• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official NCAA Football 2005 thread

smotpoker

Bluelighter
Well, since we got an NFL thread going, might as well get the NCAA going too:)

My predictions in a nutshell: USC will lose to Arizona St. this year, and maybe Cal also.

Ohio State could (and should ) run the tables, but they will prolly, as much as it rips me up to say this, lose to Michigan in the season finale. The team who usually has more to lose usually does.

Urban Meyer will find out the hard way that coaching in a REAL conference is far different than coaching Utah, and he will do good at Florida too.

My Rose Bowl: Purdue vs Tennessee. Yeah, I am going out on a huge limb with this prediction, but Purdue missed both Ohio State and Michigan on their schedule, and they got every single starter back on a defense that terrorized RB's and QB's last year. Tennessee is stacked this year, and I'm just going with my gut on them.

Teddy Ginn Jr will win the Heisman this year, barely beating out Reggie Bush of USC.

I hope the Buckeyes can win it all, they definitely have the talent to do it, but it's awfully hard to win a game at The Big House with 120,000 screaming fans rooting against you; something USC, and Purdue for that matter won't find out this year.

Go Bucks!!!!

Re: The Official NCAA Footbal 2005 thread

smotpoker said:
Ohio State could (and should ) run the tables, but they will prolly, as much as it rips me up to say this, lose to Michigan in the season finale. The team who usually has more to lose usually does.
Go Bucks!!!!

I attended the last OSU/MICH game and let me tell you what I saw first-hand: a good old fashioned ass whippin'. on paper, the men in maize and blue looked to be a couple touchdowns better, but we all know what we learned in school about things looking good on paper (*cough* communism).

since it's basically the same men in scarlet and grey as it was last year, and due to the fact that I think they will improve immensely behind 05 Heisman contender Ginn and Gamble, OSU wins the season-ender in The Big House.

and they contend for the Big 10 Championshimp. and we all know if you contend for the Big 10 Title, you contend for a Nat'l Title as well.

now just because I can:

O-H!!

I-O!!

Teddy Ginn is a fuckin monster, when he literally "turns it on" it's like you're watching a replay in fast forward - he's that fast. I really can't give a prediction for this season, because I am 100% biased, but I look for OSU or Michigan to take the Big 10. I couldn't give a crap about those other divisions. ;)

WOOOOHHOOOO... My favorite time of the year!!!!!

LET'S GO BUCKEYES!!!! =D

instead of this being the NCAA 05 Thread, it looks to be more like an OSU Buckeye Football Appreciation thread.

change the name BA? :D

GO BUCKS!

ITS DEFINITELY OH - IO THIS YEAR!

Yes everyone will put the hype on the OSU-Michigan game because its at the end of the year, and it will seal the Rose Bowl for OSU. BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE. Isn't everyone forgetting about a major game on September 10th??? ...

*The Voice of Keith Jackson Suddenly Booms*

"From the banks of the mighty Olentangy River, we have a spectacular showdown here at the 'Shoe. Its a warm summer evening here in Columbus, Ohio, and a great night for a game. The Buckeyes are out in full force for this early season match up of two powerhouses. The sensational Vince Young and the Texas Longhorns stampede into Ohio to take on The Ohio State University Buckeyes and this years Heisman Winner (Yes I said it :D ) the unstoppable Teddy Ginn."

Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? A night game in Columbus??? Do they know how much Buckeyes drink??? As the old saying goes: "The Ohio State University: We pregame harder than you party" =D

^yeah dude. I have been telling everybody with 1/4 a liking to OSU football that GAME 2 will be a red-letter day for the Bucks and will also serve as an omen to their future (or lack of) this year.

I'm thinkin' a BL buckeye game meetup might be in order this fall. Heinegate anyone? (or whatever the fuck it's called) ;)

^ cant you have a meet up where you just sit around and do drugs like we do?

I suppose we could, but a football game is fun too! :)

Oh we will. I don't think you understand the mass amounts of alcohol that are cosumed during a Buckeye football weekend. Why do you think there is one of the largest Budweiser plants in the country about 8 minutes up I-71? :)

Rollin_to_Oakenfold said:
Oh we will. I don't think you understand the mass amounts of alcohol that are cosumed during a Buckeye football weekend. Why do you think there is one of the largest Budweiser plants in the country about 8 minutes up I-71? :)

ahh the mighty double Bud tower of Westerville. for two weeks my crew had a contract at a corporate office across the street from that building and I couldn't help but stare and drool at the plant.

everytime i drive by that i swear it smells like greenbeans... i know its crazy but i swear it does

USC'll wreck shop again.

Welcome back Reggie Bush.

Welcome back Mr. I would've been the #1 draft pick but decided to be a Trojan another year so that I could be king of this school and bang this chick from the OC. :)

go bucks! can't wait to pick up my tickets next week.

i have no predictions about college football, aside from the fact that i will be drunk 99% of the times ohio state plays, and i'll probably spend at least a few nights this fall passed out on a park bench on campus. glad i decided not to graduate until december.

Re: The Official NCAA Footbal 2005 thread

smotpoker said:
Well, since we got an NFL thread going, might as well get the NCAA going too:)

My predictions in a nutshell: USC will lose to Arizona St. this year, and maybe Cal also.

Urban Meyer will find out the hard way that coaching in a REAL conference is far different than coaching Utah, and he will do good at Florida too.

My Rose Bowl: Purdue vs Tennessee. Yeah, I am going out on a huge limb with this prediction, but Purdue missed both Ohio State and Michigan on their schedule, and they got every single starter back on a defense that terrorized RB's and QB's last year. Tennessee is stacked this year, and I'm just going with my gut on them.

Teddy Ginn Jr will win the Heisman this year, barely beating out Reggie Bush of USC.

I hope the Buckeyes can win it all, they definitely have the talent to do it, but it's awfully hard to win a game at The Big House with 120,000 screaming fans rooting against you; something USC, and Purdue for that matter won't find out this year.

Go Bucks!!!!

RE: Predictions...

Sorry...I'm pretty sure USC's offense will outgun both of those teams, not to mention neither ASU nor Cal have great defenses coming into the season. SC's defense is young and inexperienced w/ 6 new starters, but very talented nonetheless. Cal's offense is in rebuild mode and ASU, while potent w/ Keller and Hagan, still don't have much of a running game. You'll probably be better off picking Oregon as the upset special.

Saying Urban Meyer will fail and succeed at Florida is not much of a prediction. I'll take the latter and say he'll do just fine at Florida.

Teddy Ginn Jr. winning the heisman over Reggie Bush....hahah only a buckeye fan would dare say such a blasphemous statement. This is not to say Ginn doesn't have great potential...he's just not near Reggie Bush's level quiiiite yet.

and the apologetic tone from your dismay of the Bucks going into the Big House is amusing. Who cares if Purdue or USC aren't going there? Big deal. San Diego State almost beat the Wolverines there....not to mention giving OSU just as hard of a time. ;)

I just hope this thread doesn't become another ghost town like last year if the Buckeyes falter early. :p :D