• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official NFL 2005 Season Thread

Rosclot

Bluelighter
I figured I would start a thread about the 2005 season. If this is in the wong place or if there is already one started let me know and please move or merge accordingly.

My Wish
Da Bears go 16-0 only allowing only 3 points all season and scoring 1,420 points

but seriously

I am a die hard Bears fan and hope they do well this year. They looked promising tonight in the Hall of Fame game. I think that their new offensive coordinator Ron Turner is going to bring good things to the team. Musin Muhammed (sp) is a great addition to the team I just hope that Grossman lives up to expectations and can get him the ball.
The defense should do well now that everyone is healthy, hopefully Urlacher will have another Pro Bowl season.

My Prediction
This has to be the Colts year. I believe that if they would have had home field advantage last year that they would have won the Super Bowl. They need to do that this year. They cannot beat New England at Foxboro in the snow but if Manning is at home in his dome he is virtually unstoppable.

Well I have more to say but lets have some other people chime in here.

By the way I love the Sunday Ticket Nothing better then relaxing on a Sunday watching 14 different games.

Threads like these generally go in The Lounge. If there is already one there (which I think there might be) it will be merged.

Excellent, I was just asking j22 if he wanted to start a new thread for the upcoming season but this is perfect. Can't wait!!

I just hope my beloved Cowboys can go 8-8 (im realistic), but as long as the Eagles or Redskins dont win, Ill be happy.=D =D =D

I'm a Colts fan all the way...but I still think the Steelers AND the Pats can kick their ass any day of the season. The Colts simply cannot base a great season around whether or not Manning gets to play in a dome or not. That does not define a great quarterback. Manning is the new Marino :(

A bunch of guys in tight pants slapping each other on the ass, sounds like The Village People...

I still think the Steelers will have a championship season, but this is limited to the fact that I am a die-hard Steelers fan.

- I think the Bears have lots of room to improve in 05 with their bad ass defense hopefully remaining healthy (Urlacher and that 55 outside LB was a BEAST!) also look out for Portis and is Grossman back?
- The Colts will be a solid football team for awhile and make the playoffs, I just don't see them realistically making the Championships. they need to play harder nosed football.
- The Pats will still be good (groan). I see them and the Steelers fighting for the AFC for a couple years.

I srsly can't fuckin' wait!

I think it is going to be hard for the Steelers to repeat last years performance. Rothlessburger was amazing but I now that teams have had a chance to study him they are going to be better at exploiting his week points. Add the fact they got rid of 2 of their wide receivers, I forgot who but I am pretty sure they only have Randel El left from last year and with Staley being hurt I don't see them going as far as they did last year.

Well I am sure the Eagles will win the NFC again this year (no surprise there) and I am pretty hopeful they will at least make it to the Super Bowl. My prediction: New England & Philadelphia.

plenty of things to talk about in the pro football world, but I'll give it a few weeks while preseason sorts itself out.

my hope for my team is that the Texans make the playoffs. its a semi-realistic goal. Im not a die hard fan yet, I'll wait until they are around 6-4 before i get too excited

I'm somewhat doubtful that Eli Manning will be able to step up and take charge of the Giants, but it will be an interesting season nonetheless.

I used my avatar like those getto people with there christmas lights, just leave it up till next season comes around.

For the Eagles, Pinkston, even though not a great player is a bad loss this early. Hopefully Greg lewis will step his game up. I really don't see anyone but the Falcons being a Problem for the Eagles this season. But thats only if Vick can figure out he is a quaterback.

The AFC is going to be close, there are a lot of good teams. But I'm thinking its the colts year.

Superbowl Eagles-Colts; winner Eagles=D

Well TO's on the way back to Atlanta from training camp. Seems like him and Andy Ried got into a disagreement. On the radio they said its only a 10 day suspension.

I am a huge Jets fan, and I realistically think they have a shot to go all the way this year...and I am not one of those fans that says that every year about their team. If everyone stays healthy, plays to their potential, and they find ways to win close games, I think it could be a very good season.

However, their division should be tight as always. The Bills should be quality, the Pats are the Pats (even though I suspect a slight dropoff), and the Dolphins - well - the Dolphins still stink, but it should be a tight race:)

I think the AFC division winners will be Baltimore, Jets, Colts, and San Diego, with New England and Pittsburgh grabbing wildcards.

I am sorry to rain on your parade Axl, but I gotta tell ya something .....

The Growl is back in the Jungle. I am being completely realistic saying this, the Bengals are going to win the AFC North. I cannot wait for this season to start! "Who-Dey, Who-Dey Who-Dey Think They Gonna Beat D'em Bengals!"

The Colts and Pats are still going to be good. The Falcons are going to make a run, and the Eagles might if TO would quit being a bitch.

And just to let everyone know, the first Bengals preseason game is this Friday ;) haha.

Originally posted by Rollin_to_Oakenfold
and the Eagles might if TO would quit being a bitch.

Are you serious? If you think we need him to win, you are sorely mistaken.

^He's gonna be super salty when he gets this shit slammed back in his face. :D

And all I truly care about is the Packers, and their shit is FUCKED, so I am sad :( I'm sure I'll have lots of fun screaming at the television with my dad and uncle at least :D

And I'm thinking it's gonna be the Colts this year. They look good, and I've just got that feeling about them...

paradoxcycle said:
Originally posted by Rollin_to_Oakenfold
and the Eagles might if TO would quit being a bitch.

Are you serious? If you think we need him to win, you are sorely mistaken.

Are you serious? He is one of the best wide receivers in the league. Granted they can win games without him but they will not be able to win the Super without him.

SonOF said:
I think the AFC division winners will be Baltimore, Jets, Colts, and San Diego, with New England and Pittsburgh grabbing wildcards.

That's some crazy pics right there. To say that the Jets are goint to beat out the Pats to win the division is a pipe dream.