⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Little Britain (BBC)

mariacallas

Bluelight Crew
Little Britain (BBC)

little_britain.jpg

About Little Britain

"Britain, Britain, Britain, land of technological achievement.We’ve had running water for over 10 years, an underground tunnel that links us to Peru and we invented the cat. But none of these inventions would have been possible if it had not been for the people of Britain and it’s those people we look at today."
rotate03.jpg

LMAO!!! i love this show, i only caught this on cable the other week and its frikkin hilARIOUS!!!
ANybody else watch this?

Yeah I've got a copy of the series one DVD here. Haven't really watched much of it yet, but I like what I've seen so far.

All class. ;)

"I want that one."

"But you said it was repetitive and relied on the same gags over and over?"

"I WANT THAT ONE!"

Seriously, it's good but couldn't really have gone on much longer without some fresh ideas.

--- G.

i caught this show by accident a while back whilst having pre drinks and flicking between channels on the tee vee. it's hilarious. props to the brits once again - they really do make some great shows.

tambourine-man said:
I'm just impressed that anyone 'over the pond' actually sat through an edisode.

+1

why?

it's not as obscure ( oh, i'm sorry, i mean
"high brow" 8) ) as Monty Python and it's
not altogether topical... the "para-types"
that they make fun of we've been making
fun over here since the day of the sitcom...

it's far more easy to swallow than, say,
the craptastic HOLLOW MAN.

i just ordered the DVD from Amazon.com

i just saw my first episode of Little Brittain
on BBC AMERICA over here... and I instantly
adored it...

(i like that Giles from BUFFY is in it ;) )

It wasn't a slate on American taste, per se... sorry if it came across as such. More that 'some' of the show tends to play on quite specific charicatures of British culture... though I admit that a flagrantly gay assistant to the Prime Minister isn't exactly specific. I dunno... just never struck me as one of those programmes that would ever have made the transition... but then again, I'd have thought 'The Office' would have died on it's arse in the States - but Ricky Gervais has been the darling of the chat shows!

Maybe I'm not giving you guys (and the writers) enough credit. Cross-culturally, I used to fucking love 'The Larry Sanders Show'... and that was playing on some pretty specific humour around devious celebrities and backstabbing networks... Shame it had to finish.

im an american and since hearing about this yesterday, i have seen multiple references, this thread, and a commercial for the DVD on tv. I bet this will become wildly popular, or atleast a flavor of the week

Re: Little Britain (BBC)

crystalcallas said:
little_britain.jpg

About Little Britain

"Britain, Britain, Britain, land of technological achievement.We’ve had running water for over 10 years, an underground tunnel that links us to Peru and we invented the cat. But none of these inventions would have been possible if it had not been for the people of Britain and it’s those people we look at today."
rotate03.jpg

LMAO!!! i love this show, i only caught this on cable the other week and its frikkin hilARIOUS!!!
ANybody else watch this?

Haha....I love it too! Star World Rocks!

what is Stella Street!!! DO TELL =D

oh and i live in very close proximity to Fengtau ...hence we get the Little Britain viewing on Starworld Asia :D

It's a weird concept... the idea is that Michael Caine, Mick Jagger, Jack Nicholson, David Bowie, David Essex, Sting, Mike Duggan, John Lennon, Keith Richards, Joe Pesci, Roger Moore, Marlon Brando, Van Morrison, Al Pacino, Paul McCartney, Richard Burton, Dustin Hoffman and a load of others... all live on the same middle(ish)-class English suburban street.

The trick is that all the characters are played by just two guys. It's basically an excuse for them to do ridiculous impressions of famous people in bizarre circumstances... Any of the scenes with Mick Jagger, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino or Joe Pesci are frequently hilarious - purely because it's so over the top... but it really is an acquired taste.

Fucking bizzare stuff at times.

yes on little britain - it's great.

also yes on stella street. i do find it gets a little old fast but it's such a great idea well implemented.

alasdair