Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movie: Happiness (very minor spoiler in discussion)

Tanuki_23

Bluelighter
Who has seen it? So hilarious. My favorite scene is when Phillip Seymour Hoffman is on the couch with Lara Flynn Boyle . . . pure genius. I didn't realize the movie was such an over the top comedy until the pervert dad is sitting on the couch and his kid asks him if he would ever "fuck him in the ass", to which his dad replied: "No, I'd only jack-off." Was it so wrong for me to laugh outloud at that. Anyway great movie. Sorry if there is already a thread on this movie, but I suck at searching.

Oddly humorous, completely disturbing.

"I came!"

^It was disturbing for me until the end, then "I got it", and it just became what it was, a great comedy . . . for people sick in the head.

this is the film that really made me like solondz... too bad he then proceeded to put out some real shite. i guess what he does is hit or miss by nature.

^^^ This film is seriously one of the most fucked up films out there! I LOVE IT!!

My boyfriend got it out for me when i was 18 and coming down off chemicals for the first time. Needless to say, it was a rather surreal experience.

Nevertheless, extremely funny. Favourite line:

"I want to fuck you so hard I cum out your mouth"

HAHHAH. OUCH8o

Excelent movie, but yeah, very disturbing (in a funny way). It's been years since I've seen it, but I still remember the icecream thing (or whatever it was he was trying to drug). It's the sort of scene that could be abhorent if handled the wrong way, but somehow Solondz pulls it off. That takes skill.

Tanuki_23 said:
^It was disturbing for me until the end, then "I got it", and it just became what it was, a great comedy . . . for people sick in the head.

I think it was definitely made to be disturbing and I think its pretty obvious that the director/writers were trying to do a bit more with the film than make weirdos laugh. It is as darkly humorous as it is disturbing though.

skywise said:
I think it was definitely made to be disturbing and I think its pretty obvious that the director/writers were trying to do a bit more with the film than make weirdos laugh. It is as darkly humorous as it is disturbing though.

Yeah - 'pon deeper analysis, I think one could definitely argue that it was much more than a sick film made to make sicko's laugh. One could even argue that, given the title, it is satyrical of modern day life. Where these extremely ordinary characters are very fucked up in their own ways.

Regardless, it is fucking hilarious. Esp that scene with the dog!!! OMG. I felt dirty after seeing that little snippet!:\ :D

The lines spoken by the guy getting dumped at the beginning are my favourite...

"I'm champagne. And you are shit."

^^^ oh my god lostpunk. LMAO!! I say this all the time to people and they always just write me off for being a wanker. Which, i kinda am, but that is beside the point.

I love saying it to people who are really stupid in a smug little voice. "that is because you are shit (pause) and I AM CHAMPAGNE!

Hilarious!