Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Loss of a Bluelighter in the Midwest - heyamber

Woodstock

Bluelighter
Loss of a Bluelighter in the midwest

Just wanted to let everyone and anyone who was friends with "heyamber" that she was killed this evening. She was in an accident in Frankfort. Please keep her family and friends in mind...and be safe!

If you want information regarding her arrangements contact me, and I will let you know.

In loving memory, Amber H, 1983-2005

Last edited by a moderator:
This is truly sad :(

I will keep this at the top of the forum for a few days. If and when you find out information about a funeral please post the information. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear that. I didn't know her personally, only from bluelight, what a sad loss. My prayers go out to her and her family.

i didn't know her personally either, but had friends who did, and knew her from here. such a tragedy.:( my heart goes out to her family and friends.

For anyone who was friends with Amber her Funeral is going to be held at Pruitt's Funeral Home in Lexington KY. This is going to be at 2 o'clock Wednesday April 27th. If you would like more info. about the location you can find it at http://www.affordablefuneralhomes.com

Thanks for all the prayers!

Much love to you all!

woodstock

Here's link to the exact obituary....I had known Amber throughout my childhood and were re-acquainted just in the past few years because of our mutual love for the scene. I didn't want to believe this when I first heard but after doing a little research I finally was reassured that this was true. She had been to most of the recent parties here in Lousiville and surrounding areas. She will be greatly missed....:(

http://www.affordablefuneralhome.co...=-18316&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&op=tribute.obituary

For those interested and in the Louisville area they are holding a candlelight service at waterfront park for her Wednesday 27th at 8:00. If you would like to pay your respects meet up around Joe's Crab Shack at that time.

woodstock

This is terrible :( I only got to hang out a couple times but she was such a great person that this is just sadening and heart droping my prayers and best of wishes go to her and her family:(

Illumination015.jpg

This was the last time I saw Amber. She was so wonderful to me at Illumination. We also went to college together. I met her in American literature. She was one of the first people to really support me and I can't tell you what it meant to me. Like manda I did not think it was the right person at first and had to compare my photo gallery with hers. I am shocked and saddened. She was a kind heart.

"I have always hated to see someone leave the party early.." - DJLA

...me too lindz, me too.

Wow this was my best friend in the entire world. I had just taken out for her 21st birthday the night before. No one loved the scence as she did, when everyone else was tired she wanted to stay, she could her the music from miles away. This is one kandi kid that I'll never forget.

...Somewhere over the rainbow.

I remember the first time that the axis opened. she was there with Heather*...She was all excited, she requested
"Motorcycle - As the rush comes" and it was played, she was happily dancing to it...smiling (like she always did).

Last Saturday night at the club...DJ Drek (without remembering) plays "As the rush comes" a tune which he hasn't played for a long while...That was just amazing.
I definitely felt her spirit.

All my prayers go to Amber's family, and to all of us that will miss her FOREVER.

It was a blessing knowing her down here.

Rest In Magical Peace...Amber.
Now in heaven...Where the rainbows are.

amber.jpg

:(
this is terrible news to wake up to. she was so young... she left the party waaay to early. I haven't known amber forever, but se's someone that's been on my radar for a few months, always pleasant, always gave me a hug at the door.
she will be missed.
<3

i still have the butterfly kandi she gave me at LOUD... she was a HUGE asset to the scene...
Brooke> im so sorry for this.... my prayers are with you and her family.... if you need me, i'm here

Laura thanks I appreciate your support!

Don't anyone ever forget her, she was a great person!

fuck im about to go nuts

dude this was like a chick that made every laugh and giggle and think that she was a weird chick...damn i just had talk to her and she was tellin me about how shes about to graduate and then go futher into psychology with some type of health fitness.....she had her whole lifr planed out and for how long i did know her this isn't right....i wasn't ready for this and she sure and hell was n't ready either...well all i can say is that hey chick i always love as a friend Sam will esp. and everyone from the etown click that know u and shared the moments that made u who u was and the times that we wont forget....damn chick its sucks that i have to do this, i figure i would be first but...if ne one could give me a 100% info feed on whats goin on plz call me at 270-307-5639 love ya chick and will miss ya Kevin :(

Amber's mother wrote an email to me...i thought everyone would like to read it.

Dear Friends,

My daughter was an exceptional child. She turned 21 just one week ago. She was to graduate this summer with a bachelors degree in psychology and had just received her acceptance letter for graduate school in exercise physiology. She was involved in 2 honors research projects, had been to Atlanta just the weekend before her death to present on one of those projects and presented on her birthday in Louisville. She will be published this year. One of her research projects will help to support OT theory.

I feel so honored that the University of Louisville established the Amber Heuerman Honors Research Fund in one day. I am comforted to know that her legacy will live on for many years to come.

Amber was traveling alone after dark in severe weather trying to get to work. I try to imagine what it was like for her, the pounding rain, the tornado winds, the lightening, the hail the size of marbles. She lost control of her car, spun around, and hit a trailer that had pulled off the road. The impact was so forceful that she was knocked unconscious and died almost immediately. But I was comforted today when I spoke with the EMT that treated her. He arrived too late to help her but he took her hand in his and said a prayer. She did not die alone.

Today my house has been buzzing with activity preparing for Amber's funeral tomorrow. Family have arrived from as far away as Wisconsin. Amber's friends gathered here to create many displays depicting various facets of her life. Her former figure skating coach will fly in tomorrow from Iowa to attend the funeral and share with others her skating ventures and accomplishments. We are going to celebrate her life and give her one hell of a send off.

Connie

Thanks Woodstock for the info about what really happened...Her mom has of course been so busy and I've been working too much to have the time to go over to her house to find out the truth. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the funeral today because I am in Louisville working, but myself just as everyone else send best regards and are thinking of her.

i cry every time i read this.

the party just started. :(