PDA

View Full Version : Oxy/Hydro wd's & Suboxone

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 00:18
This friend of mine just took 4 mgs suboxone an hour ago to help cope with WD's from a heavy 5 day binge of 250-300mgs Hydro and 160 mgs Oxy.

He says the suboxone isn't really alleviating the pain in his legs or back but it is helping him function better.

Will the suboxone help with the pain he is feeling? Will he be out of WD's by morning?

Partykid12
04-08-2005, 00:26
He got bad withdrawls from a 5 day binge? Sounds to me like he might have done more than just 5 days .. Does he normally not do Opiates? What is his experience in the past 3 months with Opiates? How many hours after his use did he take the Suboxone?

altitudes
04-08-2005, 00:27
So he was only taking opi's for 5 days?? If so, he really shouldn't use Suboxone IMO. It would be better just to tough it out, otherwise he's going to have to detox from the Bup. eventually too. It would probably be a good idea to search on this topic as well. Hope your friend does ok.

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 00:32
I did some searching, just thought I could get some direct answers from you people who know.

They aren't BAD withdrawls but bad enough that he had bad dreams about drugs last night, didn't sleep well, body aches today.

The last time he did anything was Monday around 5PM MST.

Toughing it out may have been the best answer but being able to get the suboxone he thought it would help make the day a little easier. And it has so far.

How will the detox from the bupe be? What he assumed was that detoxing from the bupe the next day would be easier than the detox he just gave up on by taking the Sub.

(i.e. The Sub WD will be easier than the oxy/hydro WD.)

swybs
04-08-2005, 00:40
^^^ I would tell him/her to rough it out and save the remainder subuxone, if any is left, for a time--if he/she keeps their habit up--when they need them. For a habit that short, if it is really that short, no subuxone should be needed.

Also, subuxone should alleviate ALL WD symptoms--just a word of experience I gained--the fear and psychological part of WDs can wreck havoc more than one could imagine--just remember, people who are prescribed opiates at high doses who don't even know what WDs are have ran out, forgot medicines, etc, and said that they simply thought they had the flu. I think sometimes that us knowing has contributed to WDs being sometimes worse than they need to be. Just my 2 cents.

swybs

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 00:48
Originally posted by swybs
^^^ I would tell him/her to rough it out and save the remainder subuxone, if any is left, for a time--if he/she keeps their habit up--when they need them. For a habit that short, if it is really that short, no subuxone should be needed.

Also, subuxone should alleviate ALL WD symptoms--just a word of experience I gained--the fear and psychological part of WDs can wreck havoc more than one could imagine--just remember, people who are prescribed opiates at high doses who don't even know what WDs are have ran out, forgot medicines, etc, and said that they simply thought they had the flu. I think sometimes that us knowing has contributed to WDs being sometimes worse than they need to be. Just my 2 cents.

swybs

I absolutely agree, it's just knowing that you could hit a line and be fixed. With that in your mind, it's tough to get past it.

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 01:46
So, update now, after almost 3 hours all of his WD sympts are gone and he says he feels like he hit 50-60 mgs of Oxy.

Pretty strong little pills those Subs are.

paradoxcycle
04-08-2005, 01:49
^Bupe is very strong. He shouldn't have used the suboxone to be honest- a 5 day binge on hydro/oxycodone is not going to produce horrible WD.

Anthrax
04-08-2005, 02:37
OK a question to you;
SWIM went for a 1 - ½ week oxycodone
binge, 240mg - minimum /day .
And then SWIM ran out, felt bad for 1½ days.. then started Methadone Detox,

If SWIM will be using Methadone let say
3-4 days will the methadone just prolong the oxy WD's or will it be easier to comedown when he quits the methadone?

lyserg
04-08-2005, 03:50
From what i hear methadone withdrawals are alot worse than oxy withdrawals even though they are bad too. I would maybe try to get some bupe if you can.

Partykid12
04-08-2005, 04:09
SWIM is such a bitch.

I think he should take Bupe.. not 'done.

paradoxcycle
04-08-2005, 04:27
Why didn't SWIM just finish his WD and be done with it? It wouldn't last nearly as long as the methadone WD will last. Christ, I mean you know what the consequences of using opioids are.

Anthrax
04-08-2005, 15:53
SWIM has a Bupe abuse behind him, SWIM has been avoiding
WD's for a long time - using other preps/meds ...
SWIM cant take a cold turkey it is to DAMN BAD!
And SWIM doesnt want to get back to bupe,
it makes him sick to his stomach!

