• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

sub-forum for pill information requests . . .

crow011

Bluelighter
this may appear to be a little arrogant to assume the mods or admins havent already considered this, but as you all know ive been studying this forum; and particularly today, the threads involved with pill information . . .

i was just thinking that it would perhaps be easier to keep track of all the threads involved with Pill Information Requests if they were given their own sub forum - obviously as an offshoot from Australian Drug Discussion . . . that way it would be easier to see if the pill information to be requested hasnt been done before . . . plus it would simply be a lot more tidy . . .

just an idea . . .

Good idea, it's almost how the forum was started in the beginning. Australian Drug Discussion started as a pill info request forum for Australians due to the level of US/EUR traffic in the Bluelight Discussion forum around five years ago, and grew into a full drug discussion forum. The traffic level in the Aus Discussion forum has never really been high enough to consider further fragmenting into dedicated-topic subforums as an option.

Our current 'middle ground' option is to index pill threads and results into CITY pill threads - which is actually more specific than a pill reports subforum, and with a little attention these threads are cleaned up into quite handy summaries.

Pillreports also still exists with an Australian/NZ section where pill details can be quickly compared to the big database, and further discussion threads can usually be quickly located here with the search function (tip: just search for "info request"; just about all pill info threads end up with these key terms in the title) - the only difficulties are usually when new logos are used where people don't all agree on the name initially. But these things work out in the end.

BigTrancer :)

nice, going by city would be even better, i hadnt considered that . . .

after studying a sample of the pill information requests threads, ive noticed that only 0.36 replies occur for each request thread, with 8.11 views - this is consistent with your comment on low traffic . . .

so i guess Pillreports.com is still the primary area for those looking for pill information; and as this is the case, "tidying up" the pill requests threads isnt deemed important . . .

still, it wouldve made my categorising easier ;) . . .

Or that the original poster hasn't included enough information.

Or that there is already a post on pillreports about the pill.

Originally posted by BigTrancer
Pillreports also still exists with an Australian/NZ section where pill details can be quickly compared to the big database, and further discussion threads can usually be quickly located here with the search function (tip: just search for "info request"; just about all pill info threads end up with these key terms in the title) - the only difficulties are usually when new logos are used where people don't all agree on the name initially. But these things work out in the end.
I think if there was a specific subforum it would not get the traffic and information replies to these threads would decrease.

As a side note I have just finished the final specification for the company programming pillreports. They begin programming it tomorrow and have already started on the logo/design concepts. Pillreports will become a vastly more valuable resource (with a much higher data quality) when the new system is finished, and we have decided to stick with the existing rule of not allowing information requests. This may change at a later date but it is to reduce the 'noise' on the site and increase the 'signal'. Hopefully with a better system more reports will be posted and there will be less need for Bluelight Info Request threads.