Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

cocaine kits?

stepchild

Bluelighter
i was just listening to the abc's news radio station and i heard a quick report on the attempt to ban the sale of cocaine kits in australia. at first i thought they were just talking about the ones to test the purity of the coke but then some dude came on (i think it was steve bracks) and started saying things like 'it is unacceptable to have this equipment for sale that allows the production of cocaine etc'. surely he is getting a little confused? or, perhaps he is refering to some 'kit' i have never heard of? does anyone know anything about this?

I imagine that you are referring to this...

The Victorian Government is planning to stop the sale of kits that contain all the items needed to make cocaine.
The so-called "cocaine kits" are sold in some tobacco and drug paraphernalia stores and, according to the Government, promote the use of illegal drugs.
The Premier, Steve Bracks, says legal amendments to stop the sale of the kits will soon be brought into Parliament.
"Now, of course, the individual items in there are legal, but when you've got a kit which is dedicated for one purpose only, with the vials, with the razor blades, the mirrors, the things which are dedicated for that particular purpose and that purpose only, then there should be legislation," he said."I think potentially [there] could be less use because having this kit - which I didn't know existed by the way - these kits available at point of sale, you know, these how-to kits on using illegal drugs, cocaine, I think it will potentially reduce the use of cocaine in the future, but also it will send a very strong message that this is not acceptable."

I must admit that I was more confused after I read that article then before it. Kits that have EVERYTHING required to make cocaine???8o

Par-leeeaazzee!

umm what the hell..

so you will just have to go to the trouble of buying it all separately? nice work in stoping us guys :)

I think you mean one of these kits.....

Line_of_Coke.jpg

=D

I believe there talking about the little cases and satchels that contain a little mirror, a snorting tube, a razor, a vial and a spatula. iv been planning on getting a nice black one :)

If they decide to ban it il get one

^Yeah, and they're manafactured by Milton Bradley. You know that company that makes little kiddie's games? Strange huh?

nah Stuart thats an old somethingawful.com photoshop job.. yeah didnt they pass a no Bong law in sydney a few years back?? oh and i got a new bong today.. so go figure... they can ban it all they want.. means its under the counter at the stores.. its just the gov looking tough..

ticktock said:
^Yeah, and they're manafactured by Milton Bradley. You know that company that makes little kiddie's games? Strange huh?

i could not read who made it. and i want to see what one of the kits looks like because i would like to purchase one..

just like how coca cola do not make those fake cans that have there name on them for you to hide your gear in and they sound like a coke can when u shake them and look like one

ok so we havent really answered the question. i heard the radio version of that statement and clearly they have fucked it up. it doesnt supply everything you need to make cocaine clearly, i guess they are just saying 'everything you need to DO cocaine'

every time i hear a news story on drugs or dance music you hear these ridiculous terms they use (like 'techno music' referring to basically any sort of electronic music or 'rave parties' and now 'everything you need to MAKE cocaine') surely there are some journalists out there that have a clue/actually lived in the real world etc that could look at their buddys latest piece and give them a hand to make it a little more credible.

ps if they are going to ban the sale of these kits then surely it a little ridiculous to continue to allow the sale of pipes/bongs/bullets (not the ones for guns!) etc?

pps stuart, are you a journalist?!

It's the same deal as the meth pipe thing. Their logic is that if you make is harder for people to use drugs, then maybe they won't bother. That theory may have been mildly true with meth pipes, but these cocaine kits are no more effective than a rolled up twenty and a flat surface. They're more for show than anything, but if it makes the government look like they're doing something to tackle the "problem" and helps them sleep better at night, then good on 'em. ;)

Pretty stupid really.

Premier outraged over cocaine 'kits'
By Farrah Tomazin
State political reporter
August 3, 2005

Victorian Premier Steve Bracks has been so shocked to learn that cocaine-snorting kits can be bought in local shops that he has moved to outlaw them.

Mr Bracks said yesterday the State Government would amend the law to ban the sale of the kits — which contain a mirror, razor blade and snorting tube — and can be found in most tobacco and drug paraphernalia shops.

After learning of the kits on Monday, a horrified Premier sent out a staff member to buy one at a nearby shop. He immediately decided to ban them across the state.

The Government is also considering restricting the sale of bongs and other water-pipe instruments to minors.

"Having these kits — which I didn't know existed, by the way — (could) potentially reduce the use of cocaine in the future, but also, it will send a very strong message that this is not acceptable," Mr Bracks said yesterday.

But industry sources have disagreed, saying people would simply use other devices to consume cocaine, or buy each of the items in the kit individually.

Opposition Leader Robert Doyle has also questioned the move.

"Basically it seems to me to be a mirror, a tube and a razor blade — so if I go into any pharmacy and buy those three items separately … is the pharmacist going to say to me, 'Sorry, you can't buy those together because what you've just bought constitutes a cocaine kit'?" Mr Doyle asked.

Amendments will be made to the Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act to prevent the sale of cocaine kits and bongs to minors.

However, Mr Bracks said a blanket ban on bongs would not be appropriate, given the objects are also used for the smoking of regular and fruit-cured tobacco.

Victoria Police, local councils and industry groups will be asked to advise the Government on its planned drug changes.

From The Age

After learning of the kits on Monday, a "horrified" Premier sent out a staff member to buy one at a nearby shop. He immediately decided to ban them across the state.
LOL get me one and then ban those "evil" things.
However, Mr Bracks said a blanket ban on bongs would not be appropriate, given the objects are also used for the smoking of regular and fruit-cured tobacco.
HAH.

kit5gold.jpg

BigTrancer :)

Stuart said:
is that seriousley what the kit looks like?!!!
or a joke!

Dude, please... 8(

What a big difference one word can make. The ABC article made note that
The Victorian Government is planning to stop the sale of kits that contain all the items needed to make cocaine.

... and the Age gives us...
Victorian Premier Steve Bracks has been so shocked to learn that cocaine-snorting kits can be bought in local shops that he has moved to outlaw them.

Make....
Take...
Big Difference!

Looks like Bracks is a weed man hey BT :)

NEWS FLASH

Victorian Premier Steve Bracks is considering legislation to outlaw and decapitate all human limbs below the wrist after it was commonly found that 100% of ecstasy users reported using their hands in the process of consuming ecstasy.

Mr Bracks said that such a move, while inconveniencing a few, would dramatically diminish the potential for human beings to consume all illicit drugs and would send a message that they were not acceptable.

How many people do you know who use a bong to smoke "fruit cured tobacco" =D

Oh no! Wouldn't want to piss off all those "Fruit Cured Tobacco" smokers.......

ps. I love those coke kits! I want one now! Nice advertising Stevie :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Stuart
is that seriousley what the kit looks like?!!!
or a joke!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, please...

sorry.. i rely had no idea what they looked like :D

are you able to purchase them in perth?

^^ yes. I'll PM you a top little shop.

EDIT: My g/f bought one ages ago and the gold plating on the spatular and razor blade are starting to flake off. I'd imagine all those hard little flecks of metal/paint aren't good for the old nose (neither are the other bits going up there, but hey...) so just be wary when purchasing a kit. I'd suggest getting one without a gold or painted coating.

hoptis said:
NEWS FLASH

Victorian Premier Steve Bracks is considering legislation to outlaw and decapitate all human limbs below the wrist after it was commonly found that 100% of ecstasy users reported using their hands in the process of consuming ecstasy.

Mr Bracks said that such a move, while inconveniencing a few, would dramatically diminish the potential for human beings to consume all illicit drugs and would send a message that they were not acceptable.

You've worked in government before haven't you Hoptis! Brilliant!

fuck in heaven