SWIM will make up one schedule,
using Codeine, Tramadol, Soma and some Benzo's to kick opiates..

paradoxcycle
04-08-2005, 16:22
^Well if you have to use something to help get clean then those are better ideas than the bupe or (god forbid) methadone. Good luck!

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 19:25
Who the fuck is SWIM.

I don't know what that stands for. Some Woman In Minnesota? haha.

Anyway... today the WD's are much less prevelant than the day before. So he says anyway.

But I suppose it may take another day for the bupe to be out of his system and for that WD to begin.

Either way, I think that his WD from 4mgs Bupe will be lighter than the WD from all the oxy/hydro.

No?

paradoxcycle
04-08-2005, 19:27
SWIM= SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ME

paradoxcycle
04-08-2005, 19:29
Originally posted by liquidheaven
Either way, I think that his WD from 4mgs Bupe will be lighter than the WD from all the oxy/hydro.

Why do you assume that? Because 4 is a smaller number than 240?
Not all opioids can be converted on a one-to-one, milligram to milligram basis. Imagine if you assumed the same for fentanyl, a drug with an LD-50 of 3.1mg/kg.

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 19:31
ahhh... excellent.

Of COURSE it isn't ME!!!! I dont do drugs. Drugs are bad for you.

Time to say sayonara to all the Rx!!!!!!

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 19:32
Originally posted by paradoxcycle
Originally posted by liquidheaven

Why do you assume that? Because 4 is a smaller number than 240?
Not all opioids can be converted on a one-to-one, milligram to milligram basis. Imagine if you assumed the same for fentanyl, a drug with an LD-50 of 3.1mg/kg.

I assume that just because SWIM said that the 4 mgs bupe felt similar to 40-60 mgs oxy.

I know they cant be converted 1:1, just going off what SWIM said the effects were like.

Do you think that's still a bad assumption?

altitudes
04-08-2005, 20:54
I don't mean any offense, but from the sounds of things and seeing that your friend thought it was necessary to use bup. for WD's from a 5 day binge, he really shouldn't touch opiates again once he kicks. If he has that hard of a time now, imagine what it's going to be like after a couple years into a habit.

liquidheaven
04-08-2005, 21:17
He is a couple of years in.

Anthrax
05-08-2005, 13:22
^^In Suboxone treatment?
Or oxycodone abuse?

liquidheaven
05-08-2005, 18:21
Oxy abuse.

And that 4mgs sub did the trick just perfectly for all you naysayers. Killed the WD completely, no Sub WD either.

He made a wise move. As far as killing the WD pain anyway.

swybs
06-08-2005, 01:57
can you ^^^ elaborate more on "swim"'s habit, since it seemed as though he was only a relatively new user?

As for bupe working??? yea, it does--kills WDs nearly completely, with only one calorie and 1/10 of the fun. Great drug, but--I have to add--I think it is becoming more and more a crutch for people to think they can control WDs and continue to use sporadically (eg, use when money is low and then when payday comes, chaaa CHING--H, or oxy, or fent, etc.....enter money low, subuxone back attack--front to back)....just something I think I am seeing, which makes me wonder what kinds of effects bupe has as the prevalence of use grows. I have been using it, more or less, for 6 months, and sometimes I feel as though "my body just don't feel right"....rambling--damn alcohol--be the death of us all (at least the drinkers).

was going to edit to add more, but realized I should end ramble now about....ending now.

swybs

liquidheaven
06-08-2005, 02:20
Been using oxy/hydro for 4 years, after 3-4 months of high(40-60mgs daily) hydro abuse, switches to oxy 3 times weekly. 160-240mgs/week for a month.

then goes on the 5 day binge.

That binge left him with some moderate WD sympts... takes 4mgs sub after 36 hours no drugs. Relieves all WD symptoms, now fully detoxed.

It worked out it seems.

TheLoveBandit
08-06-2009, 04:25
w/d proj bump

Irishboston
03-12-2014, 10:26
I never in my life of using have gone through the out of body psychosis I did yesterday when I sent myself into withdrawals after only running for a month and doing a gram a day plus like 2mg Xanax a day....I couldn't get out of bed and my father came upstairs cuz he didn't see me to find puke everywhere and the toilet completely clogged...I've never heard of someone having withdrawals as bad as I did..