Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Dead Like Me.

randycaver

Bluelight Crew
TV: Dead Like Me on Showtime

Who watches it?

I am shocked that I haven't seen any posts or threads about it. It's my favorite show on TV right now.

It's got a great cast and an interesting storyline.. it's people who are undead and are grim reapers who take the souls of people before they are about to die.

I hope I'm not the only one!

I LOVE this show1

I don't like a lot of TV--especially summertime TV--but I always make a point of either watching or taping DEAD LIKE ME. Its funny, sharp & pitch black dark yet it also manages to be sweet & heartfelt. Thats not an easy balance but the makers of DEAD LIKE ME manage it beautifully & brilliantly. I also like the fact that not all of the characters are likeable. Right now DEAD LIKE ME & AARRGH! ITS THE MR HELL SHOW are the only reasons I bother to pay for Showtime.

People PAY????!!! ;)

I liked the show a great deal at first, but I feel like they are having some issues keeping it alive (story wise) right now. If they can pull it together again, I will be very happy.

dead like me is good

I think the show is great. It did kind of slow down a bit since the freat start but they redeemed themselves with the last episode. That guy getting killed in the College Nitrous tank accident was classic. The characters are great and the story lines are usually pretty deep.

I didnt care too much for the mr hell show but that other animated show after dead like me 'Free for All' (friday nights) kicks ass.

I always get a nice buzz on before viewing this show.

just wanted to bump this because this upcoming Friday is the season finale of the show, and it's already been said that there will be another season. Sucks to have to wait so long though, but YAY!

i like the show, but i do agree that it seems as though they will run out of ideas, unless they change the supporting characters often.

I really liked this show, but I don't have showtime anymore.

sho

Have you watched it? Would you know?
--ok from my brief perusal of the Six Feet Under website on HBO, the two shows appear to have nothing in common except for death.

do you have any idea of what Dead Like Me is as a show? lol it seems like it isnt a ripoff

that would be pretty lame of Showtime to do that.

I just find it amusing that HBO had a hugely successful show about death... and now Showtime has a show about death.

They did they same thing with CSI - now there is JagCSI and Cold Case, ad nauseum.

/me hates Hollywood's need to clone a great show into the ground.

There isnt an infinite amount of ideas to create shows..

If you'd watch it perhaps you'd realize that it is quite a unique idea... I've never before heard of a show about people who have died and become grim reapers, or anything remotely similar. It doesn't focus much on death, imo, it's just what it's based on.. that probably doesn't make much sense but if you see the show you might know what i mean.

I think the show is great and it's about life and death.... it's funny how the girl's finds out more about life (hers, and life in general) after she's dead than she did when she was alive.

Technically she's *undead* anyway, i think people should check it out, it gets a big thumbs up from me.

sho

<bump>

thought for sure more people would have been talking about this show!

im addicted and second season starts soon!!!!

Well, somehow, I've already seen the first episode! Of course, no spoilers but...........

It's awesome! :)

randycaver said:
Well, somehow, I've already seen the first episode! Of course, no spoilers but...........

It's awesome! :)

PVT me!!!! SPILL!!!!

%)

PLEASE <gets on knees>
=D

I perfer the HBO however I am quite tempted to buy the 1st season on dvd. I hear good things even though it does seems like a 6 feet under rip off. Also I don't think anything on TV is as deep & introspective as six feet under.

G

For some reason, on the TV in my lviing room where the DVR box is, I get every pay channel. The cable company hasn't noticed in 6 months, so I'm not going to start telling them.

This is one of the 2 shows on Showtime worth watching (Besides Penn & Teller: Bullshit).

And it's alwasy fun to watch Mason fuck-up.

"I've got illegals in my bottom!"