PDA

View Full Version : Sudafed triggering a false positive for amphetamine drug test

KingZero
15-08-2005, 00:04
Alright, I for one don't believe this... well I'm pretty positive that it's not true but some stupid kid that rides the bus with me said "I took sudaffed and failed for amphetamines the other night." I didn't believe him but I didn't say anything about him being a dumb ass not knowing what he was saying... now if it's true i'm going to look dumb haha, but anyways just wanted to make sure.

fastandbulbous
15-08-2005, 00:17
Yep, in some tests ephedrine/pseudoephedrine can make it positive for methamphetamine. Thing is, if he says that is pseudoephedrine they can send it away for a more detailed test & they'll confirm the fact that it's not amphetamine/methamphetamine.

KingZero
15-08-2005, 00:27
Oh, I didn't know that because once I took 2 sudaffeds and pass the next day for amphetamines, oh well I don't know or think that he got in trouble for it... because here most of the drug tests they do go to the labs regaurdless if what the kids say triggered it/.

paradoxcycle
15-08-2005, 01:46
Moving to Drug Testing, mods please move back if necessary.

Sea-C
16-08-2005, 03:45
isn't that why sudafed other related medicines can't be purchased over the counter anymore???Thats how it is here.

KingZero
16-08-2005, 05:08
I can buy sudafed over the counter here, but they're taking DXM products behind counters and you have to be 18 to buy them now. (in utah)

Sea-C
16-08-2005, 05:40
DXM can still be bought over the counter but sudafed and such items have to be be bought from a pharmacists and ur only allowed so many per year.

I'm in Morehead, KY.

andruejaysin
16-08-2005, 07:29
Pseudofed if behind the counter because people use it to make meth. You have to show ID and they write your name down. DXM is not like that, but some stores only sell it if you are 18. This is in KS. I've heard DXM can give false positives for PCP.

KingZero
18-08-2005, 07:01
DXM can cause false positives for PCP and Opiates, I failed for opiates after a 800mg trip, the next day I got tested and they accused me of using Heroin, but I persuaded them to believe me.

KingZero
21-08-2005, 01:06
Originally posted by andruejaysin
Pseudofed if behind the counter because people use it to make meth. You have to show ID and they write your name down. DXM is not like that, but some stores only sell it if you are 18. This is in KS. I've heard DXM can give false positives for PCP.

You mean- Sudafed, we all know you can make meth with it, that's everywhere now... common sense. lol your post was absolutely pointless.

DarthMom
29-08-2005, 19:54
Actually smarty pants, his post wasn't pointless since it accurately answered the question. And pseudofedrine is the generic name for sudafed so he in fact did mean pseudofed. Don't be so rude in the future.

paradoxcycle
30-08-2005, 21:38
^LOL @ "smarty pants"!

DarthMom
31-08-2005, 04:24
lol it's the old lady in me.