• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural Psychotropics and Ethnobotanics Thread

a dose of about 9-12 O sized caps works out well for me usually with batches of the malaysian leaf. though a few days ago i used some that i purchased 6 or so months ago thinking it'd be alright.. got very sick feeling in the stomach, usually doesnt happen, went bad i guess

That was mostly a few years back. No, it's kratom... just weaker than usual.

Well, tonight I have prepared what has been a successfully 'inebriating' tea utilising blue lotus, valerian root and passionflower. The two types of ginseng, as well as 'Siberian ginseng' and withania herb were also consumed prior to consumption...

Recipe: 12g passiflora, 7 grams blue lotus and four grams of valerian. On top of that has been some puffs on marijuana (well bongs actually :)) and several joints of lotus and passionflower. Whetehr its placebo or not, I defintely feel very relaxed, focused, mildly spacey and VERY philosophical. This is not a psychedelic or getting fucked up combo at all, but a very relaxing and rewarding state. I plan to do this again adding damiana, and poppies. Contemplating smoking something stronger, but I feel very content and don't want to agitate my mind.

Anyway, just thought I'd ramble that off- a very agreeable herbal concotion- quite tasty too. :)

^I recently did 6g of blue lotus which had been steeped in white wine for 3 days. It got me somewhere definitely. I felt like when I would walk in a straight line that the floor was slowly spinning and it made me try and spin my body to compensate. Not exactly sure how to describe it. Relaxed, sedating for sure, but short (2 hours later it was gone completely). When it came off I had energy which suprised me.

Plan on doing it again, maybe 10g lotus.

lotus is a great addition to many things.. sedates my usual cannabis anxiety, though sometimes i enjoy those wide-eyed squirrel like movements:) .. and adds plenty of euphoria to a beer or two

^Wikipedia is hardly definiteive though :)

willow11 said:
Well, tonight I have prepared what has been a successfully 'inebriating' tea utilising blue lotus, valerian root and passionflower. The two types of ginseng, as well as 'Siberian ginseng' and withania herb were also consumed prior to consumption...

Recipe: 12g passiflora, 7 grams blue lotus and four grams of valerian. On top of that has been some puffs on marijuana (well bongs actually :)) and several joints of lotus and passionflower. Whetehr its placebo or not, I defintely feel very relaxed, focused, mildly spacey and VERY philosophical. This is not a psychedelic or getting fucked up combo at all, but a very relaxing and rewarding state. I plan to do this again adding damiana, and poppies. Contemplating smoking something stronger, but I feel very content and don't want to agitate my mind.

Anyway, just thought I'd ramble that off- a very agreeable herbal concotion- quite tasty too. :)

I like your style willow :)

willow11 said:
^Wikipedia is hardly definiteive though :)

Human knowledge is hardly definitive. There's probably hundreds, if not thousands of species as not yet isolated and categorized by modern science that can get you high as a Georgia Pine on a hill of Green Light Super Bloom.

Ptah said:
Wikipedia is the Word of God you little blasphemer you

Lord, FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be called dickepedia...did you know that one of Zolpidems side effects was, for about 3 days, watermelon sized testicles?

mulberryman said:
Human knowledge is hardly definitive. There's probably hundreds, if not thousands of species as not yet isolated and categorized by modern science that can get you high as a Georgia Pine on a hill of Green Light Super Bloom.

I think in the deep ocean trenches that theirs probably an entire PEA lab synthing things more complex then any human could invent. And its run by blind fish with legs and wings.

Last edited:
So I picked up some kava kava and passion flower the other day.

Has anyone smoked passion flower or is it better to make a tea? Anyone got some dosages?

The kava worked just a little, but thats probably cuz I used 2 teaspoons instead of 2 tablespoons.

^I don't 'dose' passionflower too specifically, but a few teaspoons per cup should do it. It can be nice to smoke and drink it; it is relaxing, but mildly so. Kava, if it works, is very very good! :)

willow11 said:
Kava, if it works, is very very good! :)

yesyse, i love kava deeply.. hopefully, if i can afford it that is.. i may able to visit hawaii this coming spring break, first thing i'm going to do when i get there - visit a awa/kava bar:)

Kava works, but is more subtle that some reports suggest, at least for me. It is a good anxiety-reliever and mild relaxant. Perhaps at high doses it becomes more interesting.

^very true.. if you live near a food or health store that sells Yogi brand tea, i urge you to check out their kava product.. they add cinnamon and other spices that make the tea taste amazing and work just a good too.. come in from the cold outside and pour yourself hot water over 3-4 bags, and you've got yourself warmthy comfort in a cup, go on to drinking 2-3 cups.. light a bowl or two = %) .. this has been my nightly ritual for a while now, perfect combination for a comforting night around the house

What's a good dose of blue lotus petals? I finally obtained a sample of them to explore but I'd like an opinion from someone experienced as to a proper dosage.

Thanks!

So I made a tea of 7 grams that I ground up pretty finely first... I'll let it steep for about 20 minutes a la kratom. I also have a dose of kratom made. Will this be a good combination? I'm fairly certain it will be. Should I drink the lotus material along with the tea, or should I strain it and just drink the tea?

This lotus tea smells exactly like the monkey house at a zoo! Odd... is that just me?