoms I listed increase, along with EXTREME anxiety, involuntary muscle movements, sweats, chills, nausea, and the shits. On top of those fun symptoms, add complete restlessness, a form of restless leg syndrome (incredible leg pains), insomnia, cramps, etc. Typically, in my experiences (prolly about 100+ 2 day or more WD "sessions") the feelings only get more intense for the next couple days, with some normalacy returning on day 6-7 (though intense anxiety, cramps, and insomnia continue to persist for many moons after).

swybs

creative, how much do you use and what substance? And I can say the same thing happened to me, for the "honeymoon period" of the first year or two, taking 80-160mg of hydrocodone a day. The WDs were relatively minor in the beginning, because I always thought I had a cold, flu, etc. Learning about them only made the fear and psychosymptoms worse...

swybs

swybs describes it quite well, take notes

the only thing i would stress (at least for me) is a feeling of being far too tired to do ANYTHING, incredible mental fatigue and muscular weakness, but also too anxious/awake to sleep. thus you are pretty much stuck in bed feeling sorry for yourself for hours (or days), wishing you could just sleep through it. if you have mild w/ds (which are still horrible) then you are ok if you can manage to just lay in bed for 1-2 days watching movies.

also a pretty strong feeling of hopelessness/depression. its very difficult to think rationally.

Opiate Withdrawl sucks, anyone can agree with that, if they have been through it. The worst of it will pass within a week, depending upon your usage. It looks like you were on some pretty strong meds, and the Hydrocodone might help taper you off, but you are still going to have withdrawls, as long as that mu receptor is getting Opiates, they are staved off. The worst for me, was the incontinence and the lack of sleep, cravings were nominal. I had more GI upset and insomnolnence than anything else.
Hang in there, it will go away....and dont go on Methadone Maintenance..that just makes it worse IMO...

Ouch, sounds like you've been going cold turkey. Some benzos would probably be nice right about now, huh? I don't care about what anyone says about "trading one addiction for another".. valium was the only thing that really helped me the last time I went through withdrawal.

Have you been taking any other meds to try to help ease the w/ds?

i was detoxing off of about 120mg morphine and 60-80mg of hydro a day about two months ago, it took about 6 days for things to start getting better, hang in there man i found the worst part to be the mental cravings, I cried myself to sleep many of nights, but i made it through and so can you, good luck my freind.

Im feeling alot better this morning. Although I did wake up with a cold... and i do have to ride 300 miles, yay! I still havent taken anything, which is really an exercise in self control because I have a bunch of vicodin 7.5s right now. If I feel uncomfortable during the ride, I might take a couple. I know what you mean about that whole feeling hopeless thing, lazy. Its an awful, miserable feeling. I wanted to jump out of my apartment window onto the i75 at one point(i cant figure out if i was ever really serious about that) but I hate that road so..

hey man

Try feeling better because you are no longer abusing the drug, everyday try and use that to help make you feel better. Mentaly fight the withdrawls.

Congrats also man, it takes alot for someone to admit that they are walking the wrong path and it's time to change

Props
One Love

digital

So... does withdrawal have any pain involved? What has been described sounded extremely descriptive, and no doubt must feel like shit beyond the worst crash... but is there actual pain? As in something pounding your skull with a hammer or like someone shot you in the stomach?

Don't confuse what I'm saying, many things are worse than pain. But I took notice nothing about headache was noted. Perhaps the muscle aches is the pain.

I have been IV'ing heroin for a year. It is good quality heroin; from the Baltimore area. It is half a 20 sack that I do on average, and my tolerance has been so for my whole year of usage except the first month.

Like I said, I'm a chipper/binger, and take many breaks. I have currently gone 13 days without heroin as I am on vacation, and felt no withdrawals after a two week daily use binge.

I always use once a day, and my binges go from a week to four weeks long. There is a break between at least a week long. Doing this causes my tolerance to never rise above 2/3's of a bag and I never gain a habit. And sometimes during my binges I have a day off here or there.

For me using is a sort of an "itch". Once I have binged and felt that itch has been "scratched" I stop using. No, this does not mean my stash has gone dry. I mean what I say.

As much as I hate advocating the trading of one addiction for another, I have only gone through withdrawals from opiates once. They were pretty severe by day three and it occured to me that DXM is dissociative and not physically addictive so I decided to give it a shot to help. The out of body experience helped to rid me of some of the pain and suffering, though making it to the bathroom during the shits phases became rough. After two days of an almost constant dxm high, I felt drained but was past the withrawals and considered it worth it. I have never been addicted to a drug in my life, but my desire to use more pills to stave off wd was the closest I ever came.

p.s. I took high doses as I was experienced with it and spent nearly 48 hours in the third and fourth plateau range.