• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural Psychotropics and Ethnobotanics Thread

Xorkoth said:
What's a good dose of blue lotus petals? I finally obtained a sample of them to explore but I'd like an opinion from someone experienced as to a proper dosage.

Thanks!

Hmm, with herbs such as Nymphaea I tend to chuck in whatever amount feels nccesary; say, in this case one to two nice flowers worth per cup. It doesn't extract brilliantly into water unfortuntately, but is certainly a nice and relaxing beverage. Now lotus wine/vodka is nice. 15 grams or so left in either alchhohl for a week; one shot of vodka is all it takes for a decent loving buzz. I just enjoy lotus to be honest; I'm soon toreceive some Lotus granules, 10:1 extract so I'll be having a play with that....

fourty6andtwo said:
8o eww...mine has never smelled like that...

Well I've never had lotus tea, but I'd guess its just one of those things in how everyone's noses are different, like how I just had some pumpkin spice coffee this morning that gf said smelled like ass, but it seemed ok to me.

Has anyone tried steeping wild dagga (leonitis leonurus) in an alcohol such as wine?

^No, and I don't think I would. I can imagine a very bad taste....if your looking for a way of centrating the effects of wild dagga then get an extract and smoke it. I've been using a 30:1 extract over the last few days, just sprinkling into the occaisional joint. Adds something, don't know what though. I have a little bit left, probably a gram; I plan on drinking a bit today and capsulising the dagga with a lotus extract and eating....will report back if its anything worthwhile.

mulberryman said:
Anyone know anything about cross-breeding hops with cannabis?

Breeding, not sure. Grafting has occured. Warmke and Davidson (1943) claimed humulus grafted on cannabis stock resulted in psychoactive hop leaves. Crombie (1975) found opposing data that showed no transfer of thc from low potent strains grafted on high potent strains or humulus grafted on cannabis. Crombie had chromatographic analysis.

Last edited:
Interesting, one would think they could be cross polinated, though, resulting in a new plant superior to both.

I have certainly heard that a hybrid of hops and cannabis can be 'made', but I wouldn't know how. Interesting thought.

I plan on drinking a bit today and capsulising the dagga with a lotus extract and eating....will report back if its anything worthwhile.

Did it, and the lotus yielded a nice effect ontop of beer mushroom and acid. Dagga I didn't take, I simply parachuted a gram of Lotus extract.

swilow said:
I have certainly heard that a hybrid of hops and cannabis can be 'made', but I wouldn't know how. Interesting thought.

You would have to (well maybe not "have to" but it would be a lot easier) hand-pollinate the female hops with cannabis pollen. The stigma of the hops plant would have to accept the pollen though, which is not guaranteed. Pollen grains landing on a stigma will not necessarily germinate and grow into the ovaries due to mechanisms of incompatibility.

Anyways, I got some kanna powder the other day and tried it to some good effect. I ate some (eyeballed amount maybe 100mg) then about 20 minutes later snorted two lines (average sized lines i guess). Maybe 5 minutes after snorting I had some distinct feelings in my head, which felt lighter and spacey. Hard to explain the feeling, taking one hit of cannabis noticeably increased the effects.

I plan on experimenting with a larger oral dose since snorting plant matter SUCKS ASS (even if it is a fine powder).

Anybody here have much experience with calea?

If so how do you prefer ingestion?
If making a tea...any good techniques for covering up that terribly bitter taste?

let me know how the oral goes Psyghost as I have hesitated with the nasal route myself (I like my sinuses clear =D)

adrian89987 said:
Anybody here have much experience with calea?

If so how do you prefer ingestion?
If making a tea...any good techniques for covering up that terribly bitter taste?

I would use/make a tincture personally. On the same subject matter, does ayone have any pharmacological info on c. zacatechichi, eg. what causes the intensity of dreaming....?

samadhi_smiles said:
let me know how the oral goes Psyghost as I have hesitated with the nasal route myself (I like my sinuses clear =D)

I didn't get any noticeable effects from only eating it.

what is your preferred method now besides snorting (i won't snort that shit damn!). I guess that leaves smoking or plugging. Did smoking give you good effects? How big your dosage?

I tried 40mg and didn't get much effects at all (but combined it with some strong marijuana so it was hard to tell if something subtle was going on)

^What are the effects meant to be, isn't mesembrine an SRI?

samadhi_smiles said:
what is your preferred method now besides snorting (i won't snort that shit damn!). I guess that leaves smoking or plugging. Did smoking give you good effects? How big your dosage?

I tried 40mg and didn't get much effects at all (but combined it with some strong marijuana so it was hard to tell if something subtle was going on)

I havnt tried it in a while, i still have some so maybe its time for an experiment. I never found a preferred method...The snorting worked but the effects weren't worth the sludge that proceeded to come from my nose :!

Maybe it can be dissolved in alcohol? I've never smoked it.

I might try and get a live plant specimen though. Traditionally the leaves are "fermented" and then chewed. My kanna was a fine powder, whether it was prepared properly before being powderized, I don't know.

yeah mine came as a fine powder too. I would like to get fresh and prepare it myself. The chewing sounds like the best way to take it. I wonder if you just try to hold some in your mouth sublingually?

i'll try smoking some again this time w/o marijuana.

I've got like 20 grams of kanna, minus a couple hundred milligrams. I find effects from it, but it's strange... I'm not sure I like it. However, I have only tried sublingual. Any recommendations in getting it to work?

Sunlingually, I hold it between my gums and cheek and apply saliva, and squeeze from time to time. I hold the "loaded" salvia in my mouth and swallow after a while. I really dislike the taste... it's not horrible but it becomes pretty sickening. Also the texture makes me feel like I'm chewing on shellfish guts or something. :\