• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Home.

harraser

Bluelighter
This house was built by giants.

With it's ten foot ceilings and it's light switches and door knobs at head height you forever feel like a child. Miniscule. Insignificant.

This place is perfect for us. There is a certain romance about dilapidated houses. To the likes of us they ache of home in a way that no ultra-modern computerized touch of a button mod cons condominium ever could. From the puddles on the kitchen floor when it rains, to the mould, oh the mould, growing rampant on the bathroom ceiling and spreading like a cancer throughout the rest of the house, this place was home and perfect like no other could be.

The grass in the yard, too thick and overgrown to walk through, too full of old rotting apples and oranges to mow. The gardens, testaments to some backyard farmer long dead by now, still thriving despite the years of neglect. Apples and oranges. Rhubarb and rosemary. Spring onions and pumpkins. All healthier, all tastier than anything you could hope to find in a store.

If we showed our parents they would never understand. We could spend all year explaining with the most articulate and verbose descriptions and they would still shake their heads, wondering where they went wrong. How could a middle aged nine-to-five suburbanite ever see that here in this house with its gravity defying lean, we have all we could ever need. A herculean hot water system, a 2 minute walk to chinese food and an all night liquor store, and somewhere to plug in the radio.

At night we shiver in the cold and wake damp with moisture or the sweat of our fevers. The space heater forever fighting its futile battle against the unseen enemy creeping in through the gaps around the doors and windows.

In this house you are never completely comfortable.

In this house you could never ever stagnate.

In this house, where you are always laughing and nothing really matters, we found perfection.

This house is Home.

Originally posted by harraser
This house was built by giants.

With it's ten foot ceilings and it's light switches and door knobs at head height you forever feel like a child. Miniscule. Insignificant.

This place is perfect for us. There is a certain romance about dilapidated houses. To the likes of us they ache of home in a way that no ultra-modern computerized touch of a button mod cons condominium ever could. From the puddles on the kitchen floor when it rains, to the mould, oh the mould, growing rampant on the bathroom ceiling and spreading like a cancer throughout the rest of the house, this place was home and perfect like no other could be.

The grass in the yard, too thick and overgrown to walk through, too full of old rotting apples and oranges to mow. The gardens, testaments to some backyard farmer long dead by now, still thriving despite the years of neglect. Apples and oranges. Rhubarb and rosemary. Spring onions and pumpkins. All healthier, all tastier than anything you could hope to find in a store.

If we showed our parents they would never understand. We could spend all year explaining with the most articulate and verbose descriptions and they would still shake their heads, wondering where they went wrong. How could a middle aged nine-to-five suburbanite ever see that here in this house with its gravity defying lean, we have all we could ever need. A herculean hot water system, a 2 minute walk to chinese food and an all night liquor store, and somewhere to plug in the radio.

At night we shiver in the cold and wake damp with moisture or the sweat of our fevers. The space heater forever fighting its futile battle against the unseen enemy creeping in through the gaps around the doors and windows.

In this house you are never completely comfortable.

In this house you could never ever stagnate.

In this house, where you are always laughing and nothing really matters, we found perfection.

This house is Home.

the stuff you write feels epic. like, this is really personal, yet at the same time haunting, beautiful, and kind of informative about the world. it feels like *the world*.

and it's cute :)

This place was knocked down a little while ago. and really, as romanticised as my image was, it got pretty bad in the end. isnt it funny how when something is quite sucky you can get attached to it and feel like youre something special for recognizing the beauty that noone else does, but give it a little time to fall a little further from grace and you end up saying good riddance like the rest of them. still... good times.

Oh my god Ant! I miss you. <3

I guess I didn't read this first time around, but it's wonderful. Reminds me of that Darnielle passage you gave me years ago.

im pretty sure i had that in mind when i wrote it. a little exercise in style...borrowing.

and i miss you too from time to time love. drop me a note some time if you still have my details.

hello, old friend.

i've been moving from here to there, and there to here and everywhere in between over the past 10 years. I still haven't found a place I can call home. But I'm really, really happy for you, because it seems you have :)

This piece of writing was simply beautiful. It seriously feels like a page taken from a classic novel.